The Decade So Far: My 51 Favorite Movies from 2010-16

→ in
Tools    

Welcome! Welcome!

Allow me to kick-off the first new list of 2017!

Inspired by the discussions in the "What are the best films from the first half of the decade?" thread, I decided to take it one step further and do an actual countdown for it. I will tell you all my 51 favorite movies from the first 7 years of the 2010s.

Why 51? Well since it's an uneven number of years I'm reviewing, I might as well do an uneven number of movies. Come and join me in the odd-numbered shenanigans!

Looking forward to it . It's felt like there's been no personal countdowns here in ages unless i've missed them.
Yeah I haven't really seen any since I came back last month. Hopefully taking the initiative can encourage other members to start some up as well.

Hope you enjoy Camo!

And here we go!

51. The Magnificent Seven (2016)

While it may not be a masterpiece and yes, it's yet another remake (also yes, I know the original was a remake of Seven Samurai) this movie served its purpose of being a really fun Western shoot-em-up with a very interesting band of characters. I normally enjoy Fuqua's films and loved the cast which included Washington, Pratt, Hawke, D'onofrio, and Sarsgaard.

50. Spotlight (2015)

Though I still don't feel that it should have won BP last year, I still think Spotlight is an engaging drama that deserved its praise. Michael Keaton's performance really shined in this and I'm happy that he's had such a career resurgence in Hollywood.

49. A Million Ways to Die in the West (2014)

Admittedly a guilty pleasure but I can't help it this movie is funny as hell! Neil Patrick Harris was hilarious in this and the Indian vision sequence had me like crazy.

48. The VVitch (2015)

Surely one of the better horror films of the decade. Creepy as hell with the goat Black Philip really stealing the show. A must-see for any horror fan.

Care for some gopher?
Haven't seen neither but definitely want to see The VVitch.

Interesting mixture. I haven't heard good things about A Million Ways to Die but it seemed like it would be funny. I've only seen bits of on TV. I didn't like The Witch, but I do like Spotlight quite a bit.

I am the Watcher in the Night
I haven't seen any of those but I did try and watch A Million' but it was just so...bad. Seth McFarlane should never be allowed to act on screen ever again.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Interesting mixture. I haven't heard good things about A Million Ways to Die but it seemed like it would be funny. I've only seen bits of on TV. I didn't like The Witch, but I do like Spotlight quite a bit.
I haven't seen any of those but I did try and watch A Million' but it was just so...bad. Seth McFarlane should never be allowed to act on screen ever again.
Yeah most people hate Million Ways, so it's definitely my biggest guilty pleasure in this countdown. With those types of movies though all I'm looking for is a laugh, and Million Ways gave me a lot of 'em.

47: Deadpool (2016)

Deadpool accomplishes what it's meant to accomplish very well: being fun, being edgy, and being the comic book movie that truly stands out from the rest. Ryan Reynolds was born to play THIS VERSION of Deadpool.

46. Argo (2012)

A great thriller that solidified Ben Affleck as a great director. One of the better "based on a true event" movies of the decade.

45. Sucker Punch (2011)

Another guilty pleasure makes the cut! Like A Million Ways... the majority of people seem to hate this movie, but it's one that I enjoyed. I remember listening to the soundtrack quite a bit when it came out too. An entertaining flick (for me) that I think is a bit underrated.

44. How to Train Your Dragon (2010)

An animated film I really enjoyed upon first watch. It's been a long time since I've seen it but still remember how great it was. I also really need to watch the second one, which for some really strange reason I still haven't gotten around to!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm shocked that so many people like Deadpool this much. Aside from the opening credits which were genius, I just don't understand the love. It was OK but nothing special.

Argo was decent but we have certainly seen better best picture Oscar winners, such as last year's and this year's presumably as well.

Let the night air cool you off
I'm shocked that so many people like Deadpool this much. Aside from the opening credits which were genius, I just don't understand the love. It was OK but nothing special.
I saw most of it on HBO the other day, but I missed the credits. It wasn't very good. I don't get the love either.

I'm far from a Marvel/comic book movie fan but I would say that the past couple years they've been better. I do think Deadpool was the breath of fresh air that Marvel needed. Though I don't agree with the whole "make more comic movies rated R!" trend that's been going ever since it came out.

Yes there have been better BP winners than Argo, but only a couple from this decade I thought were better.

Care for some gopher?
Haven't seen Deadpool and Argo. Didn't like Sucker Punch but How to Train Your Dragon is a fantastic movie! Would probably appear in my top 25 of this decade.

I'm gonna be following this list, haven't done another personal list in a while because I can't really think of a good one to do but this is perfect!

But I think people keep mixing up the X-Men Franchise & the MCU thinking they are run by the same studio. Fox are the ones running the X-Men Franchise (including Deadpool) since they bought the rights from Marvel back in the 90s while the MCU (Ironman, Avengers, Captain America) is actually run by Marvel (Disney who bought Marvel). Sony still has the rights to Spiderman they are just partnering up with Marvel and including Spiderman in the MCU now because The Amazing Spiderman 2 underperformed so they panicked and rebooted it again.