Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

How the f**k I'm alive after this s**t?

They made a sequel????

Suspect's Reviews

Please hold your applause till after the me.
Rewach. Can't wait for the Scorsese version.

Directed by Masahiro Shinoda (Pale Flower, Assassination, Samurai Spy)
Does not look like a 1971 film. Beyond of his time!
+
I know this might be my fanboy talking, but here was my reaction to the Scorsese version.

The original is good to though.

“I was cured, all right!”
I know this might be my fanboy talking, but here was my reaction to the Scorsese version.

The original is good to though.
Oh man! I'm already crying and even watched the movie yet!
Can't wait!!!

Bridget Jones' Diary (2001)

I watched it with my classmates, and it bored the hell out of me. Not the movie's fault. Remind me to never watch movies with my classmates again.

Wiener-Dog (2016)

The Library Suicides (2016)

I, Daniel Blake (2016)

Trespass Against Us (2016)

Moana (2016)

Passengers (2016)

Legend in my own mind

I found this to be a powerful film. There is some 'Hollywood' in there but I was able to see past it because so much was good about the film.

I think it really did what it was intended to do.

I found it to be tense and really felt that it gave me a slight insight into the events, in the same way that Sully did too.

I though Wahlberg was strong again but not sure the film needed his character.

Will do a full review in a short while

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I, Daniel Blake is a pretty good movie, a compendium of what Loach has been doing his entire career, but after Ladybird, Ladybird, Riff-Raff and My Name Is Joe (among others), it's a little bit old news. Still, serious film watchers should see it.

movies can be okay...

I saw I spit on your grave 3 randomly on TV for the first time. I wish I didn't...but it kinda works as a comedy, it still sucks arse though.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Vertigo -
+

Rewatched this for Sean's thread. So perfect, it may be my favourite film. Will post my write-up when Sean opens the thread. Posted this in the Sci-Fi Countdown by accident

I don't know about perfect, but it's a great film...it might have been perfect with someone other than Kim Novak playing Madeline, but it's the closest she's come to giving an actual performance.

Papillon(1973) 8/10

I don't know about perfect, but it's a great film...it might have been perfect with someone other than Kim Novak playing Madeline, but it's the closest she's come to giving an actual performance.
Vera Miles was slated to play Kim Novak's role but Vera became pregnant and had to bow out.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I, Daniel Blake is a pretty good movie, a compendium of what Loach has been doing his entire career, but after Ladybird, Ladybird, Riff-Raff and My Name Is Joe (among others), it's a little bit old news. Still, serious film watchers should see it.
How would you rank his movies? I don't think I have many left, and I've enjoyed your recommendations. Thanks