Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Dirty Grandpa (2016)
-

I'm not even searching for an image for this.

Only about 40 minutes of this comedy was what I expected and what I wanted it to be. The rest was complete shite.

Drive Angry (2011)
+

Glad I didn't overlook this cheesefest. From the very beginning, I was expecting Everlast's "White Trash Beautiful" to be part of the soundtrack. The movie is white trash beautiful, with a mix of demons and CGI. It is actually better than the Ghost Rider movies, mainly because it does not take itself so seriously. Special thanks to @cricket ('s) top 100 for helping to prioritize this watch. Cheers!

Brooklyn (2015)

She should have chosen Domnhall Gleeson.

Legend in my own mind

Good fun if quite repetitive.

Thanks to @Gideon58 for bringing this to my attention a while back.

The Chumscrubber (2005)
-

That's a cast and a half. Good soundtrack. Interesting film. Great acting. Very original. Can't ask for more.

Thanks to @Gideon58 for bringing this to my attention a while back.

The Chumscrubber (2005)
-

That's a cast and a half. Good soundtrack. Interesting film. Great acting. Very original. Can't ask for more.
Take the "h" out of Chumscrubber and you'd have a completely different kind of movie.

Binged all the new DVDs I bought. Been a while since I've added to my collection.

Alien (1979)

I'll probably get around to rewatching the others as Alien Covenant gets closer to release. I finally got this film on DVD and as with all my DVD purchases I usually always watch them when I get back to the house. Its been years since I watched this last. Classic example of how you do Sci-Fi & Horror. To be honest I never found this film to be that scary but the suspense and atmosphere is what I always loved the most about it. Back when I made my top 50 films list I accidentally left this off which was a shame because it would of been up towards the top of my list. Before the AVP films came out I was hoping they'd have the same vibe of this film but alas we can't get everything we want. Also seeing John Hurt in this film brought up some feels it hasn't even been a month since he passed away.

Star Trek (2009)

A lot of Trekkies hate it, but I love it. This is how you reboot a dying franchise. If people even considered this a reboot. Its more like a sequel-reboot hybrid. I was never a fan of the old Star Treks I'll admit, always thought they were really cheesy and I just couldn't get into them even though I loved the franchises' focus on social commentary. (save the whales! lol) JJ Abrams got me into them. Good remakes & reboots are rare and when good ones come along I love to highlight them.

Star Trek: Into the Darkness (2013)

Yes, I like this one more than the first one. One big reason is because I liked the villain of this one much more even though I thought Eric Bana's Nero was a solid villain in the first movie, but by now you guys all know me and know Bendydick Cucumberpatch is one of my favorite actors out there right now and I thought he killed it as
WARNING: "Worst kept spoiler of all time" spoilers below
Khan. Yes Trekkies were even more pissed with this film because they whitewashed Khan but tbh his race doesn't really change the character imo. He'd still be the same if they would of gotten an Indian actor to play him. Honestly, I think the studio was afraid to make the main villain who is a genocidal maniac an Indian. I would of been fine with it but Benedict Cumberbatch killed the role in my opinion and I really hope they bring him back to play the character again in a later sequel which they have set up since they left him alive.

I'm about to rewatch Sicario.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Tout Va Bien - 7/10

More style than substance. Annoying liberalism. Not one character is likable. A lot of regurgitated left-of-center stuff thrown in to draw in fans. The movie has no heart - just like every other Godard picture I've seen. Bratty.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
To AdamUp, solid three rewatches! Big fan of Alien and I'm an old school Trekkie and thoroughly enjoyed the new Star Treks, including Cumberbatch's Kahn. Even liked the silliness of the third; Beyond which does tap in the more nonsensical tv shows of the original series.

For me,
after having a fun discussion about The Three Musketeers with clazor, his favorite being the Disney version, it got me very much in the mood to watch my favorite version:

(COUNTLESS REWATCHES) The Three Musketeers (1973)
With an iconic cast of the time: Oliver Reed, Richard Chamberlain, Michael York, Christopher Lee, Charlton Heston, Faye Dunaway and Raquel Welch; for me, this movie delivers swashbuckling adventure with comedic aplomb and style. While this is a first part to a two part film (the second being Four Musketeers since while filming the director realized that he could do a huge 4 hour plus film or just make two - and so he did) it easily stands alone.
Utter and complete fun. Love this movie. Love it, love it, love it!!

Violet & Daisy (2011)
+

A Boondock Saints style film. If you like Ronan and Gandolfini, it might be worth your time. Loved the joke, the internal bleeding dance and the lollipop. Includes a bit part for Trejo, plus, I recognized Jean-Baptiste and Bledel wasn't terrible in a bad-girl-with-bangs role.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	lollipop.png
Views:	551
Size:	286.1 KB
ID:	28900  

Cube - 8.5 / 10 - Even though I watched it in french.
Cube is awesome, so freaking frustrating

Welcome to the human race...

Star Trek: Into the Darkness (2013)

Yes, I like this one more than the first one. One big reason is because I liked the villain of this one much more even though I thought Eric Bana's Nero was a solid villain in the first movie, but by now you guys all know me and know Bendydick Cucumberpatch is one of my favorite actors out there right now and I thought he killed it as
WARNING: "Worst kept spoiler of all time" spoilers below
Khan. Yes Trekkies were even more pissed with this film because they whitewashed Khan but tbh his race doesn't really change the character imo. He'd still be the same if they would of gotten an Indian actor to play him. Honestly, I think the studio was afraid to make the main villain who is a genocidal maniac an Indian. I would of been fine with it but Benedict Cumberbatch killed the role in my opinion and I really hope they bring him back to play the character again in a later sequel which they have set up since they left him alive.
Or...

WARNING: "Into Darkness" spoilers below
they could have avoided all this by not doing a movie about Khan in the first place.

Last movie I watched...

Le gai savoir -

Art.

Or...

WARNING: "Into Darkness" spoilers below
they could have avoided all this by not doing a movie about Khan in the first place.

Last movie I watched...

Le gai savoir -

Art.
I can't really argue there. All I can say is I'm glad they did.

Rams (2015) by Grímur Hákonarson

As with many films from Iceland this is also about the landscape and loneliness...but if one is willing to stay with it till the end, it might be rewarding...

8 out of 10

Youth (2015) by Paolo Sorrentino

May be a bit shallow at times, but visually intriguing (like any other Sorrentino I've seen)...no way near The Great Beauty...but still...

7 out of 10

“I was cured, all right!”

Like The Raid 2 and Terminator 2
This is one of the best sequels EVER! EVER!!!!
Oh my God! Hollywood should take notes. This is how to do an action movie! I'll go and watch again tomorrow!!

Leatherheads (2008)

Simple, straight-forward movie about pro football in the mid-1920's that eventually gets turned into the NFL, (National Football League in America for those outside of the U.S.). The players wore leather helmets, hence the title, and basically had few rules as compared to now. As the movie portrays it, College Football is huge while the pros are looked down upon as sub-par. Clooney is Dodge Connelly, the pro hero of a Minnesota team that decides he wants the nation's star College hero Carter Rutherford, (John Krasinski) who draws in crowds by the thousands, to play on his team. He finagles his way into Rutherford and his manager's life and by-hook-or-crook, gets him for his team. This is a fun, sentimental rom-com, with Renée Zellweger looking smoking and doing a great job as a tough reporter trying to get her big break while falling for one of our heroes. Jonathan Pryce is also fine as Krasinski's agent. Humor-filled and light-hearted.

In the Heat of the Night (1967) (re-watch)

Super film about Virgil Tibbs (Sidney Poitier) as a detective from Philadelphia who makes a stopover in a small Georgia town where a murder has just occurred. Because he's black and this is the 60's, he's immediately arrested. He is brought before the bigoted Chief Gillespie (Rod Steiger), who at first treats him coldly, then learns he's a detective and has the charges dropped. One thing after another happens, as a justifiably angered Poitier is ordered by his chief to help Steiger deal with the case. They clash for the rest of the picture, chewing up the screen in super performances. Steiger won Best Actor for his portrayal of the angry Chief who soon learns to respect Poitier. It blows my mind, that although Steiger deserved his Oscar, that Poitier wasn't even nominated. The 60's were a bit schizo like this. Poitier won for Lilies of the Field earlier in the decade, but he gives a much stronger performance here. Steiger is awesome here but probably deserved his Oscar for The Pawnbroker a few years earlier. Anyway, this is a great murder-mystery-social-commentary-drama that works on all levels. A classic in my book.

Unregistered User
Right. Well I just watched it. It's just exasperating isn't it. And it takes a documentary like this for us to know about just 1 case. The treatment of women in some places on earth is utterly shocking. Until there is widespread revolution in their lawmaking it will not change unfortunately.

Alot of it is to do with religion but I feel it is also used as an excuse for brutality against women.

Extremely sad documentary. What an absolutely stain of a human being the father is, yet he is seen as a pillar of the community due to his actions? Very strange world we live in.

Agreed. It certainly doesn't make for comfortable viewing. For such a short running length its a hugely powerful documentary.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Youth (2015) by Paolo Sorrentino

May be a bit shallow at times, but visually intriguing (like any other Sorrentino I've seen)...no way near The Great Beauty...but still...

7 out of 10

I haven't seen this film, but I have seen the scene depicted in the poster. I give this scene a 10/10

Suspect's Reviews