Tremors 6

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Production has begun on the straight to DVD/Blu-Ray sixth film of the Tremors series, bringing back Michael Gross and Jamie Kennedy as father-son duo Bart and Travis, in South Africa:

Plot:
Burt Gummer (Michael Gross) and his son Travis Welker (Jamie Kennedy) find themselves up to their ears in Graboids and Ass-Blasters when they head to Canada to investigate a series of deadly giant-worm attacks. Arriving at a remote research facility in the artic tundra, Burt begins to suspect that Graboids are secretly being weaponized, but before he can prove his theory, he is sidelined by Graboid venom. With just 48 hours to live, the only hope is to create an antidote from fresh venom — but to do that, someone will have to figure out how to milk a Graboid!

That plot synopsis....

This series lost its luster after Tremors 2, I didn't even really like 2 all that much but it was much better than the 3 other sequels. Bloodlines was really bad. Never thought I would want a bigger studio to take and reboot this series but please......anything besides another straight to DVD with ****** special effects this series does not deserved this. They need to take this series back to its roots, its really the only way to save it. Give it to Blumhouse or something.

Same thing happened to Starship Troopers, 2 garbage straight to DVD sequels and now they are looking to remake it, probably following the book this time around.

They shoulda stopped at 1 film.

The first movie was brilliant. Even Gross, who is an abysmal actor, was solid throughout the first film... then turned into a cartoon parody in part 2+.
Tremors 2-5 are garbage. I cannot believe people are still buying them.

Addition... they should get Ron Underwood back on board.
He was able to get the best out of the actors.

Parts 2-4 were all directed by the original film's writers.
Exactly. Writers... not directors... and look what happens when gash actors are directed by non-directors.

Tremors 5 was directed by Don "Mr Sequels" Michael Paul, the guy behind crap like Jarhead 2, Lake Placid 4 and Dolph Lundgren's craptastic Kindergarten Cop 2.

I think this is a movie that has seriously outstayed its welcome but I guess they believe that they can produce a movie cheap enough for it to make a profit on the DVD market. Loved the original though