2016 MoFies Discussion

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
How about we simply re-post the awards and winners from last year...since it's the same people over and over. Save everyone the trouble.

Suspect's Reviews

How about we simply re-post the awards and winners from last year...since it's the same people over and over. Save everyone the trouble.
Maybe we should shake this up and make a rule change..

If someone won last year they are not eligible to win this year.

Coolest MoFo two time in a row? To Be Determined...

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Maybe we should shake this up and make a rule change..

If someone won last year they are not eligible to win this year.
Maybe we could just gave fewer categories? I remember some of them were basically the same just worded slightly differently.

Nevertheless, I love the MoFies, they were so much fun! It'd be a shame to see them go I think.

But I quite like the idea of winners not being eligible for this year, CR!

Welcome to the human race...
A couple ideas for new categories-

Best taste in film

Lifetime achievement award
I suggest "biggest snob"/"biggest pleb".

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Just before we post the new thread and open nominations, we were thinking of perhaps changing some of the categories, since a few didn't receive many nominations, or because they're quite similar to other categories, and we'd like to know what you think!

Changing "Best Post" to "Most Memorable Post"
Since this only received 2 noms last year, we thought it could be a good idea to change it so that we could incorporate posts that were funny, controversial etc. so that a wider variety of posts could be drawn upon!

Getting rid of "Most improved Mofo" "You're a Good Sport" and "MoFo overachiever"
We sort of felt these were a little bit vague, and because there are similar categories out there already, and they didn't receive a lot of noms, maybe they could be left out?

Changing "Master of Movies" into "Best Taste/Film Connoisseur"
We felt best taste was something more easy to define really, since master of movies seems a little vague.

Combining "Ray of Sunshine" and "Thank you for being my friend"
Not quite sure what exactly we could change it to, but something like "MoFo you'd most like to meet in real life" or "Friendliest MoFo" could be a good meeting between these two categories that are quite similar as they are.

Also, should we make last year's winners exempt from being nominated this year to mix things up a little?

Asides from this though, we're almost ready to get this going! so let us know what you think and we can get it set up sooner!

Also, should we make last year's winners exempt from being nominated this year to mix things up a little?
Fine with me.

My own 2 pence... gotta keep "Master Of Movies" as Master Of Movies.

Mark F has won that every year so far... and it's a super category. I'd say that has to stay.

Other than that, the rest of the changes are fine. Master is one of those special ones though.
Bah, I say go with the awards that were in place for the first MoFies, else it seems like a ever changing choices for an event with no identity. Do like the Oscars did, but not as they do.

More input... Master Of Movies, is basically, have they seen it? Yes. Is there a question that nobody else can answer? Yes.

MoM basically covers an extreme knowledge of movies of all genres, all types, all themes, all questions.
The one and only super brain of the year.
Basically this is why Mark F has won it every year so far. It was, inadvertently and unintentionally, made for him.

MoM has to stay as it is. If Mark gets it again, yay, but if not, yay for the new person