The Walking Dead: Season 7

Tools    

Give Andrew Lincoln a Emmy Award dammit.
Has he been nominated even? He should be as hes been the strongest acting component throughout this entire series (No offense Norman). Maybe the voters have a horror-stigma.

Give Andrew Lincoln a Emmy Award dammit.
Has he been nominated even? He should be as hes been the strongest acting component throughout this entire series (No offense Norman). Maybe the voters have a horror-stigma.
Like Hollywood!

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Finally got around to watching this the other night, so here goes with my humble opinion. It should be noted that I have not finished watching the episode yet, but more on that later.

This will go down for me as the episode that made me give up on the Walking Dead. Yes, I'm upset about the second death that occurred, but that is not my main reason for calling it quits.

I get that Negan is a bad ass and it should also be noted that while I have read some of the comics, I'm not nearly far enough along to have been introduced to Negan yet. I do, however, believe that the way his character is portrayed in the show is laughable. His lines are horrible and are written in such a way as to appear to make him a caricature of evil in my opinion. I didn't find him particularly compelling, in fact, it was the opposite reaction for me. I found him annoying and rather unoriginal. I found myself rolling my eyes at much of his dialogue. I give kudos to the staff for staying true to the comics (from what I've been told), but I have to say that if this is how he is written in the comics, they too would lose me at this point.

To piggyback on what Tongo said in an earlier post, it also felt to me like a total sadomasochistic watch. It may very well be the case that this leads to some bigger story line, or ends up having a point, but as a standalone episode, it comes off to me as shock for shock's sake. I understand Negan is trying to break the group's will and assert his dominance, but to me the whole thing came off as lazy. Rather than develop a more intricate story line, they just had Negan go to town on Rick's group.

As i stated earlier, I have not finished watching this episode, nor am I sure at this point that I will. While I'm extremely upset at the second death, I find myself taken out of the whole situation with Negan's character, I found myself caring less about what happens to the other characters now because I'm too distracted by Negan's over the top persona to stay in the moment with the others. Time will tell if I change my mind about all this, but it's where I'm at today.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm finally reading the comics. I'm already curious to see how the differences play out. And whether I hate last week's episode more, or less, than I did when it first aired.

Glenn died in the comic, so that hasreason, but why kill Abraham? "Just cause"? Probably, but they should have kept him and got rid of someone else if they felt they needed to kill 2 to surprise the readers.

Well...

WARNING: "The Walking Dead comic" spoilers below
Abraham died in the comic, too. Just not that way.

That's who Negan is. I actually think the show toned him down a little compared to the comics. However, this is probably more to do with the fact that TV Negan isn't allowed to swear. I really don't even like some of his comic dialogue because it is way too over the top.

That's who Negan is. I actually think the show toned him down a little compared to the comics. However, this is probably more to do with the fact that TV Negan isn't allowed to swear. I really don't even like some of his comic dialogue because it is way too over the top.
Yeah if they had him quipping and sauntering even more hed look like Jim Carrey

Steels right that this way of removing Daryl gives Reedus the time to work on another project i.e. go riding and getting paid to do it i.e. paid vacation.

TWD story wise, I shudder to think what they would have them do to break Daryl. I havent read the comics but I think hes the only character that wasnt in them. So its all AMC with him.

I dont know how Abraham was supposed to die in the comics, I hope Daryl doesnt take his place.

ONLY READ THIS SPOILER IF YOU HAVENT READ THE ENTIRE COMIC BOOK SERIES. THIS IS A SERIES END SPOILER.

WARNING: spoilers below
I heard from a friend that everybody dies at the end. So I always wondered, would Daryl be the last man standing? I actually hope they do have a happier ending than that. Maybe just Daryl and Judith making a getaway on his chopper. hell yeah

Where did your friend get that information from? The comic is still alive and might be for sometime. Robert Kirkman, the creator, says he plans for at least 300 issues. They are currently about to release issue 160.

Also, Sasha isn't in the comic either.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The comic and the show are different beings now. It has a road map to go down, but don't expect everything to be the same.

Suspect's Reviews

Where did your friend get that information from? The comic is still alive and might be for sometime. Robert Kirkman, the creator, says he plans for at least 300 issues. They are currently about to release issue 160.

That's right (as far as I know anyway - I only got up to the 7th TPB I think - somebody loaned me their collection of Trade Paper Backs which is what introduced me to the series).

I was never quite clear - in the show, Sasha was Tyrese's sister? (Girlfriend? Relative?)
But, if I recall correctly - it's been almost 10 years - Tyrese had his daughter with him in the comic (and Sasha on the show seemed to take his daughter's place)???

Is this right or am I way off base?

A friend told me, thats it. I thought about reading it but havent. GOOD! Im glad thats not the case.

I was never quite clear - in the show, Sasha was Tyrese's sister? (Girlfriend? Relative?)
But, if I recall correctly - it's been almost 10 years - Tyrese had his daughter with him in the comic (and Sasha on the show seemed to take his daughter's place)???

Is this right or am I way off base?
Sasha was his sister in the show.

I heard from that same friend that Lori & the other girl from season 1 were romantically involved with Dale. He was their sugar daddy

Sasha was his sister in the show.

I heard from that same friend that Lori & the other girl from season 1 were romantically involved with Dale. He was their sugar daddy
That's correct. I do remember one of the sisters became Dale's girl, but in a zombie apocalypse does anyone really care about age differences in romances?

I will say the comic was quite unlike any I've ever read (and I was never big on b&w comics). The TPB's made me late for work because I couldn't put them down and would read half the night until I finished each one. And like the show, it's really a story about human nature with a zombie apocalypse as the setting, but you could easily see it set in any more realistic disaster.

That's correct. I do remember one of the sisters became Dale's girl, but in a zombie apocalypse does anyone really care about age differences in romances?

I will say the comic was quite unlike any I've ever read (and I was never big on b&w comics). The TPB's made me late for work because I couldn't put them down and would read half the night until I finished each one. And like the show, it's really a story about human nature with a zombie apocalypse as the setting, but you could easily see it set in any more realistic disaster.
Two of the best runs of a comic book title, as good as anything Ive read in my life, were b&w series. Elfquest which is truly a gold mine for whoever picks it up in hollywood, and Cerebus, which wouldnt transfer well to film at all.

Elfquest rereleased their 21 issue long masterpiece in a color slick page format.....and it didnt look as good. B&W is underated in comics, or maybe color overrated, idk. You would really enjoy Elfquest Steel, trust me.

Tonight's episode will be Carol and Morgan centric. We'll find out what happened to them while the rest of the Survivors were kneeling before Negan.
Mellow watch which was to be expected.

WARNING: spoilers below
Glad Ezekiel came clean to Carol his true story. Shes a great actress, and Im just counting the episodes hoping she finds out Daryls captured, then all hells gonna break loose.

I can handle the tiger. Yeah its a lil corny, but not cornier than a Jamaican chick samurai. The pigs reminded me of the movie Hannibal. I thought that Jesus character was with Ezekiels group, but no sign of him.