The 2017 Oscar Picks Pool is Open

Tools    

I'd bet against all three. Least sure about effects, though.
You should be... I thought the visual effects on Deepwater Horizon were fantastic and it's not something I normally pick up on.. it really made the film, the scene towards the end when they are all on the boat and the deepwater is ablaze in the background casting an eerie light on everything was beautiful.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Tomorrow morning, everyone will go - WTF??? Why didn't La La Land win big?!

Moonlight, Hacksaw Ridge or Manchester by the Sea -- one of those movies wins Best Picture, I think.
I could be wrong, but I don't think it is going to win either. My prediction is that it will go to Moonlight. And I think it may win actress (not that I think she deserves it more than Ryan Gosling but he has a tougher competition in his category), director, music (score and song), and, possibly, cinematography.

I am really unsure about Best Actor. I think it might go to Denzel (after all, he also won the Tony for this - forgetting the fact that he won the SAG). I am leaning towards him. I wouldn't mind seeing Casey Affleck win (I still say he should've won for The Assassination of Jesse James). Part of me feels that if Denzel had been nominated for Director, he may have gotten that (an award that I think he would actually prefer) and Casey Affleck would definitely get Actor then.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yup, same old "I'll buy you a movie of your choice" deal.
Take this as an oscar bribe, Yods - if I win I'm donating my prize to the second place getter. You'll just have to run into nd change my picks before anyone notices.

If i win i'm getting Yoda to send Miss Vicky a Wes Anderson film.

Does MissV dislike Wes?

If i win i'm getting Yoda to send @Miss Vicky a Wes Anderson film.
Have we ever done Movie Bets?

There's an idea. Instead of betting with money... the loser has to watch something they wouldn't like.

My prediction is that it will go to Moonlight.
Originally Posted by SilentVamp
I am really unsure about Best Actor. I think it might go to Denzel
Sounds like you might be thinking what I've been thinking -- that the black movie and the black actors will get rewarded this time, thanks to the protests of people like Jada Pinkett Smith.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
When does the ceremony start and when does the chat open?

Since you're wrong about so many things, I'm not especially worried.
LOL. You two re hilarious.

Stupid A key. I;m going to go postal.

Since you're wrong about so many things, I'm not especially worried.
Well, i'll just send you an autographed picture of Wes.... autographed by Paul Thomas Anderson of course.

Actually someone really should ask Wes to sign a picture of PTA or vice-versa.

I haven't seen the movie. I could be totally wrong. But my hunch is La La Land won't win Best Picture and maybe not much else.

Tomorrow morning, everyone will go - WTF??? Why didn't La La Land win big?!

Moonlight, Hacksaw Ridge or Manchester by the Sea -- one of those movies wins Best Picture, I think.
I was right!

Well, I'll try to check all the data tomorrow, but I think it's probably right as-is. Looks like The UsualSuspect won, after losing last year on a tiebreak. Congrats, Matt!

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
So was I.
My prediction is that it will go to Moonlight.
I didn't do as well as I thought I would. I thought about changing my Best Actor prediction closer to the award ceremony, but then I just didn't bother. There was always the chance that my original prediction would've gotten it.

Congrats Suspect

I got 16/24, i've did better each year. Really surprised i got that much i was 2/6 at one point and thought this was going to be my worst year yet.

Damn, just remembered i changed Casey to Denzel at the last minute . Think i just got paranoid with Denzels other wins haha.