Actors that instantly turn you off a film

Tools    

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
He was excellent as Time in the Alice sequel. Depp disappointed a bit in that one.

This may come out of left field (and may anger some), but... Danny DeVito.
Not that he turns me off so much personally or anything, but there's almost none of his movies that I like (granted, I've never seen Twins).
So, at this point, if I heard "starring Danny DeVito!" I'd probably be inclined to skip it.

Come to think of it, his wife, Rhea Pearlman, always turned me off too! (And I used to watch Cheers!)

Ironically, my niece was friends with one of his relatives that lives nearby when they were little!

I liked his role of Louie on Taxi.
Danny Devito I liked in a few things. He was funny in that family movie Matilda. Twins I would recommend you watch. Have you seen Ruthless People? That's another good one, and Judge Reinhold shares the lead, so Devito won't cause you to overload..lol

Danny Devito I liked in a few things. He was funny in that family movie Matilda. Twins I would recommend you watch. Have you seen Ruthless People? That's another good one, and Judge Reinhold shares the lead, so Devito won't cause you to overload..lol
Yes, I liked Matilda too (not so much for Danny, but for the overall story - but I guess he was integral to that). So we can say I liked at least one of his movies. I think I saw Ruthless People, but don't remember it, so can't say.

It's probably his version of the Penguin that left a bad taste in my mouth (kind of a fishy oozing black bile taste)!

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I think he's a classic case of character actor in a leading man's body.

He shines in more eccentric roles or more low key work like Hell or High Water.
I do want to see Hell or High Water.

Gene Hackman - whenever I see him, I get the feeling that film will be an incredible bore.

Adam Sandler - when I see Sandler, I turn off the TV and leave the room for at least 24 hours.

Matthew Broderick - Unless it's Cable Guy, I have no interest in any films starring this guy.
Wow, really? OK...Gene Hackman...an incredible bore...seriously? The only Matthew Broderick film you like is The Cable Guy? Really?

Ashton Kutcher (now)

He was funny on That '70s Show and in some of his early films. But his latest movies and role on Two and a Half Men are nauseating.

Oh and RUSSELL BRAND (I just hate his face, let alone his personality)

All 3 are mediocre

@Saunch

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Wow, really? OK...Gene Hackman...an incredible bore...seriously? The only Matthew Broderick film you like is The Cable Guy? Really?
Gene Hackman! One of the best actors of his generation, a real tough guy actor without looking like a pumped up underwear model, versatile too. One of my personal favourite actors.

Personally, I can never tire of re-watching Ruthless People or Twins, otherwise I can take or leave De Vito.

Ashton Kutcher (now)

He was funny on That '70s Show and in some of his early films. But his latest movies and role on Two and a Half Men are nauseating.
You are aware the Two and a Half Men has been off the air for almost two year now, right?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
DeVito - Cuckoo's Nest, "Taxi", Throw Momma, Tin Men, Get Shorty, L.A. Confidential, Romancing the Stone, Living in Oblivion, Man on the Moon

Adam Sandler - How this guy became a huge movie star I will never know
Amy Schumer - Real life Miss Piggy pretending to be funny and talented.
Robert De Niro - Has been atrocious for way too long. His glory days seem millenia ago.
Seth Rogen - His shtick has run its course.
Tobey Maguire - Just because
Renee Zellweger - Jerry Maguire was the only good role she ever played.
Samuel L. Jackson - Has long outlived his usefulness.
Vin Diesel - Why is this guy a star?
Sasha Baron Cohen - Should have stopped at Borat.
Wow, helluva list here...no arguing Sandler he is definitely an acquired taste. I'm inclined to agree with you regarding Shumer but it seems to be blasphemous to say anything bad about her right now. As for De Niro, I think most of the films he has done in the last decade he did for the money. As for Renee Zellweger, I might suggest watching Chicago and Nurse Betty. Why even bring up Vin Diesel? When was the last time you saw him in a movie? His 15 minutes might be up, ditto Sasha Baron Cohen.

You are aware the Two and a Half Men has been off the air for almost two year now, right?
Yeah, but it's still his latest TV show role. He couldn't fill Charlie's shoes. Kutcher was just awkward and dorky on that show. Made me cringe so I stopped watching it.

DeVito - Cuckoo's Nest, "Taxi", Throw Momma, Tin Men, Get Shorty, L.A. Confidential, Romancing the Stone, Living in Oblivion, Man on the Moon
On those movies,I agree. Let me just mention that Travolta in Get Shorty was also hard to take at times. I wished someone would just kick his arrogant ass when I was watching the movie.

Aside from Dazed and Confused, I really don't care for Matt McConaughey.