Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I just saw Pacific Rim. It was silly and a didn't have a deep plot but I'll give it a 7/10 just due to the great action and effects and the titanic monsters.

Legend in my own mind
Witness

I have recently heard a lot of good things about this film and wondered how I had never watched it.

I enjoyed it. Ford does really well and although some of the other acting is a bit wooden the plot of the film is decent.

Definitely worth a watch

I'll be rewatching this soon as well. Just gotta force myself to finish the damn 12th HOF and then I'll watch this. Probably this weekend.
Yahoo, I just finished and yup it was hard to keep myself motivated this time around.

I'm not going to lie, I'd be having a hard time with that lineup in HOF 12. Not much that catches me interest initially.
Yup, here's hoping for more important films in the 13th Hof. Even my nom wasn't my favorite.

Fever Lake. Not even sure it is a B movie, going to give it a 1.7.

everything I've heard about it has been terrible. It bombed pretty hard at the box office this past weekend, so I doubt I'll see it in theatres.
It might surprise you. But, it's long, so if you think it won't be for you, I definitely would avoid it.

Care for some gopher?
Yep, great movie!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I'm just really not liking most of the nominations and it's making me lose my motivation to watch more. The only one I really liked that I hadn't previously seen was Man From Nowhere, and it's probably going to get disqualified since Royale went AWOL.

I only have Sanshiro Sugata left though.
Sanshiro was one of the ones that I rented and couldn't get to. I have either 3 or 4 left

I finished in less than two weeks
That's because YOU are an ANIMAL

I'm not going to lie, I'd be having a hard time with that lineup in HOF 12. Not much that catches me interest initially.
that does seem to be a bit common with a large chunk of us
EDIT: and seeing CR's comment it looks like he's included in that chunk as well

The Lodger (1927)

A Jack the ripper type serial killer is on the loose targeting young blond-haired females. When a mysterious figure takes tenancy at her property, a landlady soon suspects that this could be him.

Incredible early Hitchcock that contains recurring theme on innocence and guilt. Tense atmosphere throughout and suspense created like only Hitch can do. For a movie that is now 90 years old its incredible how ahead of its time this was. In particular, the shot of the hand shown on the bannister whilst descending the stairs is out of this world.

+
I have seen the 1944 version with Laird Cregor which was pretty incredible and I've been told to check this one out and really need to. Even more so seeing your rating

“I was cured, all right!”
I just frickin LOOOVE the movies you watch, Ultra!!
You hilariously sick lil puppy, you
Thanks!
This sick piece of s**t movies makes me laugh as hell.

Bridget Jones' Diary (2001)

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
As I've mentioned to Vicky before this is one of the main reasons I've never joined any of the HOFs. I worry I'd get stuck watching a load of films I'd hate.

for me it was lack of time, this is the first major HOF, the 40's one was excellent (that was my actual first HOF), same with the animated shorts - both I shot through with great choices.
I did know going in there may be some I'd have trouble with, but the payoff for finding new favorites makes it worthwhile.

I just finished watching Allied. It was pretty good. 7/10

This might just do nobody any good.

The best movie of 2016.

Maybe even the decade so far. It's everything.

Go watch this now. It's on Hulu, if you got the service. The quickest and some of the most engrossing, frustrating, fascinating, enraging and tragic 467 minutes put on film. Ever.

10/10

Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs (1937) [rating]4[rating] Another revisit from my childhood, marveling at the details of the backgrounds that I took for granted as a child. And a greater appreciation for the 'presence' of the Queen.
I also kept thinking of Anne Hathaway's portrayal of The White Queen in Alice in Wonderland and her mimicking of Snow White's movements - made me chuckle.

“I was cured, all right!”

How the f**k I'm alive after this s**t?

Rewach. Can't wait for the Scorsese version.

Directed by Masahiro Shinoda (Pale Flower, Assassination, Samurai Spy)
Does not look like a 1971 film. Beyond of his time!
+

Please hold your applause till after the me.
I had to wait extra long to see this film due to my sh*t schedule.

The original John Wick is one of my favorite action films of all time and one of my favorites in general, but I do have one pretty glaring flaw with it. There are clearly plenty of moments throughout the film were it was clear they were restricted by their budget, it's not their fault in the slightest, but it's kind of hard not to notice. But with a larger budget, they made everything bigger and better. Once again, gorgeous action and stuntwork, fantastic graphic novel-esk world-building, a killer performance from Reeves, and I'm super pumped for Chapter 3 before this one even ends. However, they did do something different, not bad, different. The first film had a simple plot, bad guys do bad things, they must die, but in this film, the do actually go for a bit of a morally grey story line. Personally, I like both of these plots, but I guess it's up to your personal preference weather this is good or not.

And also, the final fight sequence is phenominal, one of the finest sequences in any action film I've ever seen. I can do nothing but praise a film for making me ask, "How on earth did they film that?".