The 11th Hall of Fame

Tools    

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Her (Spike Jonze, 2013)

So, this was a rewatch for me, I watched it for the first time with my gf when it came out and it was amazing how much it related to us. The first few years of our 7-year relationship were lived by distance. We sometimes were together every 3, or 4 months which was really difficult. We never stopped loving each other and it was eventually all worth it, because we are now studying/working in the same city and happy as never! So, at the time, this movie had a huge impact on us!
I wanted to rewatch this with her, that's why I waited for so long but she's filled with work and it's hard to predict if she'll have more free time till the deadline so I decided watch it alone.
Surprisingly, or not, it's a whole new experience!!! It's hard for me to think of a character with whom I relate more that with Theodore, especially when me and my gf went through some rough phases. That feeling of confusion, constant boredom and emptiness... Phoenix does an amazing job but most of the credit goes to the script and the direction!!! It's astonishing how well did Spike Jonze captured all those feelings and states of mind! It's everywhere, on the dialogues, on the soundtrack, on the setting... I'm still thinking about the ending, I wanted it to end in a different way but I understand Jonze's decision!

-

BRINGING UP BABY

I used to love movies with real animals because i love animals,till i actually put some second thought into it and realised what life they have behind the scenes,being trained and kept in cages-so now i try to avoid them.
I thought the movie started out well with the two of them meeting,and she basically destroyed every car in sight.That scene is probably my favourite in the whole movie actually,my problem is that the rest of the movie is basically the same.The bickering that went on in the beginning continous throughout and could become a bit tiring and i dont think we get to see any different sides or growth to the characters.I thought Katheryns character could at times be a bit annoying,and very much alike to other female characters from that time-she was bit too aloof for my liking.I did like Cary Grants character though.
it did have some funny moments though like when he first saw the leopard in the bathroom,when she tried to sell him as animal hunter and we see him crawling around trying to catch the dog,and when they realised she was out trying to get the wrong leopart.I didnt like the scenes in jail prior to that at all though.
Overall i thought it was okay but probably a one watch for me.

IDA
Very happy this movie was nominated because otherwise i dont think id ever see it,not because it would have come across as bad or uninteresting to me but simply because i doubt id ever find out about it!
I think its incredibly beautifully and artistically made.like very.It can be bit slow,too slow and almost a bit pretentious but it still works.It slow for a reason and its part of why its beautiful and artistic actually,but its still..slow.
I would have to agree with others who said that part of their favourite was when she took of her nun outfit,just to see her was a big moment.She looked so different.Its hard to pick favourite moments here-i thought it was a bit anxiety ridden lol,and that might just be me but i found myself getting a bit stressed out because you know theres so much going on in her mind.I loved the love story between her and the musician.Maybe that was my favourite part. But then again i loved the journey with her aunt.Speaking of her aunt...that scene was brilliant.
I hated the ending.Not because it was bad,just not what i wanted for her.
And i usually dont like happy endings,but i wanted one here.But then again thats part of why i think the movie was good,it leaves you thinking of it.Rarely do i look up reviews or youtube videos of movies,but this was one where i did just that.

Awesome, that's everyone finished then. Topsy, when you decide to send your list to send a character one if you want, you don't have to though. If you do you can only pick one character from your own nomination.

Raul is sending his character list now. It's 11PM here so i'll do the reveal tomorrow, at the latest Tuesday. Haven't done my double-check yet but as it stands there's no ties.

I might post the best characters tonight.

Looking forward to the results.

Sent my character list.
Going to work out the character one now, i'll post it within the hour hopefully. And i'll do the actual movie results tomorrow. Remember don't expect any great presentation. The characters will be one post including all of the characters that got more than one mention.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
We finished this 20 days earlier, that has to be a record!!! Good job everyone!!!

Will the 12th HoF start immediately? I could use a break, but I didn't want to miss it, so I'll join it eitherway. What's everyone's opinion?

Best Character Award

Winner: Theodore Twombly - Her (Nominated By Miss Vicky, 7 Mentions)

Runners Up: Gay Perry - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (Nominated By Neiba, 6 Mentions), Isaburo Sasahara - Samurai Rebellion (Nominated By Cricket, 6 Mentions), Ida Lebenstein/Anna - Ida (Nominated By MovieMeditation, 6 Mentions)

3rd Place: Alexander "Alex" Kerner - Good Bye, Lenin! (Nominated By CosmicRunaway, 5 Mentions)

4 Mentions: Wanda Gruz - Ida (Nominated By MovieMeditation), Suzy - Moonrise Kingdom (Nominated By Raul)

2 Mentions: Sam - Moonrise Kingdom (Nominated By Raul), Susan Vance - Bringing Up Baby (Nominated By Camo), Na'i - Bashu, The Little Stranger (Nominated By Guaporense), Denis Domaschke - Good Bye Lenin! (Nominated By Cosmic Runaway), George Chen - The Flowers of War (Nominated By Citizen Rules)

Sorry about the really simple presentation guys, as i said i'm not good at that sort of thing. Congrats to Miss Vicky You win this moustache not unlike the one sported by Theodore which we all know is the real reason he won:

It looked like Gay Perry was going to win at one point, but Theodore held out and Ida and Isaburo caught up with him.

Will do the movie reveals tomorrow. There's no ties so it will be one at a time #11 to #3 then #1 and #2 in the same post.