Am I the only one who views people's avatar as them?

Tools    

I know this sounds weird, but when I see or am talking to anyone on these boards, I sort of picture them looking like the person in their picture for some reason...as long as it's a human. Even when someone changes their pic, I then identify them as the new pic. That's why some of the people that have girls, actresses, etc. for a pic, I thought were girls at first. Weird, huh?
It's nice to hope isn't it ? I think you do identify with the avatar because you can't with the person behind it. You need that recognition. For instance I have a sneaking suspicion that TONGO isn't a gigantic ape worshipped by natives, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

You should stick with her! It's one of my favorite avatars.

I do think the avatars we choose says something about us. To me your avatar is someone who is: strong but noble, graceful and feminine.
Thanks!
I do really like the Lagertha avatar. Especially the way her hair blows in the wind. I let it go for as long as possible before the file size would be too big to upload here haha.

It just still feels strange to me because I'm so used to having male avatars in everything, because they tend to be the characters I like and gravitate towards (as is evidenced by all my Survivor characters being male haha). But I feel a strong connection with Lagertha, and I'd be very flattered if anyone equated me with her.

Also I sometimes do my hair up like her.

we can't see if a person is smiling or growling
"Take my word for it. I'm smiling"

I'm changing that back today! It seems weird, even though it's a cool pic, I don't feel like Rita Hayworth!
Love Rita Hayworth.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
You should stick with her! It's one of my favorite avatars.
I second that.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Thanks!
I do really like the Lagertha avatar. Especially the way her hair blows in the wind. I let it go for as long as possible before the file size would be too big to upload here haha.
I'll take Lagertha over getting some strange, any day.

I know this sounds weird, but when I see or am talking to anyone on these boards, I sort of picture them looking like the person in their picture for some reason...as long as it's a human. Even when someone changes their pic, I then identify them as the new pic. That's why some of the people that have girls, actresses, etc. for a pic, I thought were girls at first. Weird, huh?
Ha, Ive had people relate me to a gorilla many times. The only one Ive had confusion with is CiCi who for some damned reason I keep thinking is a girl, hes a guy. If I didnt know otherwise I probably would now think Camo was black because of his Stringer Bell av (and a mighty fine av that is btw).

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Now I know why people take me so seriously all the time....

Suspect's Reviews

You would think that, but my username is Miss Vicky and you wouldn't believe how many times people have thought I was male because of my avatar.
Even though your avatar is male, it's very bitchy.

Welcome to the human race...
Iro's "don't f*** with me" MGS's face, which I like to associate with his complex taste in movies (that he is truely honest with his feeling towards movies he doesn't like).
Indeed.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I always picture people as their avatars, and when I read their posts, I hear that person's voice in my head. I still have problems remembering if some people are male or female.

It gets very confusing for me when people change their avatars. I have to keep checking to see who wrote the post if I don't immediately recognize their avatar.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The only difference between me and Chris Reeve is I'm blond... and fat... and still alive.

Not in my mind. In my mind, you look exactly like your avatar. (And Christopher Reeve will always be alive in my heart.)

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
It gets very confusing for me when people change their avatars. I have to keep checking to see who wrote the post if I don't immediately recognize their avatar.
I use to change my avatar monthly when we had the Avatar Theme thread. Now I seem to keep this one.

Apparently i'm thought of as a black, murdering psychopath thanks to my avatar. Which offends me to my core since only two of them are true.

On confusing people and/or yourself, i've done both but neither here i don't think. There was a message board i used to go on that allowed name changes every few months; most confusing thing ever, imagine SC with his avatar changes and the ability to change his username like five times a year; that was most of the active users Actually members like Cricket or Swan would be alot more confusing, they don't change their avs as much as SC but they are always to completely different things, at least he has a Jake theme going on On the confusing myself part: i swear i started reading Preacher and started using my Preacher avatar before i had heard about the show; i've still not watched any of it, but yah i kept seeing Jesse Custer avatars on other sites which is the main reason i changed mine haha.

And yeah i see all of you as your avatars, even after i've seen pictures of you. MV will always be Joaquin specifically the one she has now which i hope she changes soon because it's becoming nauseating, HK will always be some Drew Barrymore av and same with SC and Jake and Citizen and Orson. Also Cricket should get that Homer as a trucker av back because i only found out that's what he does for a living months after he had it and it's really brilliant.

Anyone who read my Whiplash review knows I do not look like De Niro. lol
Your avatar is perfect for conveying like six different emotions at once so i rarely know what you are saying.