Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Despicable Me (2010)

I never expected to like this so much. I got hooked right from the great beginning, and the lead character took it from there. It's funny and ended up being heartwarming. The amusement park scene was probably my favorite and the animation was very good. The only thing is I could have done without the minions.

Didn't like it as much as you but yeah Despicable Me is pretty enjoyable without the Minions. Minions the movie is one of my least favourite films this decade though.

I like the minions. Their spinoff movie wasn't great but I didn't hate it. Anyway glad you liked it, Cricket. Disappointed that you didn't like it more than Mr Fox though.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Didn't like it as much as you but yeah Despicable Me is pretty enjoyable without the Minions. Minions the movie is one of my least favourite films this decade though.
Yeah, when I saw it when I was 12, I thought sometimes the Minions were funny and sometimes they were annoying. I gave it the same rating as cricket at the time, but I'm not sure what I'd think of it now, since that's the one time I saw it.

Unregistered User
20 seconds of straight chills when I saw your review. I saw this last year -- probably the best in it's class.

Have you seen "A Special Day" with Sophia and Marcello?

No Matt, although I think I have it recorded to watch. Recommend?

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
The Accountant

I guess I'm on a Ben Affleck marathon at this point Third movie he is involved with in a row, not bad.

Acting is just fine, Ben did mostly a good job, at few moments he slips out of the character and forgets all about his problems and all of that, but that's nothing major. J.K.Simmons did fantastic job here, his acting is at every moment hinting at that ending twist and I loved it. Well written, kept me interesting until the last moment, good action scenes.

7.5/10

Current streak of well done movies I'd watched led me had necessity to watch an utter garbage one, and somehow I stumbled with this title, not disappointed.

Tokyo: The Last Megalopolis

well even with that expectation, I'm not close myself if there bit glimpse of guilty pleasure or "so bad so good" attitude but still this movie consistently manage to fail my inner sense of joy, make me want bash it full throttle lol.

it was adaptation of famous and influential novel in japan, a historical fiction from the sense of eastern occultism. if we are not read the original novel, not knowing some historic point or character based, not familiar/profound with some typical eastern magic, or NOT a legit japanese, yeah there big chance we lost from the beginning. But even In context that the movie itself not intended for abroad audiences or non reader of the novel, its still not enough as the narrative condensed to make it two hours worth of shiet, give the sense of "who and who" and "what the heck is going on.."

cinematic-ally the movie was overdose of camerawork, often feel aimless, with sense of awkward editing. even the practical effect was a must hate as it often giveaway reverse shots in between human and stop motion creature that's feel abruptly disjoint. I read this come from man that direct early tokusatsu like ultraman made me scratch my armpit.

Eventho' I feel this movie is horrible, yet it said have sort of legacy in japanese cinema. Wonder with that

WARNING: spoilers below
the last scene of incesteous family walking happily ever make me feel sick

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Tokyo: The Last Megalopolis is one I still haven't seen, but I heard it's crazy and very good. It's just that not everyone gets this kind of cinema.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Yup, probably it's just not get used with this kind of cinema and I feel that way. The english title caught me because sound kind of silly lol, and It's got interesting cast like shintaro katsu, jo shisido, mieko harada and also the guy play the villain Kato is often seen in jap muvi(and these character kato is kinda iconic, something like that lol).

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 7/10

When Woman Ascends the Stairs (1960)

I become wonder after read some hirokazu koreeda interview that denied his similarity with yasujiro ozu, that ppl abroad used to say about him, pointed out that his work more like mikio naruse's. Yeah among great director from japanese cinema, seems like naruse kinda underrated abroad compare to his other co like ozu, which probably made ppl merely led to that impression. naruse is more highly regarded in japan compare to his popularity abroad which fell behind the like kobayashi, mizuguchi, or kon ichikawa. Clearly I really need to watch more of these old geezer's stuff .

This is great movie afterall

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
In Production - an indie film directed by Mikhail Tot revolving around a young college intern who joins a small film crew who is hellbent on getting their film made. This is a funny comedy that at times goes to extremes, but in a good way. It reminds me of some of Kevin Smith's earlier films and a great cast (including the director himself as the film's director). It is a fun and wild ride in the world of indie filmmaking.

Final rating: 9 out of 10

Welcome to the human race...
You are at least 1 popcorn too high on that movie.
Just to drive the point home even further...

Under Siege -

Remind me again how this made the Top 100 Action countdown.