Blow Your Mind - Movie Theories

Tools    

Post here your theories about movies, that you think some, or many, people haven’t noticed.

As an example, I was just sitting watching the Jurassic Park foursome, and I got onto JP3…

… and I just twigged...

The little babba Rex from The Lost World who got its leg broken and was used as bait, and was then used as bait in San Francisco as well… who then ate Hammond’s Nephew… is an ill-fated creature to say the least.

In JP3, there’s a lone Rex that the group come across who then chases the group and then has a showdown with the Spinosaur, and has its neck snapped like a twig.

My theory, is that was the baby Rex from TLW.

So, along with having its leg bust at a few weeks old and being maltreated by Ingen in San Fran and got drugged and used as a cash-grab, it was then returned to Isla Sorna and ended up alone... my other theory is the parents were killed by the Spino off-screen… and then ends up being led into a brawl and killed by the same Dino that killed its parents.

Poor thing.

You got any more blow your mind theories about movies?
I think I remember seeing one somewhere about Andy's Mom in Toy Story being the little girl who broke Jessie's heart years before.

That's a cool theory. Also wondered what happened to the SpinoSaurus after JP3. If JW is after JP3, did it get killed by the company when they went to Isla Sorna? Or is Isla Sorna still left alone and is still roaming around?

Well, the franchise flits between islands.
JP - Nublar
TLW - Sorna
JP3 - Sorna
JW - Nublar

I reckon the Spino is still there. Gotta be room there to return in the 5th movie I reckon.

Ok, gonna add another... this one has been about for a bit though.

James Bond 007. Is simply... a Code Name. Which is why he looks different in the movies. He is a different person, who acts different with each incarnation.
The person using the name, is simply the replacement "James Bond".

Nah theyda said that was the case with "James Bond" by now, but it makes sense since Sean Connery is the only true Bond, James Bond.

Welcome to the human race...
WARNING: "The Shawshank Redemption" spoilers below
Andy Dufresne was guilty of his original crime all along and his "going to prison to become a crook" allows him a new outlet for him to channel his remorseless criminality. He proves really good at manipulating others for his benefit (i.e. the schemes with Norton and the guards) and getting rid of them if they threaten his operation in any way. Not only does this include Norton and Hadley for obvious reasons, but also Tommy - who would testify for Andy's innocence and upset his operation, so he subtly convinces an unassuming Norton to have Tommy killed - and Red. Red's knowledge of Andy's operation made him into a loose end, so Andy bribed the parole board to let Red go in spite of Red's harsh monologue. The film ends with the camera panning away from the beach just as the two men reunite, potentially to avoid showing Andy killing Red himself just to be sure.

Also, John Bender is actually from a financially well-off but emotionally distant family and makes up all his stories of living in an abusive white-trash household in order to rebel.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
The Blair witch project is real.....it's a big cover up by a major religious org as the footage leaked. Cut from the final shots the witch is revealed to be the ex nun Valek from the conjuring 2 which is also real.... hence the cover up. hahaha

WARNING: "Star Trek: Generations" spoilers below
Picard never actually left the Nexus, which meant that his victory over Soran and subsequent adventures in First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis were all part of the Nexus granting him his innermost wishes (such as defeating the Borg once and for all or seeing Riker and Troi get married.

Another that's been around for a bit...

E.T is a Jedi.
He can move things with his mind, he learns our language easily, is able to connect to another person's mind... his species appeared in Episode I, and... during the trick or treat scene he recognises a kid dressed as Yoda as says "home".

The Joker in the Nolan-verse is said by some to be an Iraq War Veteran.

His torture scars and his psyche of not fearing death or pain, he even laughs whenever he's getting the crap kicked out of him... and his disgust while talking about when a Mayor is merely threatened, people lose their minds, but if a truck of soldiers is blown up, nobody bats an eyelid.

Boldly going.
Darth Vader let the Death Star be destroyed in Star Wars: A New Hope...

1. At the beginning of Ep. 4, Vader was arguing with his colleagues that they should not put "too much faith in the technological terror you've constructed," and instead talked about how the Death Star is "insignificant" next to the power of the dark side of the Force.

2. At the time of Ep. 4, The only person who out-ranks Vader was Grand Moff Tarkin. The governor dies in the destruction of the Death Star. We know that Vader was interested in ruling the galaxy from what he shares with Luke in Ep.
Five: "We can rule the galaxy as father and son." This was a way for Vader to get rid of Tarkin, without getting his hands bloody. Vader knew that Tarkin was too stubborn to evacuate.

3. It was Vader's idea to let the Millenium Falcon go, to return the stolen plans to the rebels. This of course, directly lead to the Battle of Yavin and the destruction of the Death Star.

4. Vader knew he could escape the destruction of the Death Star by being in his ship when it happened. How nice that his ship had hyperspace capabilities, as well.

5. Vader seemed to really fowl up when he was targeting Luke. This is odd when we consider Vader's legendary piloting skills vs. Luke's limited piloting skills. The solution: Vader knew the "Force is strong with this one," so he let him get the shot.

6. It's just like a member of the Sith to betray his own. Count Dooku talked about it too.

Boldly going.
In Beowulf (2007), Grendell's mother was an extra-terrestrial. If you look at her lair, especially the walls, they look like the insides of a spaceship. She also shoots Grendell's corpse off a table with what appears to be a laser. Furthermore, she seems to use holograms, disintegration and shape-shifting technology.

Also, John Bender is actually from a financially well-off but emotionally distant family and makes up all his stories of living in an abusive white-trash household in order to rebel.
I can totally get behind this one because I've always felt that the lifestyle Bender tries to project in the film borders on the cliche.

WARNING: "The Shawshank Redemption" spoilers below
Andy Dufresne was guilty of his original crime all along and his "going to prison to become a crook" allows him a new outlet for him to channel his remorseless criminality. He proves really good at manipulating others for his benefit (i.e. the schemes with Norton and the guards) and getting rid of them if they threaten his operation in any way. Not only does this include Norton and Hadley for obvious reasons, but also Tommy - who would testify for Andy's innocence and upset his operation, so he subtly convinces an unassuming Norton to have Tommy killed - and Red. Red's knowledge of Andy's operation made him into a loose end, so Andy bribed the parole board to let Red go in spite of Red's harsh monologue. The film ends with the camera panning away from the beach just as the two men reunite, potentially to avoid showing Andy killing Red himself just to be sure.

Completely unconvinced about the Shawshank theory, but the John Bender one really does fit.

I can totally get behind this one because I've always felt that the lifestyle Bender tries to project in the film borders on the cliche.
Heh, that's John Hughes for you.

It's worth noting that Bender is the only character who shows up to school on his own instead of being dropped off by a parent, which allows us to get a glimpse into the other characters' home lives but not into his. I just have to wonder whether or not Bender being the biggest "pretender" actually works for the movie, especially since he spends the whole movie telling the others that he's the only one of them who's honest with himself about who he is.

Completely unconvinced about the Shawshank theory, but the John Bender one really does fit.
Clearly, Andy has you fooled as well.

Post here your theories about movies, that you think some, or many, people haven’t noticed.

As an example, I was just sitting watching the Jurassic Park foursome, and I got onto JP3…

… and I just twigged...

The little babba Rex from The Lost World who got its leg broken and was used as bait, and was then used as bait in San Francisco as well… who then ate Hammond’s Nephew… is an ill-fated creature to say the least.

In JP3, there’s a lone Rex that the group come across who then chases the group and then has a showdown with the Spinosaur, and has its neck snapped like a twig.

My theory, is that was the baby Rex from TLW.

So, along with having its leg bust at a few weeks old and being maltreated by Ingen in San Fran and got drugged and used as a cash-grab, it was then returned to Isla Sorna and ended up alone... my other theory is the parents were killed by the Spino off-screen… and then ends up being led into a brawl and killed by the same Dino that killed its parents.

Poor thing.

You got any more blow your mind theories about movies?
I think I remember seeing one somewhere about Andy's Mom in Toy Story being the little girl who broke Jessie's heart years before.
Nice theory Mouse

The Neon Demon:

WARNING: spoilers below
When Jesse got the knife stuck in her throat by Keanu Reeves, she was actually murdered by him. And the next scene is her, detached from reality listening to her own murder in the next room, with the rest of the movie being a metaphor for her either being in purgatory or being an entire dream sequence of the events that led up to her death. This is beautifully captured by the Director when he shows her standing on the diving board in the swimming pool

You could practically do a separate thread dedicated to films that can be partially/completely interpreted as

WARNING: "" spoilers below
a character having a dying dream