Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Fantastic film that. One of my favourites.
Same.
ONLY
i thought it had too much focuse on the police officer and his personal life when what was interesting was the victim and the widower.
theres an american remake starring nicole kidman i believe,only the victim is her daughter

RATTER (2015)
Thriller Starring Ashley Benson.

This is a suspense thriller (even though its listed as a horror-i dont agree) about a girl who is stalked through her camera on her phone and computer/television.I thought this was really well done,its not for everybody as its not filled with action-some might think its a bit too slow.I thought the acting was really good,and the last half of the movie was great-great voice acting from the parents (who she communicates with through skype)
This is actually really freaky,because i know its a real thing.theres several websites set up where people can watch people whos had their phone,computer,tv,heck even baby monitores hacked.its absolutely sickening.

STOKER
Thriller- Nicole Kidman Matthew Goode

By the trailer I thought i would love this. I have a thing for weird movies,esp if they`re a bit dark. I thought this movie looked beautiful,the shots,the wardrobe,the furnisture,everything. However it just didnt stick with me and i found myself paying more attention to my phone than the movie.it was too slow in the wrong way,as i tend to like slow movies.It felt unengaged and i felt disconnected to it.it definitly picked up a bit midway,but it was sorta too late for me.Beautiful but thats about it.

Lights out
horror

dont waste your time

Drunken Angel (1948)

+

Akira Kurosawa directs the dude from Ikiru who plays a doctor who tries to help a sick yakuza played by Toshiro Mifune. Of course, there's more to the story than that. It's not the director's most powerful or thrilling, and I wasn't crazy about the ending, but there's still a whole lot to like.

Welcome to the human race...
13th -

As of writing, this is the only 2016 film I'd consider to be essential viewing.

Totally agree with your review - I watched this movie last night and was gripped throughout most of it, although I thought the rather weird and unusual twist in the story didn't really add anything to the film - if anything it hindered it.
I've just started a movie review YouTube channel and will review it in full detail on my channel next week, but for those of you who like thrillers, want a relatively straight story that doesn't focus on blood and gore, but want suspension, this movie could be for you...

Don't Breathe

(Fede Alvarez)

Much like the Netflix film Hush, Don't Breathe hooks viewers in with an interesting concept dealing with sense deprivation. 3 teenagers break into an old man's home to steal what they think he has, hundreds of thousands of dollars. They think it will be an easy score because the man is also blind, but what they don't know is that he has some skeletons in his closet.

From Fede Alvarez, who directed the Evil Dead remake, Don't Breathe is a thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat with anticipation. Unique elements keep the film afloat and will have you changing from scene to scene who you are rooting for. Alvarez, right from the start, shows us how these kids are unlikable. Breaking into a home, stealing the right amount of things so it's not grand larceny, pissing all over the floor for the hell of it. These three are not really likable. Then we see a softer side of, well, at least two of them. Rocky is living at a trailer home with her drunk and irresponsible mother. She is the only one looking after her little sister. Alex is in love with her and will do whatever he can to make sure she gets out of that hell hole. The third guy is Money...yes, that is his name. He has next to no redeeming qualities about him.

Stephen Land, from Avatar, plays the Blind Man. He has the right amount of menace for someone lacking sight. He's set up his home to be beneficial to him, leaving the kids at the disadvantage. Numerous times I did not know where the film was going to go and that added to the enjoyment of it. One particular out of nowhere sequence comes about halfway through. I won't spoil what it is, just know that it is random, weird and out of left field. It spoiled the film for my friend, but added to the absurdity of the premise to me.

Competent direction and good acting help keep the viewers attention. A good concept can only go so far, you need good execution, which this film has. Recommended to those who are looking for a good thriller with very little, if any gore. The film is more concerned with tension than blood. Which is a nice surprise these days.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (2016)

Eva Green is a Godess.

Zero Days -
+

This was my twelfth Alex Gibney doc and i would put it in the top half. I remember when Stuxnet, the assassination of the Iranian nuclear scientists, and other events here were in the news but i didn't really pay attention to or study them. So most of this was knew to me, not sure exactly what was true or accurately relayed here but either way it was a fascinating and scary documentary.

WARNING: "zero days" spoilers below
I did feel a little cheated with the actor revelation, especially when that's what i thought right away.

Devil at the door
horror

i accidentely bought this when i was looking for a new movie to watch,i was supposed to watch the trailer.
This is quite possibly the worst movie i have ever seen.Id rather sit through from justin to kelly and glitter back to back. The acting is so horrendous i dont even have the words for it,the filming is bad,the editing is bad,the dialogue is HORRIFIC.I dont think the person who wrote it has had alot of human interaction because they clearly have no idea how people talk or behave.
This was such a waste of money,im actually pretty furious
its so ***** i couldnt even find pics of it on google

All that comes up when i search for that is At The Devil's Door - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2597242/
I don't know about her movie (if it exists ), but her review could just as easily qualify here.

Sounds like Tommy Wiseau did horror especially this part;

I dont think the person who wrote it has had alot of human interaction because they clearly have no idea how people talk or behave.

Cross of Iron (1977) -

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Enlighten Us - The Rise and Fall of James Arthur Ray

CNN has been doing a lot of documentaries - I'd recommend it. I think many (if not all) of the "self-help gurus" are baloney, but I like to see how/why people go to these meetings. One guy said he and his wife paid $100,000 a YEAR for stuff the obvious.