How to move to Canada and become a Canadian citizen

Tools    

I am white by the way.

You clearly did not understand my point above: "disliking animation because it is made in Japan" is clearly racism against the Japanese people. It's the same as saying that you "dislike a movie that was directed by a white person because that person is white".

This is obvious and there is no way to negotiate that besides admitting that it IS racism!

And if you like for me to stop "insulting" your country you need to ask for Yoda to ban me. I don't think, however, that I am insulting the US by just explaining that indeed, racism is a deep problem in the US: the word "racism" was invented in the US by the way.

Racism in Anglo-Saxon America comes from the British who were much more discriminating than the Portuguese and Spanish, the latter did not care about the color of the skin of the colonists (and they had kids with everybody, that's why most Latin Americans are mixed while most Anglo Saxon Americans are white) while the British managed to maintain a clear white lineage through centuries. I am white due to accident actually because most of my cousins are not white.

For example: Holden Pike never watched "Gunbuster" he only knew it was Japanese and was animated and he called it "anime". Also by associating "anime" with me and therefore my favorite works of animation, my favorite lists which contains many styles, he obviously was using the term in it's ethnic sense and not in it's "style sense" (WTF that might mean).
Actually, it's pretty easy to guess that people who "dislike anime" tend to be conservative and vote Republican while the animation fans would tend to vote democrat or libertarian.
Holden's a Democrat.

I just noticed that you've added a bunch to your old posts.

I am white by the way.
I am white due to accident actually because most of my cousins are not white.
OK, I will add this in. What do you mean that you are white by accident? Also, yes, I've seen your picture. Don't you remember that? I complemented you. You seemed so damn sweet. Now you act like you hate this entire board and all of America.

You clearly did not understand my point above: "disliking animation because it is made in Japan" is clearly racism against the Japanese people. This is obvious and there is no way to negotiate that.
I get your point. You aren't getting my point. I said they simply don't like it. You are the one saying that they don't like it, because it's from Japan. Make me a list of member's names, with their quotes, on every member here that has said they hate Anime, simply because it is made in Japan. Don't talk around this. Just go get the quotes. That's what you keep saying. This board is racist. Prove it by showing me that they said they hate Anime, because it's from Japan.

You also added in about the word racism, and where it originated from. I read that the English word originated from the French word racisme in 1865 -1870. http://www.dictionary.com/browse/racism

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say, but it feels like you are trying to say that racism itself started in America.

I said "tend" not "always", read more carefully. Also, I am not sure Holden actually thinks he "dislikes anime" because he had Akira in his top 25 animations for the HoF.
I'm not going to worry about this, because who are we kidding . . . You seem to hate every Rep and Demo on this board. What's it matter!?!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Following your mindset, since you dislike the "americanized" tastes of most MoFos. you're a racist.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

No I didn't say that: for the 100th time, STOP PUTTING WORDS INTO MY MOUTH
You mentioned "tastes are a part of who we are" in response to what I said about personal attacks. Why do that, if you actually agreed? The only reason to say that is if you're disagreeing. Any other interpretation involves assuming you were mentioning it for no real reason.

Thing is: he ACCEPTED another sequel: Madagascar 2. So that excuse is completely invalid: if they rejected my nomination for "technical" grounds he would have rejected Madagascar 2. Therefore the "technical" argument is moot.
...or he agrees that one is contingent on viewing the other films in the series and one isn't. Either way, it shatters the idea that this is all based on ignorance or xenophobia. Which you appear to assume almost immediately when there's a conflict, which is a lazy response that dilutes the seriousness of the charge.

True that. Many people here have very narrow ideas of what a movie is supposed to be and then when the movie fails to satisfy they prejudiced notions of what a movie is supposed to be they don't like it.
The point is, this is how you talk to people when they don't like what you do, and the fact that you don't literally say you're talking about them is not much of a defense. The fact that you say, right to their faces, "someone" instead of "you," but then describe what you think they're doing, isn't much of a smokescreen. Which means you've frequently ascribed people's disagreements to their being American, which meets your own definition of bigotry.

So, that's 9 styles. Which one of these 9 is your so called "anime"? If 1 is "anime" the other 8 are not "anime". Or maybe it refers to another style than these 9?
This doesn't matter at all. What matters is that this explains that other people are using the word differently than you, and therefore are not using it in the way that would suggest bigotry. This, again, according to a source of your own choosing.

Thing is, nobody who is serious about animation uses "anime" to mean a style because it's bigotry to think that Japan's animation is all the same anyway. There is no such thing "anime style" which comes as obvious to a person who is not ignorant about animation.
...and if you were just calling people ignorant, that might mean something. But you're not. You're calling them bigots. And that position is not defended in any way by explaining that there are different aesthetic styles or that people don't know much about them. In fact, that's more an argument the other way (see below).

Because from people's reactions here they appear to use "anime" to mean "any style of drawing portraying females with exaggerated facial features." Sometimes they use the term "anime" to mean "animated TV show featuring fantasy and action".
I'd say broader than that, but yes, something starting there is probably how most people here are using it. The important point being that they're not using it to encompass anything made by a Japanese animator.

Not true. In this forum the term anime is used to means all animation made by the Japanese people.
What on earth is this based on? Your entire argument hinges on this, yet you provide no evidence to support it.

Also, you just said, in the quote above: "...from people's reactions here they appear to use 'anime' to mean 'any style of drawing portraying females with exaggerated facial features.'" So which is it? Are the people here using it to mean all animation made by Japanese people, or the style you just described?

Notice what you're trying to do here: you're trying to claim two mutually exclusive things, so you can criticize people in mutually exclusive ways. You are simultaneously saying that people are bigoted because when they say "anime" they're talking about any Japanese animation, but they're also ignorant because when they talk about "anime" they just mean "females with exaggerated facial features." It can't be both.

Of course, since most people here are completely clueless about Japanese comics and animation they think everything these yellow people draw looks the same so they think that there is such an "anime style", which is, again, bigotry.

Thinking that all Japanese animation follows the same style is like thinking that all Jewish people think in the same way.
This is nonsense. Different cultures have different aesthetic tastes, and they are often identifiable as such. Thinking there's a "style" of anime may be incorrect (or, less incendiary, just a little simplistic), but it's not bigoted.

There's a clear difference between thinking everything from a culture is identical (which is a straw man), and thinking much art from a culture shares some aesthetic similarities. For example, despite the wide range of styles in the screenshots you posted, most people, whether fans of anime or not, would be able to identify most of them as Japanese in origin, yes? That would only be possible if they had a handle on some kind of similarity in style between them.

Please note the very Anglo-Saxon author name. Of course he probably has white cousins and that is what has made him such a bigot.

Thing is, Trump is a proof of how deeply racism is America. You have clearly a man who says "he is going to deport millions of these Mexican rapists" out your "our country" and build a wall isolating the "white Germanic America" from the "barbarian half-white-half-aztec Mexico". He promised to cut imports and manufacturing things inside the US as well, which is also a form of "economic xenophobia".

So many of the people who voted for Trump want to see the US isolating itself from the world, they are deeply xenophobic and bigoted people who don't "like" people who speak a language different than they do and who don't "like" people who look different than they do and they don't "like" animation that is made in different "style" than the animation that the fellow Germanic white Americans make (since if one thing can be used to refer to "anime style" is the fact that none of the dozens of comic art styles used in Japan looks exactly the same as an American comic or cartoon art style).

Actually, it's pretty easy to guess that people who "dislike anime" tend to be conservative and vote Republican while the animation fans would tend to vote democrat or libertarian.
Well if you follow the election threads youd know I am not a Trump supporter. I abhor what he fuels, and that is division.

You are causing division. You are making the same mistake as the Clinton campaign and fighting it by going negative. Exposing all possible flaws, over and over again. I know, I did, I couldnt NOT find an article that showed Trump was a phony. I had to pick and choose which to post. In the end her tactics, and mine didnt help. Its not the truth which inspires people, but people, she simply wasnt approachable. Bernie would have beat him because hes more likable. What we like, our sentimentality, is what guides us.

Movie Forums is not a prejudiced website, you do not know what youre talking about. Youve been here nearly 4 years and by now absolutely should. People uninterested in animation are not bigots or prejudiced. People that like animation but are ignorant of the genres are not prejudiced. People that hate people for being different are prejudiced.

I am not trying to be funny or glib Guap, but you are coming off as more prejudiced than anyone here. To an irrational degree. Its soiling all interactions you have because "Its not what you say, but how you say it." You pointing out our lack of interest in animation is fueling that disinterest. Best to just enjoy it, and say why you do. You cant tell people to do or think anything, just tell your own thoughts, why you liked the particular film, genre. Then they will hear you. Its alot harder because it requires true patience, but its really what inspires people here.

Say one active user that is not white.
Me.

Or when Miss Vicky said back in 2012 that they should just block "Japanese animation" (not "anime") from being nominated in the HoF. That's ethnic discrimination in the face.
Show me the direct quote for this.

ETA: I tried searching using a few different parameters and found nothing. I didn't even start participating in the Hall of Fame until 2014, so I think you may be mistaking me for someone else.

Also Funny Face is not white, though I don't know if she would fit your definition of "active" since she's not online that much.

Gatsby isn't white either.

OK, I will add this in. What do you mean that you are white by accident?
In Brazil most people are mixed, it's rare for people to be white.

Also, yes, I've seen your picture. Don't you remember that? I complemented you. You seemed so damn sweet. Now you act like you hate this entire board and all of America.
I don't "hate this board" I don't "hate America", but you guys are surely trying hard to be hated.

I get your point. You aren't getting my point. I said they simply don't like it. You are the one saying that they don't like it, because it's from Japan.
Bod never had any black friends, Bob never talks to blacks, Bob never listens to any music by black musicians or read any book by a black author.

But, Bob is not racist he just doesn't like them, these black people.

Just conceiving that someone might "dislike anime" is already racist. It's ANIMATION, if you don't like ANIMATION you don't like Japanese animation if you like Japanese animation you like animation. That's it.

You are conceiving in the possibility that a person might dislike an animation just because it's Japanese. It's like saying someone dislikes Jews or dislikes blacks because they are Jews or blacks.

[quote[Make me a list of member's names, with their quotes, on every member here that has said they hate Anime, simply because it is made in Japan. Don't talk around this. Just go get the quotes.[/quote]

You already said here that you dislike anime and thinks people who like anime are immature.

It's like saying "I don't like these white-people's movies and people who like them are immature".

So you already proved you are racist and you also insulted people who like animation.

That's what you keep saying. This board is racist. Prove it by showing me that they said they hate Anime, because it's from Japan.
I never claimed this board is racist. However, some people here indeed are.

Now, I think a person has the right to be racist. That's part of a person's freedom of though. I don't think that's nice or correct, though.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say, but it feels like you are trying to say that racism itself started in America.
Well, America is indeed one of the most racist societies in the planet.

So should we all just ignore the fact that most of the people you claim are racist are in the Animation HOF where 3 other Anime Films have been nominated and they've all had good receptions? The Anime Films that have got the harshest receptions here are ones you've nominated that have been either Magical Girl Anime or K-On which is about a teenage girl band i believe. Ghibli, Kon, Shinkai, Night On The Galactic Railroad, Wolf Children, etc, have had pretty good receptions here for the most part. I think it is more a problem with the specific type of Anime films you watch not being well recieved here, and i think it has led to some ignorant comments sometimes but mostly because you have a terrible way of getting a point across. It often sounds more like a lecture on why we should have liked it. Basically most of the hostility towards Anime here stems from you, must be a coincidence.

I'm still waiting on the direct quote from 2012 where I allegedly said that Japanese animation should be banned from the HOF, even though I didn't join my first HOF until 2014.

I've been informed by Guap that I'm on his Ignore list. How convenient that when I ask him to support his baseless accusations, he claims he "can't read" my post.

Thats so messed up! Youre japanese ancestory, probably the most non-white person here, hes angry at whitey, and puts you on Ignore?! wtf!? I cant even think of an analogy for that.

Edit in - Oh yeah and ashdoc

but you guys are surely trying hard to be hated.
I've never had to try. It's just a gift.

I never said a single one of those statements up there that you are claiming I did. I simply asked you to prove your statement, which you can't. If you could, you wouldn't have put Miss Vicky on your blocked list. If you could, you wouldn't have done exactly what I asked you not to do. You wouldn't have blabbed on and on, while NOT posting those names and quotes I asked you for. Give it up kid. There's not a single prejudice bone in my body. Most of my friends are black. I've dated black men, and when they made me take an online test, I scored 100% black. Which is why my next question is . . . Who the **** is Bob?!?

This turned out to be a very interesting thread (especially finding out Miss Vicky is a hot Asian chick! Does Mr. Minio know about this?)
Of all the Asian races, Id say Phillipino girls are #1, then Japanese girls #2, and then the rest. Hawaiian girls though are probably the prettiest girls in the world. Gotta attribute the Japanese some towards that.

Something Guap said (I think it was this...) "Racism in Anglo-Saxon America comes from the British who were much more discriminating than the Portuguese and Spanish, the latter did not care about the color of the skin of the colonists (and they had kids with everybody, that's why most Latin Americans are mixed while most Anglo Saxon Americans are white) while the British managed to maintain a clear white lineage through centuries."

...reminded me of a situation when I was out to lunch with some co-workers and the conversation turned racial. One guy there was a very young man from Nicaragua and I said something about Latinos being a "relatively young race" (relative compared to Africans, Asians or Caucasians).

My Nicaraguan friend asked what I meant by that. So I said, you know the Latino race is only about 500 years old - from when the Spaniards invaded Central & South America and intermingled with the Native Americans, creating the peoples we now call "Latinos"?

He got all offended and asked what the *bleep* I was talking about. And I said, you know - history. You know how Columbus landed in 1492? He was on a mission for Spain? Then the Spanish, the Conquistadors came? They invaded Central America? Brought disease, slaughtered natives, raped and pillaged? Forced their language and religion on the native peoples?

The guy just kept shaking his head and asked where I was getting all this from. So again I explained - history.
He was like, "We're Latino and speak Spanish because we are descended from the Spanish." And I said, "Right! The Spanish who came to America and intermingled with the natives, which gave Latinos a distinct look... a cross between the native Americans that were already living in Central America and the Spanish... because Spaniards from Europe are not all dark skinned, dark haired and swarthy, but are basically Caucasians."

Then he asked me why I was such a racist - because only a racist would make up these kinds of lies!