FromBeyond's 200 Films

→ in
Tools    

The House of the Devil is excellent, i only watched it coz i saw it on a horror list Swan posted here. I hadn't heard of it until then and i really loved it.

A scene that regularly pops into my head is:

WARNING: "the house of the devil" spoilers below
The one where she is dancing around the house listening to music, having a great time, completely unaware of so much evil and danger surrounding the house and her friend having just been brutally executed.

Amazing scene

Yeah loved House Of The Devil, even though a lot of it is simply a build up of tension, it does so so effectively and with such a satisfying climax it's not a problem and it really captured a nostalgic feel perfectly, this movie feels at least two decades too late and not that it's just trying to achieve that. The story is nothing we haven't seen before but told so pitch perfectly, is a welcome addition.

movies can be okay...
One of the best horror films for sure.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Looking for a movie watching partner
The House of the Devil is my best one, Devil always close with me

169. Romper Stomper (1992)

168. Perfume: Story Of A Murderer (2006)

167. Hamburger Hill (1987)

I only saw Hamburger Hill at the movies so I don't remember it that well, but I do remember thinking it was a good movie.

Perfume rings a bell; I think I almost watched it before.

Love Romper Stomper and Nightcrawler!