The Resident Bitch's New Top 100 Favorite Films

→ in
Tools    

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
(Gore Verbinksi, 2003)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - 38, 2013 - 15

While the sequels may have been a bit bloated and lackluster, this first in the series brought us an iconic character and a thrilling adventure.

I've only seen Black Pearl from that series and I thought it was a blast.

Haven't seen Over the Hedge but I'm sure I'd like it with all the cute animals.

Zodiac is one of my favorite movie ever. Glad to see it on your list

Pirates Of The Caribbean is my childhood and also one of my all-time favorite

Great additions right here

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl....Like Camo, Cricket and Derek just said... it's an all-time, fun, blast!... I like Depp, I know not many people do, but he's usually good in most things, well not as Willy Wonka, but he's one helluva Captain Sparrow.

I liked him as Wonka.

But then, I didn't grow up with the Gene Wilder version so I never had any attachment to the original.

Yea, that's true...usually what we grow up with, is what we like, at least for me it is. I didn't watch many movies when I was a kid but the original Willy Wonka was one of the few that I got to see a bunch of times. Now I want to watch it again!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I didn't expect to like The Emperor's New Groove, mainly because I don't like David Spade, but I really enjoyed it.

Bambi has always been one of my favorite Disney movies. My favorite character is Thumper.

The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of those movies that I like more and more every time I watch it.

I think Over the Hedge is a very underrated movie. It's one of my favorite animated movies. Those of you who haven't seen it yet really need to watch it.

The Quick and the Dead
(Sam Raimi, 1995)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - 46, 2013 - 18

Western purists probably don't have much love for Sam Raimi's cut-to-the-chase tale of revenge, I think it's a wonderful piece of entertainment. It's got a great cast, including Gene Hackman, Sharon Stone, Russell Crowe, and Leonardo DiCaprio and a quick pace. Never a dull moment for me.

The Sandlot
(David M. Evans, 1993)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - 49, 2013 - 59

Infinitely quotable and so much fun. I swear if you don't like this movie, you're dead inside.

Clay Pigeons
(David Dobkin, 1998)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - 16, 2013 - 14

This one was a surprise to me. I initially watched this darkly funny tale of a serial killer for Joaquin Phoenix, but I loved it for Vince Vaughn.

Heathers is good, fun film. I haven't seen much from Christian Slater so when i first saw this i found his similarities to Jack Nicholson really jarring, they felt quite forced, that's until Mr Robot now i realize that's just the way he is; i think Nicholson is the one putting on these quirks more than Slater is actually haha.

So nice to hear someone mention the similarities between Slater and a young Jack Nicholson...I noticed it years ago but have never heard anyone else mention it.

Untamed Heart
(Tony Bill, 1993)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - 25, 2013 - 44

A sweet and tragic romance between really screwed up people. Marissa Tomei and Christian Slater are wonderful in this. Rosie Perez is quite good too. Be warned, though, this is not a movie that can be viewed with a cynic's eye.

Dances With Wolves
(Kevin Costner, 1990)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - 20, 2013 - 21

A gorgeous cinematic love letter to the old frontier.