Lasting impressions

→ in
Tools    

Master of My Domain
Just so you know, you can use spoiler tags to avoid the unnecessary blank spaces.

Just so you know, you can use spoiler tags to avoid the unnecessary blank spaces.
Believe me, I tried. It didn't cover the photos.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Believe me, I tried. It didn't cover the photos.

I'm not sure, but the collapsible tabs might work to hide the photos.

How to use Collapsible Tabs:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...58#post1483458

[*collapse=Title Here]Hidden stuff here[/collapse*]

I'm not sure, but the collapsible tabs might work to hide the photos.

How to use Collapsible Tabs:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...58#post1483458

[*collapse=Title Here]Hidden stuff here[/collapse*]
GB to the rescue. Made the necessary changes. Thanks.

You're welcome. (I knew I kept notes about that for a reason. )
I just put more effort into that post than what they put into the film. I use the word film lightly.

Morgan (2016)

This has received a lot of negative criticism. One being that it's very predictable. I get it, for some it tends to be a pet peeve. However, as I've stated before, predictable doesn't always mean bad. It's often times the journey that can make or break or a movie, at least for me. Does this movie have flaws? Sure, but the journey was in my opinion very enjoyable. Personally, what really made this movie for me was the story. When or if you get past the certain flaws, you're met with a rather touching story. There are moments throughout that demonstrated a lot of emotion and tenderness which I found appealing. But, hey, that's just me.

Blair Witch (2016)

A massively watered down Blair Witch meets Grave Encounters with a pinch of Final Prayer. Generic characters, recycled concepts and jump scare, after jump scare, after jump scare, after jump scare, after....jump....scare.....

BLAIR WITCH SPOILERS  
I hated it too, but regarding the spoiler...

WARNING: "Blair Witch" spoilers below
I believe it was the writer who said that's actually not meant to be the witch. I don't know what the hell it is supposed to be then, though.

I hated it too, but regarding the spoiler...

WARNING: "Blair Witch" spoilers below
I believe it was the writer who said that's actually not meant to be the witch. I don't know what the hell it is supposed to be then, though.
Whatever it is, it's apparently made of rubber.

Hell House LLC (2015)

This is another one with a lot of potential squandered. There are some truly creepy scenes that were handled just right, hence their creepiness. But they were very few and far between. Then there were times that I just thought "wow, they could've really utilized that scene better". There was one scene in particular where they had the perfect opportunity to add something very subtle and it would've created an unnerving atmosphere, but throughout that whole scene nothing happens and I was really disappointed. The movie does a lot of building up, to only leave you feeling utterly let down. Also, they could've hired a better special effects person, because the makeup used was laughable. But even through all this, I was above all disappointed with the ending. Because the beginning of the film hints at something terrifying that happened to those in Hell House, yet what we actually see is rather tame. My imagination ran wild and I had all of these great scenarios that could've taken place, but no, this was it. That's the best they came up with. It's not completely horrible, as I said it did have some good moments, it just dropped the ball one too many times.

Man, it's becoming really difficult to find a good modern horror film.

Man Facing Southeast (1986)

A man shows up in an Asylum claiming to be from another planet. The doctor tasked to help him tries to delve deeper into the mystery of his past, only what he encounters isn't quite what he expects. The director of K-PAX has stated otherwise, but this was clearly the inspiration behind his film. The story is great but I don't know if there was something lost in the translation of the subtitles or if it was basically the dialogue, but I wasn't too fond of the matter-of-fact way it unfolded at times. A scene would transpire and for some reason we needed it explained to us through dialogue as if we just couldn't be trusted to comprehend it. Also, though I understand its role in connection to the character, the saxophone soundtrack really ruined the atmosphere. Sounded like something that belonged in a satirical noir flick rather than a drama/sci-fi. Now, though at times the dialogue left me frustrated, there were some profound moments concerning existentialism which I liked a lot. I thought the ending was especially great.

Man Facing Southeast (1986)
I'll watch this soon. I'm learning spanish, so I'm scrounging for stuff like this.

I've seen like two films in this thread which is why i rarely comment, btw haha.
It's nice to read reaffirming opinions about stuff, but occasionally stumbling upon new things of interest is nice too, isn't it?

I'll watch this soon. I'm learning spanish, so I'm scrounging for stuff like this.
Great, maybe you can tell me if it was a translation issue or not.

It's nice to read reaffirming opinions about stuff, but occasionally stumbling upon new things of interest is nice too, isn't it?
That's my fave thing about MonnoM, I haven't heard of most of the movies he watches/likes, but he still seems to have really great taste. I feel like if I was to ever go and pick a movie at random to watch, this thread would be a good spot to find something I haven't heard of before and try it.

Calamari Union (1985)

A group of broke, homeless, offbeat men (all named Frank) come together and try to find a way out their wretched town and find Bliss in Eira. But as their journey progresses things don't go as smoothly as they would've hoped. This movie is as absurd as they get. It took a while for me to get into it, sometimes it just dragged on. But I'm glad I stuck with it, because once it picked up it turned out to be pretty funny. I laughed my ass off at one scene in particular, not even sure why I found it that funny, but I did. The movie definitely could've used some improvements, but I can't deny that there is something endearing about it that helped keep it afloat.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
I remember Meet The Applegates from back then.Goofy, but entertaining and with an ecological message.