Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Two Weeks Notice (2002)

Madness is the emergency exit…
ARQ (2016)

Hunt for the Wilderpeople (2016)

This is the story of Ricky Baker - a young, overweight, orphaned juvenile offender that idealizes hip hop and creates haiku poetry as a method of externalizing emotional conflict, due to the influence of counseling and therapy sessions. Stuck in New Zealand's sub-par youth welfare system, Ricky ends up on a rotting farm somewhere in the rural back blocks with his new foster parents. The real fun begins when a national manhunt is ordered for this rebellious kid and his foster uncle who go "missing" in the wild New Zealand bush.

An absolute gem of a kid/family-adventure flick from the director of WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS (2014)! Not only the chemistry between that cute-fat kid and Sam Neill works so wonderfully & a blast to watch in almost every scene but the film also delivers quite a beautifully moving story with great dose of humor from start to finish.

Recommended.

Night Of The Creeps

This movie had all the elements that I love, 80's charm, slug creatures that turn people into homicidal zombies, aliens and awesome special effects but as a whole it just didn't come together. There was no "night" more like a series of day's and nights with isolated incidents, every time I thought it was going somewhere, it would reset itself and I was scratching my head by the last 20 minutes when suddenly the "night" happened and then it was over, despite this I didn't hate the movie, I just didn't love it either

2.5/5

Horns (2013)

-

This is a pretty weird movie. It's basically a murder mystery, with a heavy dose of fantasy/horror and some dark humor, seediness, and gore thrown in. Daniel Radcliffe plays the main suspect in his girlfriend's (Juno Temple) murder. He grows horns that give him special powers that aid him in his attempt to find the truth. There's probably a few flaws in the movie, but there's always something going on that's fun to watch. Nice recommendation by Swan as I had never heard of it before.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Would like to thank From Beyond for suggesting this flick:

Max Manus: Man of War (Norway)
+++ A sublime mix of stylized filming and emotional introspective of a war hero/saboteur. Thanks From Beyond; this was a great film and much like Flammen & Citronen I grew very intrigued to research as I watched.

Under the Skin

.........Uh???..............um,.........hmm............. okay....................................... huh.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Conversation - 9/10

I've seen this many times, and because of that, I didn't mind putting it on late at night, even though I just finished it this morning. Probably the only Coppola movie I'll ever see again in the future.

Marlon Brando was the first choice, and wonder if the movie would have got more attention. Gene Hackman is great in this though. I didn't notice Terri Garr, but I'll look for her beautiful face the next time I see this.

ARQ - 8/10

once again i forgot how to do popcorn ratings but 2.5

Very messy plot, allot of shakey cam during the second act or so, which really annoyed me. The protagonists are incredibly unlikable even for a Rob Zombie movie, they all come across as pretentious dirt bags, and the most character development we get is flashbacks of the characters dancing. However, the first 5 minute monologue and the 3rd act are so kick ass and captivating thanks to Richard Brakes incredible portrayal of ''Doom-Head'' this movie is surely re-watchable for me and I think it has a permanent spot in my guilty pleasures.

Magnificent Seven (2016) -

While I didn't hate anything about it, there's not much here to praise either. It's pretty much the definition of average.

The big drawing point for this movie is the cast, and they do at least give notable performances. I haven't seen the 1960 version in a very long time, yet everything about this movie was incredibly familiar. It didn't do anything innovative, but it was at least interesting enough to hold my attention for the entire 130 minute runtime.

It's a pointless remake, but at least it's a watchable pointless remake.