Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

No, I tried to give it a fancy 3.95 just to be funny, and it made it look like a 0/5.

But then, you may want to know why so high ? So in a few words, I thought the acting was great. I like young Pacino, maybe even more then older Pacino. And for a change, I did not feel cheated by a cheesy happy end, but rather I thought the story was nicely told, with a bittersweet aftertaste that is much to my liking.

Yeah, i don't hate it or anything i just don't love it. I just thought that rating was really harsh.

You can only go up in .5 by the way; 0.5,1.0,1.5, etc. I guess you realize that now but just in case haha.

Welcome to the human race...
The Twilight Samurai -

Easy to think of this as a good companion piece to Samurai Rebellion.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Dirty Grandpa -

Typical Efron comedy, which sacrifices laughs for the vulgarity. DeNiro is the Grandfather who makes his grandson take him to Spring Break. His wife has died and he feels the need to be young again. Racists jokes, misogynistic jokes, homophobic jokes, they all fire off pretty quickly. Efron is the straight man, who manages to show off his physique once again. DeNiro is the crazy' grandfather who can kill you with one punch. Neither are really funny and both seem to just be trying to earn a paycheque.

The two standouts without a doubt are Jason Mantzoukas, a drug dealer who is best friends with the local cops and Adam Pally as cousin Nick. These two guys got a few laughs out of me, the rest of the film did not.

an extra point of slutty Plaza

Suspect's Reviews

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Brooklyn (John Crowley, 2015)

A very nice movie! The acting is quite fine, especially from Saorsie Ronan, the cinematography and the costume design are beautiful and the script is really solid! I loved the development of the main character, both psychologically and physically! That was really well accomplished!
On a poor year like last year this was one of the most sincere and overall best movies.
I still feel the film lacks something though I can't tell exactly what, but it is a very fine one!

+

Unregistered User

I Walked with A Zombie (1943)

A young nurse is assigned to care for the wife of a plantation owner, living in San Sebastian, an island of the Caribbean. With the locals believing that the wife has been cursed, Nurse Betsy takes it upon herself to try and find out the truth.

Immaculately filmed in black and white this is not your average zombie horror. There's no blood or gore, barely any violence and not a jump scare to note but I would honestly say this is the best zombie film that I've ever seen. And that includes all of Romeros 'Dead' series. IWWAZ simply oozes with suspense and has such a sinister feel throughout, along with a quite brilliant ending.

Its directed by Jacques Tourneur whose films include Night of The Demon, Out of The Past, which are both excellent along with Cat People which I'm hoping to get to soon.

Highly recommended.

The Shallows

Brilliant superior shark thriller... but I couldn't help but be aware that in real life sharks are the victim and I thought it was a nice touch when the shark is found to have a hook in it's mouth and the strong female protagonist say's "they got you" yes this shark and every other has every right to be angry but whatever way you look at it, sharks are perfectly honed terrifying killing machines and make for great movie fodder. A nice steady build up to a colossal showdown between woman and shark with no jaws-esque gimmicks, this felt really believable to me and there is a fantastic use of other sea life to show the wonder of nature with some truly awesome shots, riveting and thoroughly recommended 4/5

The Darkness

Another slice of bacon.... Standard run of the mill horror for 2016, afraid to be different, afraid to take risks, I will probably have forgotten about it in a week, this won't go down as anything special but saying all that, it wasn't really terrible and did have a few nice touches 2/5

The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946)

From the top 100 noirs list, a drifter (John Garfield) is hired by a middle aged man to work at his diner for low pay and room and board. The drifter meets the man's smoking hot young wife (Lana Turner), and you don't need to have seen too many movies to know what's coming next. The movie is not as dark or steamy as it could have been, but I thought it was consistently entertaining. It's a shame Garfield met his maker at such a young age because he was great, and I could ogle Lana Turner all day.

Its directed by Jacques Tourneur whose films include Night of The Demon, Out of The Past, which are both excellent along with Cat People which I'm hoping to get to soon.
Nice! I know Bluedeed is also a massive fan of I Walked With A Zombie, and I'm a big fan of Night of the Demon (nice to see some fellow love here, excellent kind of B-Movie setting but really elevated through the direction which creates great suspense), Out of the Past and Wichita so I have high hopes.