My Most Disturbing Movie Experiences

Tools    

What about most disturbing tv show episode? I'd say mine is probably the episode of Six Feet Under; think it's Season 4 where David picks up a hitchhiker who ends up brutally torturing him for the full episode. I still don't quite get what they were doing with that, it was really tough to watch.

Also the episode of Sons of Anarchy with the Carnies in Season 1 .
WARNING: "sons" spoilers below
Pedo rapist who gets castrated
Also
WARNING: "sons" spoilers below
Gemma's Rape
Also anything with Otto. Yeah, that was a messed up show.

Irreversible (they sort of went overboard with this one,i thought the mainstory of alex was enough and theres too many shock factors but still manages to disturb you)
I've heard a lot about Irreversible, I may have to add that to my watchlist.

Irreversible is disturbing for many reason. The shaking/moving camera all the time, the rape scene.

But nothing even comes close to holding it in when I had to go big time all throughout Hateful Eight. It was a tough one!

I've heard a lot about Irreversible, I may have to add that to my watchlist.
its not for the fainthearted.just a friendly warning lol
and like hell storm said,theres a lot of weird camera stuff going on,i read that several people had to leave the theater because it made them nauseous and i can defo see that being true.

and like hell storm said,theres a lot of weird camera stuff going on,i read that several people had to leave the theater because it made them nauseous and i can defo see that being true.
Is there not a
WARNING: "irreversible" spoilers below
ridiculously long rape scene
; not sure why that's in spoilers. What do you like so much about the film? I'm genuinely interested because i assume the
WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
rape scene
is something you need to watch to get what you got out of it? Seeing it in your and i think Swans at one point top ten just felt weird to me because i've always known its reputation based on that scene.

yes there is,its about 9minutes or so...or so i read i didnt time it lol
I dont know if i like it that much,Theres alot of things i dont like about it,like it trying too hard to be shocking when the main story itself is shocking enough- but i put it in my top 10 because its one of the movies that stayed with me for a long time after i watched it.
the story obviously isnt a pleasant one but i tend to like darker movies more.the things i like about it the realistic dialogue and acting,and the choas in it (if you havent seen it-these are actual spoilers lol)
WARNING: spoilers below

her only being in that underground because her boyfriend was flirting with others,when she was going to get a cab but someone tells her to take the underground,the guy about to enter the underground,sees whats going on and then leaves and her boyfriend getting the wrong guy at the end

Did that scene have to be included? no not really,im sure more people would have liked it had it not been in or on going for so long.But it does make it heck more brutal and realistic and fuels the anger within in you which makes you care more for the characters.

yes there is,its about 9minutes or so...or so i read i didnt time it lol
Gunslinger probably did!

Thanks for your response that makes alot of sense, i didn't open the spoiler tag just incase i watch it at some point but thanks for the rest of it.

gunslinger said he timed a rape scene earlier which was why i made that joke for the record haha

The passion of the Christ. Although one of my favorite films, some of the scenes can be hard to watch.

Gunslinger probably did!

Thanks for your response that makes alot of sense, i didn't open the spoiler tag just incase i watch it at some point but thanks for the rest of it.

gunslinger said he timed a rape scene earlier which was why i made that joke for the record haha
I never saw Irreversible. lol And to my defense, the scene I timed was in the original I Spit on Your Grave.

You were more pissed than traumatized by it haha.
Your the only person who hated how the old people walked into the doorway in Amour
OMG, That made me laugh out loud! and I was just eating some salad too, that's dangerous! I have to stop eating while reading MoFo

The "Morty-est" Morty.
back in 98, my community used to do a watch together night on the rich one house
mostly they played horror genre movie
i was 7 that time when one night they accidentally played "cannibal holocaust"
i'm from south east asia and my community is a religious fundamentalist community
people just laughed when they realized what the movie was
but the next day we barely spoke to each other

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Irreversible is the one extreme film that finished me. Dropped out at the fire hydrant scene. I had so much freak out at the sound and shaky cam I was ready to vomit.

I happened to stumble across this thread first, just after I registered in the forum. Great thread.

I haven't read until your number 1 yet, but the movie "Prisoners" also had me pulling out my hair and hit my table in frustration. "Match point", on the other hand, was very amusing to me because all the characters were clueless..

Blue Velvet

Discovered I entered Sophie's Choice twice, so I am entering another movie here...a severed ear, a mysterious nightclub singer and some really psychotic criminals added up to one of my most disturbing movie experiences, headlined by one of cinema's most bizarre villains (Dennis Hopper).

Another scene that I find disturbing is in the move 'Nashville' where a female country singing star gets shot on stage at an outdoor concert. Instead of the show ending like it normally would in real life, the show goes on.