Mom

Tools    

A new sitcom starring Anna Faris from the SCARY MOVIE franchise as a single working mother trying to deal with raising her own teenage daughter and dealing with her recently sobered up mother played by Emmy winner Allison Janney. Janney is golden but I don't know if she's enough to make this show go.

Thought I would check in here and let you know that this show has become one of my favorites and not just because of Allison Janney...there's some really solid writing going on here.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I love "Mom", and Allison Janney is just one reason why.

The only thing that really bothers me is that they wrote Kevin Pollak out of the show. I thought that he was a great addition to the show.

I love "Mom", and Allison Janney is just one reason why.

The only thing that really bothers me is that they wrote Kevin Pollak out of the show. I thought that he was a great addition to the show.
I miss Kevin Pollak too...I really liked the way he and Bonnie were re-working their relationship from scratch and I liked watching Christy liking her parents getting back together.

Just watched season 4 episode 8 and this is still one of the best sitcoms on the network right now...the writing has flashes of brilliance, Allison Janney kills it on a weekly basis and William Fichtner has been a fantastic addition to the show as Janney's new wheelchair-bound boyfriend. Also LOVE Jaime Pressly as the self-absorbed Jill.

Episode 11 had me on the floor...mostly due to the guest appearance of Chris Pratt, former star of Parks and Recreation and real life husband of this show's star, Anna Farris...it was nice to see off screen chemistry that is just as strong onscreen.

I laughed til I cried through episode 12, even though it was a little hard to believe these ladies didn't realize they were under the influence, it was still funny as hell.

I laughed til I cried through episode 12, even though it was a little hard to believe these ladies didn't realize they were under the influence, it was still funny as hell.

This episode was hysterical. I loved when they were playing in the park, and Bonnie got up to talk to Adam, and she told them to "Hold my horse", and they tried to actually do it.

I was starting to get a bit bored with Bonnie's boyfriend Adam, but this episode turned that around and made me like him again.

This episode was hysterical. I loved when they were playing in the park, and Bonnie got up to talk to Adam, and she told them to "Hold my horse", and they tried to actually do it.

I was starting to get a bit bored with Bonnie's boyfriend Adam, but this episode turned that around and made me like him again.
LOVE William Fichtner as Bonnie's boyfriend...actually, I've been a big fan of the actor LONG before he came to Mom.

LOVE William Fichtner as Bonnie's boyfriend...actually, I've been a big fan of the actor LONG before he came to Mom.

I don't think I even knew who William Fichtner was before he was on "Mom", but he looks familiar, so I probably saw him in something that didn't leave much of an impact on me.

I don't think I even knew who William Fichtner was before he was on "Mom", but he looks familiar, so I probably saw him in something that didn't leave much of an impact on me.
You need to check Fichtner's IMDB page...the man has a pretty impressive resume, even if most of it is supporting roles. I first noticed the guy when he played Josh Snyder, Luly's biological father on As the World Turns.

Just watched ep 13 and I'm not happy...please don't break up Bonnie and Adam. Actually, now that I think about it it was inevitable with Bonnie trying to stay sober and Adam still drinking.

Just watched ep 13 and I'm not happy...please don't break up Bonnie and Adam. Actually, now that I think about it it was inevitable with Bonnie trying to stay sober and Adam still drinking.

I like Bonnie and Adam as a couple, but I also like this new guy that she met. I'm kind of on the fence as to who she should date. Maybe Adam will miss Bonnie so much that he'll decide to stop drinking and join their group.

A new sitcom starring Anna Faris from the SCARY MOVIE franchise as a single working mother trying to deal with raising her own teenage daughter and dealing with her recently sobered up mother played by Emmy winner Allison Janney. Janney is golden but I don't know if she's enough to make this show go.
Mom is a great show, I was turned on to it ironically enough by my Mother.. we share similar senses of humor and whenever we talk we rehash best of moments from the episodes,, one of my favorites still has to be Janey hurdling over bushes running from the cops

That would be awesome if Adam decided to get sober, though not terribly realistic.

Their relationship won't work if he doesn't change. It's bad enough that he drinks while she's trying to stay sober, but he drinks IN FRONT OF HER, and he doesn't just drink 1 or 2 drinks. He drinks until he gets drunk, and that's very insensitive of him.

As much as I like Adam, he's bad for Bonnie. She needs someone better in her life. Someone who will help her stay sober, not be a temptation to her past problems. Adam just isn't the right guy for her.

Mom is a great show, I was turned on to it ironically enough by my Mother.. we share similar senses of humor and whenever we talk we rehash best of moments from the episodes,, one of my favorites still has to be Janey hurdling over bushes running from the cops

It's nice that you can watch this show, (or any shows), with your mother. My Mom and I don't talk about this show, but she got me into "Star Trek" when I was younger, and now we talk about shows like "The Big Bang Theory", "Grimm" and "Arrow".

I like Bonnie and Adam as a couple, but I also like this new guy that she met. I'm kind of on the fence as to who she should date. Maybe Adam will miss Bonnie so much that he'll decide to stop drinking and join their group.
I have to confess I liked the new guy too, but I don't want to see William Fichtner go either...maybe a story where Bonnie continues to see the new guy on the side might motivate Adam to get sober because as much as Bonnie cares about Adam, at some point, he is going to seriously jeopardize her sobriety, in a much worse manner than the marijuana cookies, which were an accident. I don't want to see Bonnie force Adam to get sober because if she tries to get him sober, he will get her drunk first and I'm pretty sure that Bonnie is in a point in her sobriety that she will not risk it for Adam and that might motivate Adam to try and get sober.

It's nice that you can watch this show, (or any shows), with your mother. My Mom and I don't talk about this show, but she got me into "Star Trek" when I was younger, and now we talk about shows like "The Big Bang Theory", "Grimm" and "Arrow".
We don't watch them together but we share show ideas back and forth since we seem to enjoy the same things, she turned me on to early 2 1/2 men.. (Starting to think she's just a Chuck Lorre fan with the exception of not getting all the pop cultural references in TBBT)