Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

True.

And he kind of sounds depressed all the time... even when he's happy. He got a voice that makes you feel dead inside.
Sort of like how Giovanni Ribisi always looks like he's gonna cry.

Legend in my own mind
Snatch (2000) - 9/10

Brad Pitt in Snatch > Everything else he has done
Do you like dags?

3/10

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Couple of more flicks I've seen recently:
Kiss of Death (1947): 7/10 - Watched it primary because of Richard Widmarks's famous debut and was nothing else but amazed. I think I'll never forget the wheelchair scene. The noir itself is mediocre, but Widmark really puts on a powerhouse performance.

If you haven't already, you may wish to see:

Widmark, like in so many other flicks, is incredible AND, this time, the lead! and is still not a good guy. Great movie!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The New Land - 7.5/10

Just a little too long. And for a three and a half hour movie, I would have liked to have seen a few real scenes between the Swedes (New Americans) and the established Americans.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
The BFG (2016)
+

Finally, a documentary that explains a queen's true purpose and demonstrates her usefulness. It was a lot of fun. Quality CGI.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	dogs.png
Views:	456
Size:	267.4 KB
ID:	28991  

I seem to be going through a 80's movies revival stint at the moment hope its not signs of a mid life crises lol.

Always intended to catch this film but never seemed to get around too it till tonight. Highly entertaining and well done, highly recommended.

I fart on this movie.
He sounds like a teenager whose voice is always on the verge of cracking.
He got a voice that makes you feel dead inside.
Do you like dags?
Yup. Assassins Creed was a pile of broken dreams and burnt dust.
Some of the best quotes I've seen in a while, and all on one page!

Recently seen:

Scar Tissue (2013)

Although low-rated on IMDB, I really enjoyed this murder mystery that has a major turn in it about 2/3's of the way through. About a young, female cop named Sam, who is obsessed with a serial killer from the past who seems to have taken up his former ways. Only problem is, he's dead. So, with the help of a young man (played by Danny Horn) who has a murder victim show up in his apartment, Sam plays cat-and-mouse with the killer, with bodies piling up every day and her no closer to a revelation. Add to that her jerk of a Captain who suspends her and seems to be one step behind her, waiting to bust her, and she's got extreme pressure on her. For me, the real revelation in this movie is Charity Wakefield as Sam. The reason I've never seen her is that she's appeared almost exclusively in BBC or British classic productions and as I don't really seek those out, I've really missed out on her. She's terrific and good-looking to boot. The movie being a mystery that I couldn't figure out the resolution to helped immensely.

Central Intelligence (2016)

A not-bad action-comedy with Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart. It starts with high school, and Kevin Hart is the high school all-around hero, and Dwayne Johnson is a the poor overweight outcast (with the help of CGI) and target of bullies. When a prank on Johnson turns really mean, Hart comes to his aid and suddenly has a friend for life. The only problem is that he doesn't know it until years later. Johnson shows up as a buffed-out member of the CIA and involves his "best buddy" Hart in his case, which involves being chased by other CIA members, bad guys, and of course, a meet-up with the bully from high school days. It's all very predictable, but due to the earnest jobs by the two main stars, it somehow works and entertains, which is the most important thing in my book.

John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017)

Does it have issues? Oh, sure. It can be slow at times, and the character is essentially invincible, throwing any kind of tense drama out the door. But what it exceeds in is what the movie calls for, action, and my god, is it good. I love seeing Hulk fight Iron Man in glorious CGI as much as the next person, but I just have to hand it when they do all of the action for real. Well, ok, Keanu Reeves didn't actually murder one billion people, but you know what I mean, shut up. No shaky cam distracting the action due to the incompetence of the director, or restrictions due to a rating. It's all there for you to see, and it's slick, well chereographed, and fast, all the reasons why I love action movies in the first place. I respect it so much for never once going the easy route. I feel like action filmmakers, and studios really need to take notes on this one.

It's also effortlessly cool. Some movies try too hard, like Kingsmen, or even movies I really enjoy, such as Deadpool, are really eager to please. This movie never has to. The dialogue is minimal, but very effective. The characters are simple, but all just give off this badass sinister vibe through the performances, you'll be surprised how even with all of this over the top stuff is going on, the actors always keep it subtle. Ok, maybe not Laurence Fishburne, but of course I'm pleased to see him in there!

Top that off with things I'm always a sucker for, like action filled with neon lights, dark, shady blues, and a bit of dark comedy, and you have yourself a winner here. Bring on the sequel. Or the sequels. I'd be willing to watch 100 of these.

I just watched Batmand vs Superman and it might have been the worst movie I've ever seen.

Hopscotch. Walter Matthau is a CIA agent retired to a desk job by his obnoxious new boss (Ned Beatty). In retaliation he does a runner and starts sending off chapters of a scandalous tell-all memoir, leading his former colleagues on a worldwide chase to try and stop him in this early 80s spy comedy. Mildly amusing with a good cast including Glenda Jackson, Sam Waterston and Herbert Lom, but nothing special and drags somewhat in the last act or so.

Just to be clear, that's meant to be "didn't see it" instead of "did see it but didn't like it".
Yeah, I got you. Anyways, I just saw Deepwater recently and wondered how it compared to the other Berg-Berg collab...