Nicest Character In A Movie?

Tools    

Which ones do you object to?
These are just not characters that pop into my head when I think of the adjective "nice". There hasn't been a single Walt Disney character mentioned here? Or any characters from musicals? Glinda from The Wizard of Oz is the first one I can really get behind.

These are just not characters that pop into my head when I think of the adjective "nice". There hasn't been a single Walt Disney character mentioned here? Or any characters from musicals? Glinda from The Wizard of Oz is the first one I can really get behind.
Which ones specifically don't you think of as nice? And have you seen all of the movies?

Other than a few joke posts there's none from films i've seen at least that i don't think fit that description.

I started thinking of some Disney movies and come up with too many "nice" characters. I've never actually seen Bambi, but who, besides the hunter, isn't nice in that movie?
So I've been thinking of movies where there are not a lot of nice characters, where some can stand out as being nice.

Exactly, Captain. It would be really boring just listing off a bunch of characters from sickly sweet childrens movies or musicals or whatever. It's much more interesting if this nice character is in a dark or cynical or whatever type of film.

Samwise from LOTR, super nice to Frodo. A bit to nice if you know what I mean Did he have an agenda?? Gay?? Haha

Also Spider-Man's a nice geek.
Aunt May is the nicest person in Spider-Man.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Samwise from LOTR, super nice to Frodo. A bit to nice if you know what I mean Did he have an agenda?? Gay?? Haha

Also Spider-Man's a nice geek.
Aunt May is the nicest person in Spider-Man.
If she was so nice she would have been driving Peter to his wrestling show not uncle Ben. She has evil in her, she hired bens killer.

Midshipman Blakeney

Even Mr. Hollum remarks how Blakeney has always been very kind to him...
WARNING: "Oh no!" spoilers below
...before committing suicide by jumping overboard.

If she was so nice she would have been driving Peter to his wrestling show not uncle Ben. She has evil in her, she hired bens killer.
Uncle Ben is definitely the nicest person in Spider-Man movies.

Pirotovich from The Shop Around The Corner (which i watched yesterday)

He's the only constantly nice character in the film; especially evident in the scene where he consoles Stewart when he loses his job. Most of the other characters are likable but he's the only one i'd call "nice". Kralik and Klara are pretty nasty too each other, Matuschek is a harsh boss, Pepi has that phonecall with Matuscheks wife, etc.

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
I wouldn't say he was the nicest character ever in a movie, but the character of Owen in The Way Way Back immediately comes to my mind as a particularly nice guy.. I think one reason he stands out for me is that usually Sam Rockwell plays jerks...

I wouldn't say he was the nicest character ever in a movie, but the character of Owen in The Way Way Back immediately comes to my mind as a particularly nice guy.. I think one reason he stands out for me is that usually Sam Rockwell plays jerks...

I'll second Owen in The Way Way Back...he was so nice that I never really understood what he even saw in the moody little kid at the center of this story.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

Dennis from Teddy Bear.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

The Warrens from Conjuring
The character of Morgan Freeman in "Evan Almighty"
Rocky Balboa in "Rocky 5"
James Marshall in "Air Force One"
James Braddock in "Cinderella Man"