The Resident Bitch's New Top 100 Favorite Films

→ in
Tools    

I agree that Joaquin was very good in Walk The Line but i thought the movie was just okay. Haven't seen Demolition Man since i was about 13; at the time i really liked it.

Walk The Line is alright. Haven't seen Demolition Man since my Blockbuster Video days...that's the nicest thing I can say about it.

*Batteries Not Included
(Matthew Robbins, 1987)
Previous Rankings: NEW TO THE LIST

Although this was a childhood favorite, it's a film that I had long forgotten in my adulthood. But when it came time to prepare for the 80s list, I gave this sweet little charmer another try and was smitten all over again. I think it's a shame that this movie rarely gets talked about or watched these days.

Rush
(Ron Howard, 2013)

This is not a movie that I ever expected to love. Hell, I didn't even expect to like it. There is absolutely nothing in its subject or its cast that says "this is a movie for Miss Vicky" - I don't care about Formula One racing, Chris Hemsworth has a pretty face but not a lot else, and I liked Daniel Brühl in Inglourious Basterds but hadn't seen him in anything else. I should have known better. Ron Howard is great at emotional manipulation and I was immediately sucked in.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I absolutely love Demolition Man, such a ridiculously fun movie. Walk the Line is really good and not a million miles away from being a love film for me either. As I said to you recently I liked Batteries Not Included as a kid but not seen it in many a year. Would be curious to see what I made of it these days. And Rush is another that could well be a love film. Not seen it since catching it at the cinema but really liked it then. Bit surprised to see it so high up on your list

Cars
(John Lasseter and Joe Ranft, 2006)

Despite the great level of respect Pixar generally receives, this particular film seems to be much maligned. Personally I love it. It might not have the emotional depth of their better works, but it's a really fun movie with memorable characters.

The Land Before Time
(Don Bluth, 1988)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - N/A, 2013 - 84

A lot of Don Bluth's other films haven't held up for me over the years, but this adorable little adventure has remained a favorite. Yep, yep, yep.

Tokyo Goddofazazu
Tokyo Godfathers
(Satoshi Kon and Shôgo Furuya, 2003)

Although it lacks the stunning imagery of Kon's other works, Tokyo Godfathers features a wonderful story and endearing and memorable characters.

Don't love Cars or anything but i do like it more than most, it's only far down on my Pixar rankings because they've been really consistent. The Land Before Time held up better than Anastasia or All Dogs, not crazy about it anymore though. Prefer Perfect Blue and Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers was very good though.

Point Break
(Kathryn Bigelow, 1991)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - N/A, 2013 - 23

A fun adrenaline rush with gorgeous cinematography and gorgeous people (well, not Gary Busey). Patrick Swayze, Keanu Reeves, and Lori Petty all look sexy AF in this, and that's not something I'd normally say about any of them.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit
(Robert Zemeckis, 1988)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - N/A, 2013 - 81

Truly among the most creative and original films I've seen, Who Framed Roger Rabbit combines moody live action with brilliant animation (and a bunch of familiar cartoon faces) to create a noir like no other. It's also one of the few childhood favorites that has secured a position here for reasons that have little to do with nostalgia. Actually, when I watched this as an adult it felt like a completely different movie than what I had remembered as a kid. All those dirty jokes had gone way over my innocent little head back then.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Roger Rabbit is OK. Tokyo had great visuals but was just ok. Haven't seen Land before Time in ages so I can't really comment. Surprised Cars is so high, didn't even know you liked it.

Roger Rabbit is OK. Tokyo had great visuals but was just ok. Haven't seen Land before Time in ages so I can't really comment. Surprised Cars is so high, didn't even know you liked it.
You and I just don't agree on much of anything, do we?

I've loved Cars since I saw it in theaters. I liked the sequel, too, but not nearly as much. Actually the only Pixar movie that I don't like is Brave.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
You and I just don't agree on much of anything, do we?

I've loved Cars since I saw it in theaters. I liked the sequel, too, but not nearly as much. Actually the only Pixar movie that I don't like is Brave.
To be fair I haven't seen a lot of the films you have posted. I've never seen Cars either.

I'll have to look back and see how many of your top 100 I love, probably by the end about 20 or so.