IMDB Alumni, post here!

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
If anyone talks bad about Nolan's Batman trilogy, they're getting the boot.

I have 160+ posts. I have more power than you could ever imagine.

Which Nolan. I've recently come off Jono Nolan's WW which I love love love. I just havent seen a Nolan Batman trilogy. Although maybe I have so you have to jog my memory. Did he do the Heath Ledger one? I freaking loved it. What a ride.

Do you think there will be a flood of IMDB posters when it actually closes down?
I've been wondering about that. I assume there has to be. I think you bunch are unusual in finding a new place preemptively: I imagine most will keep using IMDB until the end. Heck, some might not even realize yet.

We'll try to have a higher than usual mod presence on the 20th, and we'll probably be a little quicker with deletions and bannings, simply to make sure it doesn't upend everything.

Is swearing allowed here or is that a no-no? Do you take the British or the American approach?
Generally, it's a no-no, but mostly just the higher-tier swear words. PG-13, if I had to summarize it. And nobody's going to get banned just for letting something slip. People only get instantly banned if they're being particularly bad, or are clearly doing something they've been asked not to do. Everyone else gets at least a courtesy warning/explanation and plenty of clarification on the rules first.

I don't mind diving into the more granular details of all this if you like, though it might be too pedantic to do publicly. Feel free to fire any test case questions my way via PM, though, if you want a better feel for any of it.

As a matter of interest, is this an American site?
I'm the owner and I'm an American, and I believe the server we lease is in America. I'd say a plurality of users are probably American, too, but it's not an overwhelming number.

Ha. I just looked it up. I have seen the C. Nolan batmans and loved them. Be nice now. I need a hug, but I'm a bit sweaty.

The Heath Ledger one for me was a total airpunching squeal of a movie. I loved that cinematic experience so much my hair curled. Still gut punched about Heath, though. What a fine actor and died way too young.

I honestly don't think I could handle all the Gyllenhaal, though.
That's what she said.

They're all overrated twaddle.
I've had my twaddle rated by several third party assessors and it's right where it should be.

Hey TJ, Imagine running into you here...
Well, I knew all the cool kids would come here to join the cool kids that were here.

So, you know...I'm just here to lower the standards.

We need some kind of noob contest!
(or a corral or something.)

Geez! Why am I so mean to the noobs? It's not like I've been here a really long time myself!

We need some kind of noob contest!
(or a corral or something.)

Geez! Why am I so mean to the noobs? It's not like I've been here a really long time myself!
Are they going to make us deathmatch? cause I've got Star Trek fight music on my phone... Just sayin....

Are they going to make us deathmatch? cause I've got Star Trek fight music on my phone... Just sayin....
And now...the Ahn-woon!

Generally, it's a no-no, but mostly just the higher-tier swear words. PG-13, if I had to summarize it. And nobody's going to get banned just for letting something slip. People only get instantly banned if they're being particularly bad, or are clearly doing something they've been asked not to do. Everyone else gets at least a courtesy warning/explanation and plenty of clarification on the rules first.

I don't mind diving into the more granular details of all this if you like, though it might be too pedantic to do publicly. Feel free to fire any test case questions my way via PM, though, if you want a better feel for any of it.

I'm the owner and I'm an American, and I believe the server we lease is in America. I'd say a plurality of users are probably American, too, but it's not an overwhelming number.[/quote]

Ok, just wanted to know. In the U.K. everyone uses th F-word every two seconds and it's no big deal. OTOH, I've known Americans to faint if you say "hell" for some reason, lol. Having said that, I grew up in th US but didn't know a lot of swear words back then.