24: Legacy

Tools    

What do you guys think?? It looks like it brings the pain And intensity. I liked that it showed Kiefer Sutherland as credited so I assume he shows up at some point.

His girl looks like she kicks butt and takes names as well, but my God they look young!

Oh! I see it now -- he's HEATH from TWD! I knew his face looked strangely familiar. LOL

@dteam6 Tony Almeida came back at last! Thoughts?
Well, I won't be able to watch the episode until tomorrow or so and will do so on the FOX website.

As for my overall thoughts on the matter? From everything the writers and Carlos Bernard have stated, this seems to be falling almost directly in line with the theory I've been holding since 24 Solitary: Tony will be a "good" guy again and will be sort of a gray character. He'll basically be a mercenary who does off the books missions for the government while on the run as his way of "saving lives to feel worthy of Michelle's love again". In other words--they're headed down a redemption heading for Tony like I always knew they would.

Tony is on the run but is ready and willing to put a stop to terrorist operations. So, he'll basically be working outside of the law as a fugitive but is actually a "good guy" this time. Really, this isn't much different from Jack's role in several seasons where he also played the role of an off-the-books "special agent" who had the freedom to bend/break the law as he saw fit and one of which the government could use while denying any affiliation with him at the same time.

Tony, who doesn't trust the government is in this to help people--not the government. He's willing to work with CTU only because he wants to help stop a terrorist conspiracy. But, in the end, Tony doesn't feel he's answerable to anyone. While he wants redemption, he'll never trust or respect the government again which is why he chose to become a mercenary.

So, I think we'll mostly have the old Tony back this season--only a damaged, remorseful and guilt-ridden old Tony looking for a chance to be a good man again.
Howard Gordon even indicated as much when he stated: "He's sort of a shadow at this point. He has no illusions about people or institutions anymore." He even stated: "He fell from grace and wants to get it back again."

So Tony is out to redeem himself by saving lives...like I knew he would be.

I just hope the writers don't pull something stupid by having him become bad again. They have a chance to clean up their Season 7 mess...they'd better not mess it up.

If you saw Carlos Bernard's interview on the 24 Spoilers website, the Tony clips they showed have Tony acting almost exactly like the old Tony again. His mannerisms are nothing like they were in Season 7--he acts like...well...TONY. No more of this shadowy-faced, scowling "evil" Tony crap.

So, I'm watching with cautious optimism here, but I'd say it's safe to say that Tony is back.

Legend in my own mind
Is this any good? Have them saved on the planner but haven't got around to watching them yet. Don't want to watch it if it's rubbish.

A system of cells interlinked

So, I think we'll mostly have the old Tony back this season--only a damaged, remorseful and guilt-ridden old Tony looking for a chance to be a good man again.
They already sort of did this in season 4, I feel. He had fallen from grace, gone to prison, lost Michelle, and was shacked up with some bartender. Then Jack brings him on a mission, after which he says "Today, I saw my friend come alive again."

I still feel like this show played its last trick in season 5, and has never been very good since. I haven't seen Live Another Day, which I hear was pretty good, but seasons 6-8 were pretty rough, IMO.

Meanwhile: Chloe forever!

Is this any good? Have them saved on the planner but haven't got around to watching them yet. Don't want to watch it if it's rubbish.
In my view? It's a turd. I HATE 24: Legacy. I hate every single character in it. NOTHING interests me about any of this. 24 Legacy literally recycles every single 24 plot point and every character is a vanilla copy/paste of far superior past characters. I care nothing for the lead (who tries to hard to act like Jack Bauer and fails miserably). I care nothing for the plot. It plays out like an amateur production. It's hard to believe that the same people who worked on the old seasons worked on this sewerage.

Tony is literally the only good thing so far and even HE has been mishandled. By that I mean that his timeline was screwed up. Poor writing and poor research into the character's past.

24 Legacy is nothing more than an amateur effort in my eyes.

What a shame...this was once a great show and probably my favorite at one point...can't say that anymore.

Legend in my own mind
In my view? It's a turd. I HATE 24: Legacy. I hate every single character in it. NOTHING interests me about any of this. 24 Legacy literally recycles every single 24 plot point and every character is a vanilla copy/paste of far superior past characters. I care nothing for the lead (who tries to hard to act like Jack Bauer and fails miserably). I care nothing for the plot. It plays out like an amateur production. It's hard to believe that the same people who worked on the old seasons worked on this sewerage.

Tony is literally the only good thing so far and even HE has been mishandled. By that I mean that his timeline was screwed up. Poor writing and poor research into the character's past.

24 Legacy is nothing more than an amateur effort in my eyes.

What a shame...this was once a great show and probably my favorite at one point...can't say that anymore.
Don't hold back

May well give it a swerve then

Don't hold back

May well give it a swerve then
Well, I have an opinion of this that MANY people seem to echo: "Do you know how the last few seasons of 24 have been retreading old plot lines and feeling stale? Imagine that x10 and subtract Jack from the equation and you have 24 Legacy".

I'd say it's worth watching the Tony episodes (if you enjoy that character, that is) because it's great to see him again. He's literally is the only good thing about it.

I confess I only watched the 1st episode and maybe the 2nd. I liked the characters (refreshing!), but I DO have to agree that I was like "REALLY?? Another Middle Eastern terrorist bombing plot? How original!" I was underwhelmed. Like, not again. The world has come so far since Jack Bauer. Surely there are new, more evolved plots to discuss in the context of "Secret agent man." I mean.... Julian Assange? Wikileaks? Snowden? Cybercrime? I MEAN.......... SOMETHING. ELSE!