User Tagging

Tools    

Cobpyth is looking at "Modifying Options." He's turning this crap off, too.
I'm not that popular as you are, so I'm not getting annoyed by it as much.
I think it's an extremely useful feature if people use it in the way it's meant to be used.

I will bet literally anything you want against this happening.
I know you would. That's all this forum is nowadays. Las Vegas. Games, games and more games.

Master of My Domain
I do hope everyone doesn't start turning it off now. I won't abuse it, the Miss Vicky stuff has been just joking around as we get used to it first and i wouldn't have even done that if it wasn't for SC's thread. It is very useful and like Yoda i fail to see why anyone could have a problem with it at least this early on before we know how everyone is going to use it.
Exactly, people abusing it just new toy syndrome and in the end it will become a great aspect MoFo. I don't get how user tagging turns this place into 'social media'.

Master of My Domain
What even is half the forum? How many active users are there?
About 5, if you include SC's alt accounts.

God, it's so nice not having to worry about those mentions anymore. I literally feel like I can breathe again. My asthma is gone.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Exactly, people abusing it just new toy syndrome and in the end it will become a great aspect MoFo. I don't get how user tagging turns this place into 'social media'.
Agreed.

The mentions portion of this feature, I can take or leave.

The quotes portion of this feature feels like it's about 10+ years overdue.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I think it's an extremely useful feature if people use it in the way it's meant to be used.
More work for the Mods.

Quick, delete @SexyCelebrity ('s) game, before @Dani8 gets any more ideas.

When you both quote and mention me it comes up as two mentions in the notifications, but then comes up as one on the mentions page. Fascinating. Thanks SC.
It's TOO MUCH.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Okay, @Yoda. I have suppressed myself.
That'll be the day...when hell snowsover.

What exactly are you trying to convince me of? I said you'll be able to opt-out. In fact, I literally stopped working on that option to type this post.

You will be able to opt out. Maybe in, like, ten minutes. Therefore, there will be no problem. The hellscape that is finding out promptly when someone's replied to you will be no more.
That's a shame. I hadn't quite finished annoying him for annoying everyone else.

I like it. My friend who owns the big dog forum recently installed it as well. I only drop in there now every once in a while so good to see the notifications from threads I've posted in weeks back. Really good for the casual poster, and really good for newbs still figuring out the navigation of a new site.

Please disable SC's disable so I can dog pile him in retaliation a bit more, yods.

Nahhh just kidding.I actually like him when he's not being a whiney rabid chihuahua.

I didn't want to put you through the agony of these notifications any longer than I had to. You're free! Freeeee!
Smack Down!!! Woooooo. I likey.

The Quotation notification is very useful for me. I've seen people reply to me that otherwise I wouldn't have seen. I like this feature

One little quirk is that if someone quotes you AND tags you, it'll say you have two mentions but it'll only display one on the Mentions page. That's a pretty minor issue, but I might try to fix it anyway.
FYI, I think I've fixed this. It'll now combine the quote/mention combo into one box, and it should also combine them for the purposes of counting notifications and mentions and all that.

Only quirk is that you'll have fewer than 20 items per page on the Your Mentions page, since they still count towards the total used to make the page navigation links, though I doubt that matters to anyone. If I feel pedantic enough I might take a look at that, too, but I think that would be the point of diminishing returns in terms of effort-to-benefit ratio.

FYI, I think I've fixed this. It'll now combine the quote/mention combo into one box, and it should also combine them for the purposes of counting notifications and mentions and all that.

Only quirk is that you'll have fewer than 20 items per page on the Your Mentions page, since they still count towards the total used to make the page navigation links, though I doubt that matters to anyone. If I feel pedantic enough I might take a look at that, too, but I think that would be the point of diminishing returns in terms of effort-to-benefit ratio.

@Yoda Just checking...