New Individual Movie Pages

Tools    

Will it be possible to see all movies a member has seen if he wished to mark all of them as seen? Or otherwise, what is the purpose of "seen" mark?
Yup, that'll be coming soon, too. I want to amass a bit more data first, though, because once we have a bit saved up we can do a lot of cool things. Maybe similarity comparisons to find users with similar tastes, and things like that.

This is far better than the clubs, which is just silliness. At least until it stops being only directors.

That's fair, though I did say I thought of Clubs as essentially a beta test. In the past, I've waited a long time to launch new features until I thought they were basically perfect, but I decided this time, since the feature in question could go in a lot of different directions, it'd be better to launch it in a nascent form and get feedback first. But I totally agree that it needs to grow and change: I just want to involve you guys more directly in that one.

Anyway, thanks for the response so far. I'll try to add search relatively soon, and I'll probably lay some of the groundwork for a giant Seen log, so it can launch quickly once we have a bit more data.

So, this is something I've wanted to do forever, and with the release of Clubs, its release was imminent. Clubs meant filmographies for each director, which meant letting people check individual films off of those even if they weren't on Lists, and the ability to mark any film seen was one of the hurdles to: individual movie pages.

They look like this:

12 Angry Men

At the moment, it's mostly just putting a bunch of existing stuff in one place: reviews of the film, anyone who's favorited it, links to a quiz (if there is one), and it adds some basic information like cast & crew, runtime, and release date.

Before long, I'd like to add the lists it's on (once that section has been expanded, since that doesn't apply to too many films yet), as well as things like box office information. And I'll probably try to add a search of this section pretty quickly, too.

And, of course, if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

EDIT: just want to note, in case anyone was going to suggest this, that letting people rate the films is pretty high on the list. Just one of those things I want to be really smooth, quick, and easy/intuitive, like the Mark Seen button, before I make it available.
Looks great.....can't wait to see the Showgirls, Basket Case and War of the Gargantuas ones.....

Yup, that'll be coming soon, too. I want to amass a bit more data first, though, because once we have a bit saved up we can do a lot of cool things. Maybe similarity comparisons to find users with similar tastes, and things like that.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Here ya' go.

"No users have added this film to their favorites."

You don't say.

LOL. OK that's all I need to know. Wont be watching. Spanky Thanky for those ratings.

Great, master Yoda.

That feature (being able to search and read for each individual movie) is one of the most important for me on a movie board. It gives me... freedom

Great, master Yoda.

That feature (being able to search and read for each individual movie) is one of the most important for me on a movie board. It gives me... freedom
I'll get right on it! In the meantime, you can find Reviews of each film already with the search/filter on the bottom left of the Reviews page.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Well done. That will come in handy.

This was something I was thinking about the other day when it came to people's top 10 favourites on profiles, where you can see who has what favourited.
This looks like a neat addition to MoFo

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Also... I love how the quizzes are integrated into the "Related" link at the top right
A quick question though, how do we access the Movie search feature? I thought it would be visible in the top row

Marking a movie as "Seen" ... how can you see your own and others' lists?

A quick question though, how do we access the Movie search feature? I thought it would be visible in the top row
I'll have to think a bit more about how to integrate it into the navigation. For now, though, I can probably put a breadcrumb-style link near the top of each individual movie page, so that ending up on any will let you get back there.

Might look into a more "portable" search menu from each page itself, too...hmmm...

I guess that'll be a "coming soon" function like a link for the Clubs Page.

Here's a reminder for people:

Individual Movies Page: http://www.movieforums.com/movies

Clubs: http://www.movieforums.com/clubs

In the meantime, I've saved most of MoFo's functions in my favourites tab at the top of my browser.

Marking a movie as "Seen" ... how can you see your own and others' lists?
Nothing on this yet, but once we've collected a bit more data, there'll be a page where you can see everything marked this way. Hopefully with search/sort/other cool stuff.

I guess that'll be a "coming soon" function like a link for the Clubs Page.

Here's a reminder for people:

Individual Movies Page: http://www.movieforums.com/movies

Clubs: http://www.movieforums.com/clubs
Yeah, gonna think long and hard about the navigation. Might have to bump those font sizes down a bit. But we've already run out of colors!