Which filmography do you choose?

Tools    

Yeah.. you can say that. We should have a cartoon discussion sometime. HB, Disney, Nick, Cartoon Network.
I have posted a lot about animation, though only a fraction of these posts involved western animation. My favorite western animations are South Park and Frederick Back's work.

director shumector!!! its all about the actors...............LOL im kidding of course....maybe speilberg he has many greats of many different kinds of films!!!

Interesting question it would be between Tarantino, Hitchcock and Miyazaki.

I have already seen all the Tarantino movies ans he only have 7. In quality I could bring his films, but I would be bored pretty fast.

Hitchcock is my favourite directors, but his movie do not cheer me up

Thats why I would pick Miyazaki because when I Watch his films I am positive and being in that state of mind is the best thing I could ask

It will probably be Ingmar Bergman or Satyajit Ray for similair reasons, I could be taught a lot by them - and they are nice calm films to pass time which I'll need. Something about their style of directage which really makes me feel good inside.

I have posted a lot about animation, though only a fraction of these posts involved western animation. My favorite western animations are South Park and Frederick Back's work.
I love Family Guy!

South Park is also one of my favorite. Liked Simpsons, now its become too mundane!

I'm gonna have to say Spielberg. If I'm gonna be stuck in a cell, I want the company of a master of pure escapism.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

You are condemned to life in prison and you have the opportunity to bring the entire filmography of a only director in the cell.
Which director do you choose?

I bring with me Hitchcock's filmography!
Werner Herzog. I love all the Klaus Kinski ones and I haven't seen his other early films. Mainly it's because his films look so good and are so visually distinctive. I think I'd be quite happy taking his canon into jug.

First of all, this is a fantastic question, and if I had to pick one, one director who would provide enough quality entertainment with enough variety (comedy and drama) with actors that I respect, I'd have to go with Woody Allen.

First thought Hitchcock... second thought: maybe some director who made some "escape from prison" movie like Don Siegel.
Just to learn how to do it

Maybe it's just me, but I would think that if you were going to be in solitary confinement with the work of one director, I would think it would be with a director whose work you're already familiar with.

First thought Hitchcock... second thought: maybe some director who made some "escape from prison" movie like Don Siegel.
Just to learn how to do it
Woody Allen's good for that too. "Do you know if it's raining out?"

I would go with Woody Allen. many films, many funny, some serious: irrational man, Interiors, Cassandras dream, some just outstanding films altogether : Hanna and her Sisters, Manhattan, Purple Rose of Cairo.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Lars von Trier. If I am in prison for the rest of my life, I'd probably just rather end it all, I think Lars von Trier can help get me there.