President Trump

Tools    

Just saying, there is a news that is quite huge here in Quebec now, a student at university that lives here, but is originally from morocco couldn't go to a track and field competition in Boston because he looks like an arab. All his teammates were able to go to the competition, he couldn't.

I don't know if we can correlate it to Trump's muslim ban, but I find this to be really troubling.

Addendum: I think it's a big red flag when people seem to need to believe the majority of people are with them, as if the validity of an idea hinges on that. What's that got to do with truth? What's that got to do with which policies are wise? Not too long ago, these liberals you're talking about could've pointed to far clearer, less ambiguous public support for many things. Did that mean anything then?

I have a pretty healthy distrust of any argument that's more interested in triumphalism, or simply saying it's going to prevail, than it is in telling me why it's actually a good idea.

Trump's mistake was deciding to do a travel ban at all. Pulling a major stunt like that in the first couple of weeks of his presidency was embarrassing, as it made our country look bad, made the American people already distrust him, showed him to be a narrow-minded crybaby when it didn't work out, and it proved that he doesn't understand how to be reasonable or smart about his decisions.

Welcome to the human race...
Trump supporters are the new counter-culture, that's happened
They certainly like to counter culture, alright.

Trump supporters are the new counter-culture, that's happened
And just like the last one, it seems to define itself more by what it's not than any coherent set of principles.

He is speaking for the people. Don't believe the loudness happening, Trump supporters are the majority, sotting at home happy that his legislation is getting slammed down everyone's throats. Trump supporters are the new counter culture. These ideas seem directly in opposition of each other.

I don't think Trump supporters know what they are. Like him, they are making it up as they go along. They do all seem to have one goal they can agree on, don't let this become a country of brown people.

Bring on more gifs of Vader and Bane. That will give me confidence he is not the thin skinned dictator he appears to be.

Let me start a "fragile" list of MoFos, so I know and remember for next time.

Some problems you just can't fix by assigning blame.
Yeah youre a real tough guy

Sure, I'll stop posting articles. I'll just read TONGO's articles. That'll be the easiest for me. It is your forum, boss. Good talk.
aw jeez! Legitimate sources MM! Not Heavy.com or Entertainment Weekly!! What youre doing is hitting search on the internet and posting anything that will agree with you. If you tried legitimate sources instead, you could "converse" more successfully

Trump: Border wall price ‘will come WAY DOWN’ when I negotiate

President Trump on Saturday responded to reports that the cost of his proposed border wall is much higher than expected, insisting that it will be much cheaper after he gets involved in negotiations.

"I am reading that the great border WALL will cost more than the government originally thought, but I have not gotten involved in the ... design or negotiations yet. When I do, just like with the F-35 FighterJet or the Air Force One Program, price will come WAY DOWN!" Trump wrote in a series of tweets.

Reuters on Thursday reported that the planned wall along the U.S.-Mexico border would cost as much as $21.6 billion – nearly double the $12 billion price tag that Trump has claimed in the past.

The wall would actually be a series of fences and walls covering more than 1,250 miles by the end of 2020, the report said, citing internal Homeland Security Department figures.

Trump made his border wall proposal a lynchpin of his campaign, promising that Mexico will pay for it. Mexican leaders have repeatedly said they refuse to.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...F0n?li=BBnb7Kz

I like the idea of The Donald packing his Cabinet with Billionaires!

But that's OK...I'm so conservative that I make William F. Buckley look like a Hippie!

HAL

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Reuters on Thursday reported that the planned wall along the U.S.-Mexico border would cost as much as $21.6 billion – nearly double the $12 billion price tag that Trump has claimed in the past.
]
compare that to the ladder the people on the other side are building. Wont cost much at all.

It's a border free world, peeps. If people want to move across these man made lines in the sand, they will find a way.

Trump seeks to break DC bubble

President Trump is trying to fight the confines of the presidential bubble.

Less than a month after taking office, Trump, a man who loathes boredom and has a penchant for doing things his way, is trying his best to keep things the way they were before he won the presidency.

He tweets what's on his mind. He has refused to give up his unsecured Android phone. And he flies to the warmth of his Florida home Mar-a-Lago on the weekends - just like old times.

Presidents and first families often bristle as they feel the White House walls closing in on them under a constant media spotlight and vast security detail.

Trump, arguably even more than his predecessors, has had difficulty giving up his past life.

Friends note that the billionaire already had a luxurious penthouse in the world famous skyscraper that carries his name. He has a nicer plane than Air Force One. And he even owns his own $7 million chopper.

After Trump was elected, Christopher Ruddy, the CEO of Newsmax media and a friend of the president's who speaks to him often, heard through the grapevine that Trump wouldn't return to Mar-a-Lago until Easter.

That didn't turn out to be true - which was no surprise to Ruddy.

"I thought, 'Yeah right,'" Ruddy said in an interview. "He's not going to like Washington... He's not a Washington guy."

Trump left Washington Friday to head to Mar-a-Lago with a new friend - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

It's the second weekend in a row that Trump will spend at his Florida residence.

In the winter, Ruddy said Trump prefers to be in Florida, where it is warm, where he has plenty of friends, and where he can play golf to unwind.

"He's been going [to Mar-a-Lago] for almost 30 years," Ruddy said. "It's just part of his life."

Ivanka Trump and her husband Jared Kushner have relocated to Washington, D.C. to be close to the president. His wife Melania has stayed in New York, where the couple's young son is in school.

Sources predict Trump will be reluctant to change his life to fit into the White House perimeters.

"Washington thinks the presidency is going to change him and I'm telling you the presidency is going to be changed by him," one Trump associate, familiar with the president's thinking said. "He doesn't know or care to know how Washington thinks is the proper way to do things."

The associate said while Trump has a fondness for the history of the White House, he ultimately sees it "as a place to work. Not so much a place to live."

"It's the world's nicest prison," the associate said. "It's all-confining."

Twitter is one way for the president to connect to the outside world.

Each day Trump types out 140-character, free-wheeling missives on everything from his immigration ban, to his daughter's severed ties with Nordstrom to the ratings for "Celebrity Apprentice."

The tweets have caused problems for the president.

On Thursday, after Trump tweeted that Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) had misrepresented what Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch had told him in a meeting, it put him at odds with White House staffers who were in the room with him.

"Someone needs to tell him that all these extemporaneous comments are probably not in the best interest of his larger message," one Republican consultant said. "He can't just say whatever is on his mind. It's pushing the limits too much."

Sometimes the tweets are revealing.

Trump's tweets often reflect his penchant for watching cable news. A story will appear on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," and minutes later there will be a Trump tweet.

Jeffrey Lord, a Trump supporter who also served in the Reagan White House, suspects the president won't change much of the way he's doing business because he thinks it's working for him.

In fact, he suspects Trump may begin doing more rallies, a throwback to the campaign and another means of breaking loose of Washington.

"This is his way of staying in touch with the real world and his way of dealing with [the bubble]," Lord said. "This bubble business is a hard thing to deal with when you're president so you make a conscious effort to make it not ruin your life."

Ruddy himself wondered how his friend with no political experience or friends in Washington would adjust to life in the White House.

But last week, while chatting with Melania while the Trumps were in town for the weekend, the first lady told him that Trump "really loves the place."

"He's going to break the bubble," Ruddy says. "He's going to burst it."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...G5g?li=BBnb7Kz

I'd say almost all of the comedy about Trump and his presidency has been terrible/ineffective so far.

Then again, I've always been a fan of humor that's more subtle, smart or absurd in nature.

He is speaking for the people. Don't believe the loudness happening, Trump supporters are the majority, sotting at home happy that his legislation is getting slammed down everyone's throats. Trump supporters are the new counter culture. These ideas seem directly in opposition of each other.
So if Trump supporters are purely the majority in the country, does that mean the whole liberal talking point of President Trump not winning the popular vote is totally false?

I don't think Trump supporters know what they are. Like him, they are making it up as they go along. They do all seem to have one goal they can agree on, don't let this become a country of brown people.
And just like the last one, it seems to define itself more by what it's not than any coherent set of principles.
I see Trump supporters as people who know the world is messed up and they don't see anyone stepping up to the plate to actually change it, other than Donald Trump.

Bring on more gifs of Vader and Bane. That will give me confidence he is not the thin skinned dictator he appears to be.
Vader turned out good in the end though, right?

Welcome to the human race...
So if Trump supporters are purely the majority in the country, does that mean the whole liberal talking point of President Trump not winning the popular vote is totally false?
It also means that the talking point of conservatives being the new counter-culture is totally false.

I see Trump supporters as people who know the world is messed up and they don't see anyone stepping up to the plate to actually change it, other than Donald Trump.
I guess "making things even more messed up" technically counts as change.

Vader turned out good in the end though, right?
In the end? Nothing ever ends.