Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Glad you liked it, Cricket.

Tarsem Singh is a little spotty on the overall quality of his films but they all look incredible and that's what I love most about The Cell. If you have any interest in checking out more from Singh, give The Fall a try. I can't recommend his other work though, aside from R.E.M.'s music video for "Losing My Religion."

Year of the Dragon (1985) -

What a good film.

Glad you liked it, Cricket.

Tarsem Singh is a little spotty on the overall quality of his films but they all look incredible and that's what I love most about The Cell. If you have any interest in checking out more from Singh, give The Fall a try. I can't recommend his other work though, aside from R.E.M.'s music video for "Losing My Religion."
I was actually looking at The Fall and wondering if anyone had seen it.

Anything to do with R.E.M. sucks to me.

I was actually looking at The Fall and wondering if anyone had seen it.
It's good. I like The Cell a lot more, but it is a very beautiful movie.

Anything to do with R.E.M. sucks to me.
I'm going to pretend you didn't say that.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Gone Girl (2014)

HO-LEEEE S***! What a F****** movie!

I loved it, it was awesome, but still. What the actual F***?!!!

I don't want so mess anything up with this for people who haven't seen it, so I'll just say this:

If you haven't seen it...DON'T READ ANYTHING ABOUT IT! Just go see it.

If you have seen it, you know what I'm talking about. The acting from Affleck and Pike was to die for. Don't think I've seen better from Pike anywhere. The woman playing Affleck's sister was also really good (her name's Cary Coon, but I can't recall seeing her in anything else). A great movie, totally woth seeing.

Care for some gopher?
Cary Coon is in HBO's tv show The Leftovers.

Glad to see Daniel Radcliffe brought back some Harry Potter with this one. I loved the way his character had magic powers and used his wand a lot! But anyways...

I think I can saftely say that this is the first time I ever shed a tear over a fart...
...probably the only time too.

++

Weirdest movie you'll see this year (and probably for the following years too)

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
I am the scales of justice! Conductor of the Choir of Death! Sing brother Heckler! Sing brother Koch!

Fury Road marks my favorite movie of 2015, tied with Ex Machina, and my favorite of the Mad Max franchise(haven't seen Road Warrior). This movie knows what it is, the plot is a simple point A to B objective with subliminal messages no one cares to read into, but it has these incredibly fun plays on audience expectations. The action is so perfectly choreographed and this movie has some surprisingly pretty shots for a movie like this. The setting and the characters do so much to peak our interest in the world building without showing us hardly any of it.
This movie is a non-stop riot of noise and violence, and it's so fantastic.

Also, in my humble EXPERT opinion, Mad Max Tom Hardy matches Revenant and Lawless Tom Hardy in spectacular performances of just grunts just fine.

really good movie with one of the best horror acting ive ever seen. i would put it above conjuring 2 but below the conjuring

from Noon Til Three

Charles Bronson is not the most obvious choice as a romantic lead, the only other one I can think of was Twinky which was creepy in the extreme.

In this one he plays a cowardly, smooth talking outlaw who talks Jill Ireland (who'd have thought??) into bed. After some plot gymnastics she writes a best selling novel about their encounter and he loses his identity.

Much better than expected and doesn't go on conventional lines. Well worth watching.

8/10

Captain Fantastic

Objectionable in every way. I knew before I watched it I wouldn't like it but I just didn't know how much.

It makes me angry just thinking about it.

Only good thing was the scenes with Kathryn Hahn and Steve Zahn. Would have been much better film if it was about them having a bunch of weirdos camp on their lawn,

2/10

Kill Switch

I mostly like the Seagal DTV films but this one was below par. Fight scenes were poor and the plot was all over the shop.

Disappointing

4/10

The Devil Wears Prada (2006)

Welcome to the human race...
Jack Reacher -

More movies need to have Werner Herzog in them.

Disco Pigs (2001)

Two babies from different parents meet in the same hospital at birth, and circumstances dictate that they grow up together next door from another. It's a boy and a girl, and they have this weird extremely close bond like twins. The movie picks up with them as high school teens, and they turn out to be sickos who like tormenting others. As they reach their mid to late teens, he starts having more intimate feelings towards her, while she starts noticing other guys, therefore triggering jealousy in him. She gets sent away for their own good, and he sets out to look for her. This is an Irish movie, and subtitles could have been beneficial for me. I love these raw independent movies, but except for a strong start and finish, this was really slow. Cillian Murphy plays the boy, and I always thought he was one of the creepiest looking bastards around. It's pretty decent if you like odd indy flicks.

Mad Max: Fury Road (re-watch)

I had to see this again as the first time I was with a friend and missed some (quite a lot actually)

err yeah this movie is the nuts, what can I say, just amazing brilliant .. love the music and the ending, loved everything, I wish there were more movies like this, a dazzling spectacle 10/10

Films and films
Innerspace By Joe Dante

7/10