Jerry Lewis: His Most Intimate Interview Ever!

Tools    

Jerry Lewis, who praised Donald Trump, and who has a reputation for being cruel and nasty to people, and who is also 90 years old... has just done the interview of a lifetime with The Hollywood Reporter.

He EXPLAINS IT ALL.

Click here to go to The Hollywood Reporter to watch the video and learn everything from your Grandpa Jerry Lewis!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jerry.JPG
Views:	475
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	28160   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jerry2.jpg
Views:	904
Size:	314.4 KB
ID:	28161  

OK, I just watched this Sexy and I can't remember a more squirm worthy seven minutes ever...that was just painful to watch, on so many levels I don't even know where to begin...this man is 90 years old and should be thrilled that anyone is interested in talking to him about anything and he acted like the whole thing was just a huge inconvenience to him, that is when he was actually aware of what was going on...the man is clearly dealing with senility and in complete denial about it. There were questions he was asked where he didn't really understand what he was being asked but his arrogance kept him from showing it. The few answers he did provide I didn't buy...I don't believe for one minute that his work with Dean Martin was the favorite part of his career and I don't believe that Las Vegas audiences have been exactly the same since 1947. The man was unspeakably rude to the interviewer and after watching this, I want to remove all Jerry Lewis films from my watchlist...this interview produced equal doses of heartbreak and anger.

...the man is clearly dealing with senility and in complete denial about it.
I get the impression that Jerry Lewis probably doesn't have a lot of time left on this Earth. Don't call me psychic here -- I am aware I'm talking about a 90 year old man. But I'll be surprised if he makes it to a good 99/almost 100, like Zsa Zsa did. He could go next year. Maybe he makes it to 91, 92, maybe 93, maybe even 94. But not further. 95 - absolute max. I'll probably be proven wrong and he lives to be 116. Though it's usually women who live to be that long, not men.

Originally Posted by Gideon58
...I don't believe for one minute that his work with Dean Martin was the favorite part of his career
I don't know a lot about this man,
but he did write a book called Dean & Me: A Love Story.

Originally Posted by Gideon58
The man was unspeakably rude to the interviewer and after watching this, I want to remove all Jerry Lewis films from my watchlist...
It does the opposite for me -- I wanna see his movies now!

But I understand how you feel.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	dm.JPG
Views:	387
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	28162  

He probably just dislikesThe Hollywood Reporter and thought the interviewer asked stupid questions. No biggy. The result is immensely funny. I think I love him even more now than I already did.

The man was unspeakably rude to the interviewer and after watching this, I want to remove all Jerry Lewis films from my watchlist...this interview produced equal doses of heartbreak and anger.

Gideon, embrace the heartbreak. The ravages of age know no mercy. They may be a bit easier to take for those with money, but no amount of money can decrease the physical pain or the mental torture of degrading function of one's mind.

I'm not going to defend the man Lewis was as he was a known work-a-holic, control freak, drug addict, and often spoke his mind in a blatantly honest but arrogant fashion. Many said the role he played in The King of Comedy (as the rude & arrogant Jerry Langford) was one of the closest to his own personality.

Other things said about him: he was a film-making innovator and ground-breaking director, comedic genius, dedicated family man, tireless campaigner to raise money for muscular dystrophy (gaining him nomination for a Nobel Prize), and has suffered chronic pain from a back injury (leading to his drug addiction), has gone through addiction recovery, suffers from diabetes, pulmonary fibrosis & has had several heart attacks - which, combined with his age, may contribute to his cantankerous attitude.