President Trump

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Not mine. I saw it on stalkbook

I can't believe I'm saying this, but it looks like Trump is actually making America great again. Just look at the progress made since the election:

1. Unprecedented levels of ongoing civic engagement.

2. Millions of Americans now know who their state and federal representatives are without having to google.

3. Millions of Americans are exercising more. They're holding signs and marching every week.

4. Alec Baldwin is great again. Everyone's forgotten he's kind of a jerk.

5. The Postal Service is enjoying the influx cash due to stamps purchased by millions of people for letter and postcard campaigns.

6. Likewise, the pharmaceutical industry is enjoying record growth in sales of anti-depressants.

7. Millions of Americans now know how to call their elected officials and know exactly what to say to be effective.

8. Footage of town hall meetings is now entertaining.

9. Tens of millions of people are now correctly spelling words like narcissist, fascist, misogynist, holocaust and cognitive dissonance.

10. Everyone knows more about the rise of Hitler than they did last year.

11. Everyone knows more about legislation, branches of power and how checks and balances work.

12. Marginalized groups are experiencing a surge in white allies.

13. White people in record numbers have just learned that racism is not dead. (See #6)

14. White people in record numbers also finally understand that Obamacare IS the Affordable Care Act.

15. Stephen Colbert's "Late Night" finally gained the elusive #1 spot in late night talk shows, and Seth Meyers is finding his footing as today's Jon Stewart.

16. "Mike Pence" has donated millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood since Nov. 9th.

17. Melissa FREAKING McCarthy.

18. Travel ban protesters put $24 million into ACLU coffers in just 48 hours, enabling them to hire 200 more attorneys. Lawyers are now heroes.

19. As people seek veracity in their news sources, respected news outlets are happily reporting a substantial increase in subscriptions, a boon to a struggling industry vital to our democracy.

20. Live streaming court cases and congressional sessions are now as popular as the Kardashians.

21. Massive cleanup of facebook friend lists.

22. People are reading classic literature again. Sales of George Orwell's "1984" increased by 10,000% after the inauguration. (Yes, that is true. 10,000%. 9th grade Lit teachers all over the country are now rock stars.)

23. More than ever before, Americans are aware that education is important. Like, super important.

24. Now, more than anytime in history, everyone believes that anyone can be President. Seriously, anyone.

What makes you so sure the world cares?

They excluded candidates before. There was no sexual assault. He did not say jack about him forcing himself on woman who don't want him. So what? Democrats need to get better instead of holding onto that number. Considering who they lost to, that number is irrelevant.
I started writing a massive reply but I can't even tell if you are just trolling or it's actually possible you believe that. I realise when you think 3 million extra votes are irrelevant (in my world 3 million of anything seems like a lot, which would be worth checking out the system) and it's not perverted to say that he walks into Miss USA pageant locker rooms while they are changing, tell the parents of a ten year old girl "in a few years I'll be dating her, can you believe it? and that every women that got kissed by his "magent lips" "that he doesn't even wait, he can't help himself" consented and every other BS. I would be wasting both of our time.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I started writing a massive reply but I can't even tell if you are just trolling or it's actually possible you believe that. I realise when you think 3 million extra votes are irrelevant (in my world 3 million of anything seems like a lot, which would be worth checking out the system) and it's not perverted to say that he walks into Miss USA pageant locker rooms while they are changing, tell the parents of a ten year old girl "in a few years I'll be dating her, can you believe it? and that every women that got kissed by his "magent lips" "that he doesn't even wait, he can't help himself" consented and every other BS. I would be wasting both of our time.

He is a c** knot (I hope it's OK to say that here about Commander marmalade). The entire world is talking about this circus. I don't remember this ridicule in the media and social media for any other leader other than Kim Jong Un. I've had American friends apologise to me for this clown. No need to apologise to me. I still think 'Murica is great but the#1 guy is a ********.

eta dork head

Welcome to the human race...
Trump would probably think Kurt Russell is the hero in Death Proof.
Try looking up the video where he explains why Citizen Kane is his favourite movie. It's...something.

Try looking up the video where he explains why Citizen Kane is his favourite movie. It's...something.

Dude. I think I need to find this. There goes my google search history!

Wouldn't it be something if the REAL Trump joined Movie Forums? I swear, if only someone had directed him here years ago, I think he'd still visit, even as President. Imagine him sending in a Top 25 Sci-Fi list, or even a Top MoFos list. I wonder what they would look like. What would he nominate for the Valentine's Day Song Tournament? Would he frequent the Shoutbox?

I think he would definitely frequent the shoutbox. We'd struggle to get him to be anywhere else on the boards.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
My boy Trump telling the corrupt western media to ****ing do one! For too long the press has had far too much power over Politicians, and now they have Trump basically telling them to **** off and he doesn't care. They really don't like it and are going bat **** crazy.

My boy Trump telling the corrupt western media to ****ing do one! For too long the press has had far too much power over Politicians, and now they have Trump basically telling them to **** off and he doesn't care. They really don't like it and are going bat **** crazy.
It's scary how people don't realize the free press keeps politicians in check and the public informed. Otherwise, you get corruption and lots of it. Or take a gander around the world and note the absence of a free press everywhere authoritarian governments rule. It's almost like you want to live in a fascist country.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Word post I've ever read.

Of course I understand the need for a free press to keep government in check, and I'm well aware of some of the terrible countries with censored/state sponsored media.

The press can become too powerful though, and the press has become too politically correct and leftist and they push that agenda all the time contrary to the way that the MAJORITY of people feel on certain issues. Also at times I feel that with 24 hour news nowadays there is a constant pressure on the media to have "News" when sometimes there isn't much happening, slow news days etc, so they effectively just spin up the littlest thing into big news.

Trump campaigned on actually doing things and to hell with the stupid lefties, that's what he is doing and he has support of the voters, as opposed to Obama who campaigned an a very vague "change" but then nothing happens.

Trump campaigned on actually doing things and to hell with the stupid lefties, that's what he is doing and he has support of the voters, as opposed to Obama who campaigned an a very vague "change" but then nothing happens.
I think I'm mostly on your side about the press. Their power can be just as harmful as the politicians. For example I think they have about half the country thinking Trump is outlawing mammograms and building concentration camps right now.

I want to push back on the Obama comment a bit though. If he did nothing what the hell is the right up in arms about, and what "mess" did Trump inherit.

Of course I understand the need for a free press to keep government in check, and I'm well aware of some of the terrible countries with censored/state sponsored media.

The press can become too powerful though, and the press has become too politically correct and leftist and they push that agenda all the time contrary to the way that the MAJORITY of people feel on certain issues. Also at times I feel that with 24 hour news nowadays there is a constant pressure on the media to have "News" when sometimes there isn't much happening, slow news days etc, so they effectively just spin up the littlest thing into big news.
That would be more compelling if he actually just called them on their (many) misdeeds and failures. Instead, he complains about any negative coverage, even when it's completely fair and accurate. So he's not doing this because they're unfair, or too powerful: he's doing it out of pure self-interest.

If you hate the media for being biased and misleading people, you should kinda hate Trump too, because he does exactly the same thing. And call me crazy, but I don't think you fight dishonesty with more dishonesty.

Word post I've ever read.
Word!

Trump said the media was the opposition party, his enemy, and later the enemy of the American people, and you're right there cheering him on from the sidelines. That's not a nuanced critique of the media, that's an attempt to delegitimize it. When you say, "Of course I understand the need for a free press" you don't sound very convincing.

And for the record, Trump doesn't have the support of even the voters, let alone the American people. He lost the popular vote against the worse possible candidate the Democratic party could have put up against him and his approval ratings are historically low. Even Fox's polls show that.

But hey, if you want to live in a fantasy world, unencumbered by facts, reality, or any opposition, so be it. But the free press isn't going to roll over for you, or for Trump.

But hey, if you want to live in a fantasy world, unencumbered by facts, reality, or any opposition, so be it
He's not alone there. That's the world today.

Seems to me the mistake here is the same one people made during the campaign: if I hate X, then the enemy of X is my friend. But that's not how it works. The media being bad doesn't mean literally anyone laying into the media is good. Just like not being Hillary Clinton doesn't magically transform you into an acceptable candidate.

Here's a thought: have actual principles about what's good and bad, and why. Consider them seriously. Then, judge people against them. Thus, if lying is bad, it's bad when the media does it, and it's bad when Trump does it, and you can hold those two views simultaneously, rather than just deciding which you hate more and then looking the other way on everything else.

Seems to me the mistake here is the same one people made during the campaign: if I hate X, then the enemy of X is my friend. But that's not how it works. The media being bad doesn't mean literally anyone laying into the media is good. Just like not being Hillary Clinton doesn't magically transform you into an acceptable candidate.

Here's a thought: have actual principles about what's good and bad, and why. Consider them seriously. Then, judge people against them. Thus, if lying is bad, it's bad when the media does it, and it's bad when Trump does it, and you can hold those two views simultaneously, rather than just deciding which you hate more and then looking the other way on everything else.
Was about to comment but mine would've just been this except put across much more awkwardly/nonsensically haha.