The MoFo Top 100 Action Movie Countdown

→ in
Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Escape from New York (1981) - Good movie, but not a favorite.
The Grandmaster (2013) - Never heard of it.
Yojimbo (1961) - Heard of it, but I don't think I've ever seen it.
The Fugitive (1993) - Great movie. It was #11 on my list.
The Bourne Identity (2002) - If this is the first movie in the Bourne series, then I saw it a long time ago, but I don't remember much about it. I have the first three Bourne movies on DVD, so maybe I'll watch them as a marathon someday.

Honorable Mentions:
Beverly Hills Cop (1984) - I'm not a fan of Eddie Murphy, so I've never seen this movie.
Cliffhanger (1993) - I hated this movie. I had nightmares about falling for months after seeing it.
Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior (2003) - Never heard of it.

My List:
6. Jurassic Park (1993)
11. The Fugitive (1993)
12. Smokey and the Bandit (1977)
14. GoldenEye (1995)

The Bourne Identity is a good movie and i liked the one with Renner in it a good bit. But will 100 openings and allot of very good films classic one just not sure its something Id put down. Bare In mind my taste in action films are all over the map. Some make sense other do not.

I am pleasantly surprised to see Demolition Man and The Fugitive make the list.

Welcome to the human race...
Quite the solid batch there. I can only presume that Vol. 1 will rank higher, which is a shame since I prefer Vol. 2. Wrath of Khan owns. Braveheart is something I mainly think of as an Achewood running gag more than a good movie, but I have been meaning to re-watch it. Edge of Tomorrow is a fairly strong blockbuster and one I may need to revisit. Battle Royale marks another "love it but wouldn't have voted for it here" entry (as does Pulp Fiction, for that matter). Coffy and The Good, the Bad, the Weird are also good.

I hated Braveheart and both Kill Bill movies. Haven't seen the rest.

From the honorable mentions, I voted for Pulp Fiction.

Edge of Tomorrow was my #3, and I would've been very unimpressed if it didn't at least make the bottom of this list.

While I really like Wrath of Khan, it wasn't something I even considered for this list. Despite the fact that I'm a huge fan of Gibson, I didn't even think about putting Braveheart on my list either, but that's not because I don't think it qualifies but rather because I literally didn't think of it at the time. It probably wouldn't have made my final list anyway though haha.

Seen: 41/45
My List: 4
1 honourable mention

03. Edge of Tomorrow (2014)
04. Lethal Weapon 2 (1989)
07. Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014)
21. Crank (2006) (H)
23. Taken (2008)

Braveheart? I loathe you people.

I had Coffy at #25.

I really liked Battle Royale, but it's certainly not what comes to mind when I think "action film".

We've gone on holiday by mistake
As Iro says, that's a great bunch of films but only Kill Bill and Edge of Tomorrow are what I would consider action and worth voting for, but saying that's there s plenty of great action (and I really mean great action scenes) in the other 3.

Cant believe I forgot to vote for Edge of Tomorrow, might be the film Ive watched the most since its release, really one of the best movies of the past 3 years.

Thinking back, I do think I took the term "action" too literally... i should probably just have went with every movie that has 2-3 action scenes in it. I see a few favorites pop up and semi-regret not voting for them.

That said, there's still the odd ones popping up... Pulp Fiction!?