Pick A Movie For Me (Chain Game)

Tools    

The question mark is usually put after a movie that the person hasn't yet agreed to watch. Once they've confirmed that they've never seen it and will be watching it, the question mark usually goes away.

Looking back to see if any more were missed, the only things I found were 2 weeks ago mistique mentioning Seven Samurai in the "Movie You're Watching Tonight" thread, and 3 weeks ago MonnoM mentioned that he was dropping out future chain links but would still watch Heaven.
I haven't forgotten about this - I will watch it this week.

What did Yoda say? Dang, Im gonna have to crack the whip

Post comment nudged Beyond.
Yoda said...

"That's my son, that is. I'll tell ya: ever since he was an itty bitty boy, sometimes he talks to the lord and sometimes he yells at the lord. Tonight, he just happens to be yellin' at him."

Enjoyable experience (thanks Yoda) 3/5

Daniel M ► Closet Land (1991)
TheUsualSuspect ► Vagabond (1986)
Redwell ► Postman Blues (1997)
Topsy ► Whatever Happened To Baby Jane (1962)
Mistique ► Seven Samurai (1954)
Nope ► Martyrs (2008)
Above The Clouds ► Dark Waters (1993) ?
MonnoM ► Heaven (2002)
TONGO ► Bigger than Life (1956)
Frightened Inmate No. 2 ► Night on Earth (1991)
MovieMeditation ► Eraserhead (1977)
rauldc14 ► We Are Still Here (2015)
The Sci-Fi Slob ► The Iron Giant (1999)
Clazor ► Doctor Who: The Movie (1996)
CosmicRunaway ► As Above, So Below (2014)
Yoda ► ?????

As Above, So Below
(2014)

I usually stay away from anything in the "found footage" genre. I'm not a fan of shaky cam, and most of these films tend to be full of characters making really bad decisions, and if cameras are lost or all the characters die, then I always wonder who edited all the segments together, and how did they find the videos? As Above, So Below luckily doesn't really have any of those problems.

Despite my apprehensions going in, I really enjoyed this movie. The story was far more engaging than I expected it to be, and I really liked the atmosphere and supernatural elements of it (minus the burning car part, I thought that was dumb). In most places the camera movement is not distracting, and I actually found the movie to be pretty tense, especially in the latter parts. To quote what my room mate said before I started to watch it, this movie is way better than it has any right to be.

Daniel M ► Closet Land (1991)
TheUsualSuspect ► Vagabond (1986)
Redwell ► Postman Blues (1997)
Topsy ► Whatever Happened To Baby Jane (1962)
Mistique ► Seven Samurai (1954)
Nope ► Martyrs (2008)
Above The Clouds ► Dark Waters (1993) ?
MonnoM ► Heaven (2002)
TONGO ► Bigger than Life (1956)
Frightened Inmate No. 2 ► Night on Earth (1991)
MovieMeditation ► Eraserhead (1977)
rauldc14 ► We Are Still Here (2015)
The Sci-Fi Slob ► The Iron Giant (1999)
Clazor ► Doctor Who: The Movie (1996)
Yoda ► ?????

Quick clarification: FromBeyond asked me to pick a movie for him, but he must have assumed I was already familiar with this, because he didn't mention anything about me having to watch another after. I didn't realize I was volunteering for anything beyond choosing his movie. Sorry guys. Please find someone else; things are a bit crazy right now.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Done. Got through Doctor Who: the movie. Sorry to say, not my cup of tea. I think I'll just stick to videos riffing on the bad episodes.