The 11th Hall of Fame

Tools    

This is one of the fastest HoFs I've been in! And I almost bet I'll send my list before MM, ahahah!
You will.

I have not been well lately. My family and I haven't. It takes its toll on me and I stayed home from work today too because of it. Furthermore, watching movies is not easy when your mind is all over the place...

If I rewatch Samurai Rebellion I wanna do it right. There is no point if I'm not into the movie wheb watching it... then it'll just be all the same.

MOONRISE KINGDOM
What a cast though!
I hooked this up on a tv one day when i was alone,but within the first 5 all of my "roommates" were back-ive never even spoken to anyone of them but all of a sudden it was movie night
I know there was a discussion earlier on the quirkyness of this movie. Quirky is a hit or miss for me,i might like them because they`re quirky but they can sometimes be unengaging because of it at the same time.If that makes sense.
This is a weird one for me,because there was an elderly woman at the room who laughed so wholeheartedly throughout the movie It definitely brought the movie up,would I have enjoyed it as much if I watched it alone?

i loved Edward Norton in this,and Bruce Willis actually surprised me-that was a really well fit.
When Bill Murray threw his show at Ed i almost died,also when Bill ran to the tent where the kids were hiding.
Also the "priest" though,i wasnt sure the old lady was laughing or having a fit by the end of it

I thought the story was cute,but the scene were he felt her up was uneeded and made me a bit uncomfortable. I also also liked the love triangle between the parents and the cop. Not sure about the kid actors i felt they were a bit flat and lifeless-but not sure that can be held agains the actors as i think the maker wanted it that way.

All in all,i like it-i really liked the last 30 minutes,but i think i would have had a harder time getting into it had i watched it alone.My favourite part was wedding

You will.

I have not been well lately. My family and I haven't. It takes its toll on me and I stayed home from work today too because of it. Furthermore, watching movies is not easy when your mind is all over the place...

If I rewatch Samurai Rebellion I wanna do it right. There is no point if I'm not into the movie wheb watching it... then it'll just be all the same.
That's cool man but for the record if the others finish early i'm going to move the deadline up to five days after to get your lists in. So if it had been today i'd move the deadline up to the 17th November. Don't think it would be fair of me to make everyone wait three weeks after everyone has already finished to post the results. This isn't just directed at you BTW, i just thought this was a good chance to give some warning in case anybody who hasn't sent a list wants to rewatch anything,

This is a rewatch,i didnt realize i`d seen it before though i knew the name. But this is one where it really didnt bother me to watch it again at all.Lovely movie and nice with a foreign language one.
I really liked the protest scene,and thought the part where he was taken a way whilst watching his mum lay on the pavement was really heartbreaking,and the part where he was trying to exchange money made me really angry.
this isnt going to be long because I dont really have any complaints,i think the story was really good and entertaining,the acting was good and the characters likeable.My favourite part was the filming of the news aswell as his mother sneaking out for the first time.. the new fashion,ikea signs and alll that,but part where the statue comes flying an her baffled reaction to it is almost breathtaking.if im not mistaken,i believe i watched this at school when it came out in 03. i was about to say it wasnt that long ago so im surprised id forgotten but then i remember we`re in 2016........

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
if im not mistaken,i believe i watched this at school when it came out in 03. i was about to say it wasnt that long ago so im surprised id forgotten but then i remember we`re in 2016........
Well how the time flies...

Since we are really close to the end: just one more from Neiba, three from Topsy and MM to send his list, just a few things i should say. First of all don't expect any great presentation for the reveal, it will be fine but basic not like the way Citizen did the 10th which was great because i'm not good with that stuff. I'll try to start the reveal at some point that most will be on, we'll come to that when we get there. I'll do the best characters reveal first in one post, then i will do the actual movies reveal one at a time from #11 to #3 then #1 and #2 in one post.

On the way i'm going to work out the characters, i touched on it a bit when i made the first post but just to expand. I'm going by mentions but i asked for the lists ranked just in case there's a tie at the top. So i'm going to post each character that got more than one mention but if for example the most mentions were for 2 different characters that were on 8/11 lists i''ll go by a points sytem just for those to characters to declare a winner, if they are still tied then i'll just call it a tie. Weird system i know but i figured that maybe five people could really like a character enough to have them first or second but none of the others might like them enough to have them on their list at all, while there might be a character that had enough broad appeal that they made more lists but not in the highest positions. It's basically to attempt to combine both of those.

One last thing. I knew that once all of the lists were in and i had done all the counting i'd get paranoid that i had miscounted something and would feel the need to go through all of the PMs again to make sure i hadn't, so to avoid that i've kept a record of were everyone had what so i can do a quick last minute count. So i've got the name of the movie then the points then in brackets for example: (1,1,1,6,9,) as in three 1st places, one 6th and one 9th: so i could quickly go 11+11+11+6+3=42 pts, to save me from going through all of the PMs. I figured i'd post those since i already have them the same way they are posted along with the entries for the Countdowns. And anyone who sent a list before Embrace was removed, remember anything you had lower than that will now be a place higher.

I know this is way too much unnecessary explanation but i'm prone to overthinking things like this so i don't make a mistake or whatever and i thought i should share it with you guys.

i believe i watched this at school when it came out in 03. i was about to say it wasnt that long ago so im surprised id forgotten but then i remember we`re in 2016........
This happens to me all the time. I'll think something was just a couple years ago, but then someone will point out that it's actually been a decade or longer.

Anyway, glad you liked the movie (again)!

Sounds like a solid plan for the reveal Camo! I was paranoid too about miscounting the list. I think I did all the math like three times just to make sure!

I've liked the way you've hosted this You've been engaging. I like your idea for top characters award and I like the ongoing movie watch list...this:

Movies Watched:
Miss Vicky - 11/11
Clazor - 11/11
Citizen - 11/11
Guap - 11/11
Camo - 11/11
Cosmic - 11/11
Neiba - 10/11
Topsy - 8/11
Cricket - 11/11
MM - 11/11
Raul - 11/11
It's a great idea and I think it helps the HoF to move faster...and when any of these Hofs drag on, they get boring so good job on that scoreboard idea.

BTW who's going to host the 12th? Lets have someone who has never hosted before, but has participated successful in Hofs be the next host. Each new host brings new ideas and a freshness to these.

Cricket, MM, Topsy and others have done Hofs but never hosted. How about it?

Thanks mate . I was definitely trying to add on to the great 10th that you ran.

And that scoreboard idea actually started back in the Looney Tunes HOF here - http://www.movieforums.com/community...71#post1543371

I just think more attention was drawn to it here because one movie in this HOF is about as long or longer than that entire HOF was (96 minutes).