The 2017 Oscar Picks Pool is Open

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Man, this is just a great year. La La Land and Manchester by the Sea are.going to be absolute favorites of mine for years to come.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
This looks like it would be fun. There is only one problem, I haven't seen a single one of these movies. Wow! Not even the $50 Cineplex gift card I have sitting here since Christmas, can motivate me to see any of these in the theatre. Hell or High Water I can wait for. I may see Fences at some point in time. That Andrew Garfield double feature is a bit much, but, I'll eventually watch because of Neeson and Gibson. That's it for me, very little interest and no urgency.

The Picks Pool is more about guessing right than picking favorites, so that's not a big problem. Just a fun little way to add some competition to the live chat.

Anyway, still a month until the ceremony, and people can make or update their picks any time between now and then.

Done and dusted - completely blind as per
Anything above last is a bonus

First thing I looked for was to see if The Witch got costume design or set design. It didn't. This is why the Oscars suck.

Bump! Got a good number of picks in already, but I'll be bump-de-bumpin' this thread a lot over the next few weeks. And there'll be lots of annoying header notifications and stuff, too, so just give in now and you won't have to see most of it.

Master of My Domain
Ugh leave me alone ya green toad.

NEVER. In fact, next week we're going to have a giant reminder on the header of every page. Just give in now and you won't even have to look at it. It's just the easiest way.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Ugh leave me alone ya green toad.
Funny! Since I got to know him a bit, I keep thinking that Data would be a better avatar choice.

@Yoda
Cool new feature. Good for mass spamming.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."