Scores that are Better than the Movie

Tools    

What scores do you like better than the movie they're in? Risky Business has a glorious Tangerine Dream score for a movie that's just kinda ok in my mind.

Sacrilege! The Goblin score is very good, though!

movies can be okay...
Lights Out has an undeserved score of 76% on RT. Frankly, I thought it was garbage.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

MC for the Great Underground Circus
The Keep [1997]

Highlander (1986),
since the score is Queen's, Who Wants To Live Forever is a sublime song, and the movie is average.

I can't put link into my post yet.

The most loathsome of all goblins
Highlander (1986),
since the score is Queen's, Who Wants To Live Forever is a sublime song, and the movie is average.
I like the film quite a bit, but there's no denying the music is the best aspect of it. And yes, Who Wants to Live Forever is the highlight, and it makes this scene:

Westworld (2016 TV series).
I'm more positive on the show than some, but Ramin Djawadi really out did himself on this one!

Good thread.

Most of the stuff that Clint Mansell does is better than the film it accompanies. (Moon is an exception. See also Yann Tiersen (Amelie is an exception)

Contagion - Cliff Martinez

The Book of Eli - Atticus Ross

Ocean's Twelve - David Holmes

Max Richter - Disconnect

Mogwai's amazing score to' Les Revenants' (tv show)

Olafur Arnauld's beuatiful score for "Boradchurch" (tv show)

It Follows. I like the movie well enough, but I like the score even more.

Westworld (2016 TV series).
Huh?!

Z, Westworld is incredible. Sorry you didnt like it.

Highlander (1986),

I can't put link into my post yet.

I love Queen but that song isnt one of my favs, the movie was exceptional. Glad the tv series was good as the other film installments werent.

What scores do you like better than the movie they're in? Risky Business has a glorious Tangerine Dream score for a movie that's just kinda ok in my mind.
Spot on Mr Holmes, spot on. Tangerine Dreams work in film is so undervalued.