2017 S.A.G. Awards, Film

Tools    

The nominees in the feature film categories for the Screen Actors Guild Awards...

BEST CAST
Captain Fantastic
Fences
Hidden Figures
Manchester by the Sea
Moonlight

BEST ACTOR
Casey Affleck, Manchester by the Sea
Andrew Garfield, Hacksaw Ridge
Ryan Gosling, La La Land
Viggo Mortensen, Captain Fantastic
Denzel Washington, Fences

BEST ACTRESS
Amy Adams, Arrival
Emily Blunt, The Girl on the Train
Natalie Portman, Jackie
Emma Stone, La La Land
Meryl Streep, Florence Foster Jenkins

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Mahershala Ali, Moonlight
Jeff Bridges, Hell or High Water
Hugh Grant, Florence Foster Jenkins
Lucas Hedges, Manchester by the Sea
Dev Patel, Lion

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Viola Davis, Fences
Naomi Harris, Moonlight
Nicole Kidman, Lion
Octavia Spencer, Hidden Figures
Michelle Williams, Manchester by the Sea

BEST STUNT ENSEMBLE
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Hacksaw Ridge
Jason Bourne
Nocturnal Animals

Winners announced Sunday January 29th, 2017.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Boooooooooo.......John Goodman from 10 Cloverfield Lane was the best supporting role this year.

I guess I'll just have to wait for the Mofo Film Awards to correct this.

Suspect's Reviews

Boooooooooo.......John Goodman from 10 Cloverfield Lane was the best supporting role this year.
My favorite isn't going to get any big nominations, either: Alden Ehrenreich as Hobie Doyle in the Coen Brothers' Hail, Caesar!. I wasn't as ga-ga for that movie as I thought I would be, but I adored every second his character was on screen.

According to Wiki it started in 2007 when The Bourne Ultimatum won - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen...Motion_Picture

Edit: Wait, why was Nocturnal Animals nominated for that? I don't know anything about that film i thought it was a drama; apparently it is a psychological thriller why would it need an i'm assuming impressive stunt ensemble?

Edit: Wait, why was Nocturnal Animals nominated for [Best Stunt Ensemble]? I don't know anything about that film i thought it was a drama; apparently it is a psychological thriller why would it need an I'm assuming impressive stunt ensemble?
I have no idea? There are some stunts. There is a little gunplay in Nocturnal Animals, but even compared to something like Hell or High Water much less a full on action-oriented spectacle like Deadpool, Star Trek Beyond, The Magnificent Seven, or any other number of projects where stunts are prevalent, it's baffling why that movie was singled out in this category.

The winners...

BEST CAST
Hidden Figures

BEST ACTOR
Denzel Washington, Fences

BEST ACTRESS
Emma Stone, La La Land

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Mahershala Ali, Moonlight

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Viola Davis, Fences

BEST STUNT ENSEMBLE
Hacksaw Ridge

Not a fan of Emma Stone winning
Same here, I honestly think people are just giving it to her because they love the movie, not the performance. There are plenty of better female performances this year.

My favorite isn't going to get any big nominations, either: Alden Ehrenreich as Hobie Doyle in the Coen Brothers' Hail, Caesar!. I wasn't as ga-ga for that movie as I thought I would be, but I adored every second his character was on screen.

Absolutely!