Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

→ in
Tools    

I never got a chance to see it (not old enough) Anybody see it. What is your opinion about it. It sounded pretty good plus it was written by charlie kaufman (which every movie he has writen has been brilliant). Also its nice to see Jim Carrey again he kind of dissapeared.

Originally Posted by kaufman_fan
I never got a chance to see it (not old enough) Anybody see it. What is your opinion about it. It sounded pretty good plus it was written by charlie kaufman (which every movie he has writen has been brilliant). Also its nice to see Jim Carrey again he kind of dissapeared.
just saw it this morning...excellent performances by jim carrey and kate winslet as a couple who have their memories erased of each other...

starts out confusing but the ending makes this film worthwhile...

movie says its filmed on long island but the actual filming is done in westchester and new york proper..montauk is actually east hampton

despite these inaccuracies, i give this film an a...

Do you know my poetry?
I saw this film on Friday and I have to say it's just brilliant. Mr. Kaufman has easily become one of my favorite screenwriters of all time, he always writes something genius. He does it again here with with great performances by both the great Carrey and Winslet. Carrey once again shows us here he can be a terrific actor. This is one of the best romantic films I've seen in a while, the last good romantic film being Punch-Drunk Love. Also have to give some credit to the films great director Michel Gondry, he did a terrific job in the direction here. I just loved this film and I hope you all get a chance to see this masterpiece.

amazing film, i had the chance and met jim carrey and kate winslet on set at MSP in new york. this film is complex but intelligent. it reminded me of memento,

LITTLE SPOILERS***
I like how the movie is portrayed, TALK ABOUT , being meant for each other.
the only reason they met again, was when she said remember Montauk, the next morning he got on that train.

RATING: 9/10 not better then passion of the christ tho

I posted my review in my thread, just click on the link in my signature if you're interested. It's a brilliant film.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I loved the film. I really think that it depends on what type of films you like, to determine if you will like this one. I saw it and loved it, but the guy in front of me said to his wife after the movie: "the best part of this movie was the end!!!" I felt it was great though.

9 out of 10

Linkin Park Forums

Affordable and Reliable Web Designs and Hosting

Portfolio!!
www.MeteoraStudios.com
www.DigitalEinstein.com
www.LinkinParkForums.com

One of the best movies ive ever seen. It makes you feel all weird coming out of the movie theather, but feeling enlightnened for those first couple of hours after its finished.

"I can't help it..."
I saw the movie about two months ago, and I really enjoyed it.
The acting was superb from Jim Carrey, and Kate Winslet is good; as she always is.
Michel Gondry's direction made the film dazzle in a way I don't think other directors would be able to... And as always, Charlie Kaufman's screenplay is amazing... A great film!
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

Kaufman is an extraordinary writer. Every since I saw this film it has stayed with me, touched me and inspired me. The casting was superb; I can't believe the level of quality of the performances. Everything about this movie was inviting and very appropriate. I loved the warmth, the subtlety, the honesty, the intensity and the touch of humour of this film. Very Kaufman-ish.

history *is* moralizing
Thrilley above is right. Jim keeps amazing me. and he IS attractive! and i didn't like Kate previously, now i do some more. the movie's *beautiful*, right word, Sleezy. plus Kirsten Dunst fans like me can be happy, even if she's not there so much time.

I too loved this movie.. for some reason, my g/f who usually has tastes similar to mine hated it.. But I think its a true masterpice...

Reading through this thread though gave me huge laughs reading how people talked about "Passion o the Christ" like if it didnt suck lol.

I loved this movie charlie is one of my favorite writers, i've seen all his movies expect Human Nature which i'll be renting soon. This movie is one of my favorites

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I liked this one, but didn't feel the love.
The problem for me was that Jim Carrey's character was just such an "everyman" that he seemed a complete nebbisch to me. I can't understand why Clementine fell for him, because they showed us nothing in regards to what he liked or didn't, did with his time (aside from sketch people). The fact that I didn't connect with him kept me from caring whether he and Clementine hooked up again or not. He seemed like no great loss, to me.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
The problem for me was that Jim Carrey's character was just such an "everyman" that he seemed a complete nebbisch to me. I can't understand why Clementine fell for him, because they showed us nothing in regards to what he liked or didn't, did with his time (aside from sketch people). The fact that I didn't connect with him kept me from caring whether he and Clementine hooked up again or not. He seemed like no great loss, to me.
That's a good point. I wasn't nuts about Clementine, either, but it's not hard to imagine how that kind of impulsiveness could be attractive. Maybe that's why she likes him...he's the calm, cool head she can't be.

Either way, the real attraction of the movie was the last 15 minutes, I thought. Amazingly, I didn't see it coming at all, and was wholly unprepared for the paradoxical question the two characters are left with.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
I think this was done on purpose, the director wanted the audience to be focused on his love for her not so much the other way around. It does however make it tough to feel sympathy for either character. I think all the actors did an excellent job with one exception: Elija Wood, although it was not a bad peformance it seemed a bit awkward watching him in that role. He seemed a bit awkward playing it also. Maybe it is just me though. Overall a great movie.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Yoda~ agreed that the end was very cool. I didn't see it coming, either, in part because I did get caught up in the story and the hypotheticals involved, just not all that invested in their particular connection.

7thson~ I'm sure it was done on purpose. The lack of detail in his apartment took some planning, I'm sure. I felt weird about EW in that role, as well. I can understand playing counter to type, and he was super-heroic in LOTR of course, but this didn't seem quite organic. I wonder if he had scenes that were cut.

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I think the reason Clementine falls in love with Joel is because she expected he would react to her like every other man has in her life. The fact that he didn't, was challenging to her. He kept her real, for lack of a better phrase. I think it's obvious in this dialogue:
Clementine:Joel, I'm not a concept. Too many guys think I'm a concept or I complete them or I'm going to make them alive, but I'm just a ****ed up girl who is looking for my own peace of mind. Don't assign me yours.
Joel : I remember that speech really well.
Clementine : I had you pegged, didn't I?
Joel : You had the whole human race pegged.
Clementine : Probably.
Joel : I still thought you were going to save me. Even after that.

Also:
Clementine:Look, I'm sorry if I came off a little nutso, I'm not really.
Joel : That's okay, I didn't think you were.

I loved this film SO much. Warm fuzzies.

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Anytime sexy Cleopatra-type girl!