Bug Reports for the New Design

Tools    

No, still happens. I clicked the series order thread, hit backspace on my keyboard, clicked Bug reports at top, still went to that series thread.

You're right, it's still happening. Apparently it works fine if you hit refresh before clicking a new link.

Still doing it for me. I clicked on the Top 50s Countdown link from Now Playing....and then any of the Now Playing links I click on go to Top 50s Countdown. Earlier it was stuck on the 11th HoF.

Also I'm getting the same stuck links if I click on any of the links under the forums on home page...But it does seem intermittent.

Refreshing my page, solves the problem, temoriapily, but I'd have to do that after each link visited.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
When I click other threads, be it in the section itself or on the sidebar, it takes me to the "Kevin Can Wait" thread, literally the most terrible thing it could possibly bring me to. "/

I noticed a site bug today Oct 4th, I had never seen it before. Starting today, if I click on any of the thread links under Playing Now... the first click takes me to the correct thread. But if I then click on other Playing Now links I keep getting the first thread I clicked on.

But if I click on any of the links on the home page under the different Forums, those links work correctly.
Happening to me, too. Just noticed.

Hmmm. I definitely can't duplicate this. And I haven't touched that code in forever. Has anyone noticed this before?

The fact that you're hitting backspace, and refresh fixes it, suggests that by going back you're not really reloading the page. So here's an additional test: what happens if you go back the same way, but don't click on something immediately? The list refresh every 15 seconds, so it's possible you're catching it in-between and clicking a different link, or something like that, since the list refresh/replaces the links.

I clicked on Quest for Favorite Horror, in Now Playing. I counted off more than 15 seconds and seen the list update, then I clicked on a different link in Now Playing, but still got Quest for Favorite Horror. I did that test like 5 times over 2 minutes on different links in Now Playing, and always it went to the first one I had clicked Quest for Favorite Horror.

Update...I did some test and I only have the problem on Cyberfox 45.0 web browser (based on the latest Firefox) on my Windows 7 PC.

However if I use Palemoon based on an older Firefox design) I don't have any problems.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
When I am using my phone or tablet (android) and I am in the user CP area I try to click the drop down arrow for private messages and either go to inbox or sent messages it does not drop down so I do not have those options available for me. It is probably just the browser but was wondering if this was an issue for anyone else or maybe those options could be regular links instead of a drop down menu?

It works fine on laptop and desktop computers of many different kinds and windows versions.

Thanks and if it is something that can't be fixed it is not a big deal, I am on my phone a lot more now than I used to be.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This is definitely a Firefox problem. I use both Firefox and Chrome, and I'm not having that problem in Chrome, but I'm having that problem in Firefox, both with the "Now Playing" box and the "New Posts" search results.

This is one of the weirder problems I think we've ever had; I can't even begin to imagine how those links would change.

Two things:

1) When did everyone start noticing this, specifically? How long ago can you say, for certain, it wasn't happening?

2) Is anyone willing to be my technical guinea pig on this? Being a little tech savvy would help, but anyone who can clearly follow technical instructions and answer follow-ups and the like would be fine.

I think going through this step-by-step with a volunteer is my only chance of figuring out what the heck is going on.

Scratch that for now, I've just duplicated it in Firefox.

This is utterly surreal. The link is correct in the code. I copy it into my clipboard, and it works fine in Edge and Chrome. It redirects somewhere else in Firefox! But only for a bit. After a minute or two it redirects to the right place.

What the what.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
When I am using my phone or tablet (android) and I am in the user CP area I try to click the drop down arrow for private messages and either go to inbox or sent messages it does not drop down so I do not have those options available for me. It is probably just the browser but was wondering if this was an issue for anyone else or maybe those options could be regular links instead of a drop down menu?

It works fine on laptop and desktop computers of many different kinds and windows versions.

Thanks and if it is something that can't be fixed it is not a big deal, I am on my phone a lot more now than I used to be.
You mean this part?

If so, and if you're using it on your phone, there's a 95% chance it's just the perils of clicking a very small link on a touch screen, particularly in a layout designed for desktop use (I take it you're not using the mobile style, since this particularly menu is replaced by a plain old dropdown on mobile).

In this case you just need to not have specifically been set to desktop (I could be wrong, but I think you asked me to switch it to exclusively desktop a year or two ago). Anyway, just flipped the switch: you should get mobile by default now when visiting with a phone. Let me know.