Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

Yoda, bc you spent the whole year trashing one guy -think of all that time you wasted- trying to keep him from getting elected, and he won anyways
I hate to break it to you, but nothing anyone said on this forum was going to swing the election either way. That's not why I do this.

And if you want to talk about what's true, go find where I said President Trump doesn't have a dark side and has no flaws, good luck!
...which is why I've consistently accused you of dodging, rather than merely lying.

But you've done both, anyway. For example, when I pointed out Trump had lied about Libya, and you made some confusing argument about him changing his position years ago. I still have no idea what you were trying to say, but I showed you a video proving otherwise. You bailed. Another time, I listed a number of things he'd done, and you tried to handwave them all away as overblown somehow. So I asked you for specific objections to how I'd characterized them. Again, nothing.

So you don't just keep conspicuously silent any time you're asked about one of those flaws: you also occasionally imply, falsely, that some of them are inaccurate. You also criticize Hillary for things Trump's done, with no acknowledgement of the contradiction or attempt to reconcile the two.

And I didn't go deleting posts like you did to cover your tails after all that bogus about Clinton having the upper hand in the early fake news polls.
I have literally no idea what you're talking about. I didn't delete any posts about Clinton and early polls.

Regardless, everything you've tried to bury President Trump for, he could be Captain Hook, a total cutthroat, and achieve results for our country anyways with jobs and in the economy, on the border, and against terrorists.
We've been through this: sure, anything could happen. But you seem to believe it based on zero evidence (and in spite of contrary evidence), and if he does, it'll be by specifically reneging on many campaign promises. Which, as I've shown, has already started. So either you don't actually care about the issues you were pretending to care about, or you don't care about issues at all, and you're just voting for some vague attitudinal shift. Which is it?

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i mean, i'm not trying to say there shouldn't be any joking or funny images, but it shouldn't just be that, either. and if one user is coming in and basically just doing that, and trying to get a reaction, like... no. go to a YouTube comment thread if that's what you wanna do. i've been a Mofo for over 10 years and it's because there's actually substance here. i mean, even Sexy Celebrity, who i never agree with, adds more substance than this clown.

it's just dumb.

I posted that news article in the other Trump thread, skimmed thru it beforehand. woof! Watching Trumpets engage in conversation is like a group Freaky Friday where all the adults are actually children inside.
On the flipside of that thered have to be a bunch of kids that are adults, and know theyre future is being totaled for lulz.

Murica'

I'll take Nostromo87 any day over most of the other trash that posts in this thread.

oh, go back to your fluff and let the grown ups speak.
Go back to your marshmallow fluff.

From EcoWatch....

Q. Noam, the unthinkable has happened: In contrast to all forecasts, Donald Trump scored a decisive victory over Hillary Clinton, and the man that Michael Moore described as a "wretched, ignorant, dangerous part-time clown and full-time sociopath" will be the next president of the U.S. In your view, what were the deciding factors that led American voters to produce the biggest upset in the history of U.S. politics?

A. Noam Chomsky

Before turning to this question, I think it is important to spend a few moments pondering just what happened on Nov. 8, a date that might turn out to be one of the most important in human history, depending on how we react.

No exaggeration.

The most important news of Nov. 8 was barely noted, a fact of some significance in itself.

On Nov. 8, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) delivered a report at the international conference on climate change in Morocco (COP22) which was called in order to carry forward the Paris agreement of COP21. The WMO reported that the past five years were the hottest on record. It reported rising sea levels, soon to increase as a result of the unexpectedly rapid melting of polar ice, most ominously the huge Antarctic glaciers. Already, Arctic sea ice over the past five years is 28 percent below the average of the previous 29 years, not only raising sea levels, but also reducing the cooling effect of polar ice reflection of solar rays, thereby accelerating the grim effects of global warming. The WMO reported further that temperatures are approaching dangerously close to the goal established by COP21, along with other dire reports and forecasts.

Another event took place on Nov. 8, which also may turn out to be of unusual historical significance for reasons that, once again, were barely noted.

On Nov. 8, the most powerful country in world history, which will set its stamp on what comes next, had an election. The outcome placed total control of the government—executive, Congress, the Supreme Court—in the hands of the Republican Party, which has become the most dangerous organization in world history.

Apart from the last phrase, all of this is uncontroversial. The last phrase may seem outlandish, even outrageous. But is it? The facts suggest otherwise. The party is dedicated to racing as rapidly as possible to destruction of organized human life. There is no historical precedent for such a stand.

Is this an exaggeration? Consider what we have just been witnessing.

During the Republican primaries, every candidate denied that what is happening is happening—with the exception of the sensible moderates, like Jeb Bush, who said it's all uncertain, but we don't have to do anything because we're producing more natural gas, thanks to fracking. Or John Kasich, who agreed that global warming is taking place, but added that "we are going to burn [coal] in Ohio and we are not going to apologize for it."

The winning candidate, now the president-elect, calls for rapid increase in use of fossil fuels, including coal; dismantling of regulations; rejection of help to developing countries that are seeking to move to sustainable energy; and in general, racing to the cliff as fast as possible.

Trump has already taken steps to dismantle the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) by placing in charge of the EPA transition a notorious (and proud) climate change denier, Myron Ebell. Trump's top adviser on energy, billionaire oil executive Harold Hamm, announced his expectations, which were predictable: dismantling regulations, tax cuts for the industry (and the wealthy and corporate sector generally), more fossil fuel production, lifting Obama's temporary block on the Dakota Access Pipeline.

The market reacted quickly. Shares in energy corporations boomed, including the world's largest coal miner, Peabody Energy, which had filed for bankruptcy, but after Trump's victory, registered a 50 percent gain.

Follow the link to read the complete article.

http://www.ecowatch.com/noam-chomsky...&ts=1483369509

Trump tweets his anger that Kellyanne Conway interview cut short

President-elect Donald Trump lashed out on Twitter on Sunday against NBC's Meet the Press, saying the show edited out nine minutes of a 10-minute interview that host Chuck Todd did with Kellyanne Conway, Trump's top counselor.

"Kellyanne Conway went to @MeetThePress this morning for an interview with @chucktodd. Dishonest media cut out 9 of her 10 minutes. Terrible!," Trump tweeted.

Meet the Press tweeted out a link to the full interview with Conway, which Trump then re-tweeted.

Conway, who served as Trump's campaign manager before being chosen as his top adviser, appeared on Meet the Press on Sunday morning to discuss Russia's attempt to interfere with the U.S. presidential campaign by hacking the Democratic National Committee and other political groups.The U.S. intelligence community issued a report Friday concluding that Russians were trying to help Trump and hurt Democrat Hillary Clinton.

Asked if Trump accepts the report's conclusion Conway said, "Look, we don't want any foreign government to interfere in the U.S."

"This man, Donald Trump, ran successfully on America first and he means it in every respect of the term," she said. "In terms of Russia...they did not succeed in throwing the election to Donald Trump. That's very clear in this report...There is no evidence that Russia succeeded in any alleged attempt to disrupt our democracy or in fact to influence the election results."

Conway clashed with Todd when she went on to claim that "respectfully, many in the mainstream media also tried to attempt to influence our election results for Hillary Clinton."

Todd responded: "Wait a minute, let's not conflate here the crutch of always trying to attack the media."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...LxK?li=BBnb7Kz

I think we're learning that there's a difference between "I want to be President" and "I want everyone to listen to me when I say something."
Yeah. Hes not only divided the Republicans like a bandsaw, but is distancing himself from as many groups/people that wont conform to him. Im not even exaggerating.

Ex-CIA Chief talked to him of his Twitter use...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...0QR?li=BBnb7Kz

Im guessing hes gonna be impeached within 2 years. We should start a betting pool, and place markers for when, or if, it happens.

Given how unpredictable politics has been lately (like how Trump actually won), if Trump does get impeach, I'm predicting it will happen in 2019 and the reason will be something way out of left field - like some sort of conspiracy involving a(n) (inter)national issue that hasn't fully developed yet.

To go along with the theme of Trump's personality, here is a good article from Slate. I think they've nailed it on the head. The problem is while it's a good lesson for those opposed to him on how to get him to see the light, these methods can be used also by those closest to him who have radical agendas. We'll have to see how it all works out and hope for the best.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ald_trump.html

He's an emotional weakling, and his recent interviews give us models for dealing with it.

Yeah, we saw that a lot during the campaign, where he'd literally say someone was an awful loser any time they criticized him, but sang their praises, with no sense of irony, when they said anything supportive.

It's not based on a belief system. It's not about what's true or false, or fair or unfair. It's just straight-up "did they help me?" or "were they nice to me?" Which is pretty much the last value system you'd want if you're ostensibly trying to fight corruption/cronyism.

More on all that "fighting corruption" stuff:

The Trump Organization will also refrain from entering into any new deals with foreign partners, his legal advisers said, backing off from an earlier claim by Mr. Trump that his company would have “no new deals” of any kind during his presidency.

Sorry for any interruption in intelligent discourse...

....please go back to your regular programming.

Love this, CNN clowned themselves by picking up some garbage from Buzz Feed