One movie on a desert island.

Tools    

I think I'd bring a blue movie (you know, in case it gets lonely),
You're obviously a lot more practical than me .

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I think I'd bring a blue movie (you know, in case it gets lonely), but I'd try to pick one with a good story, maybe one of the oldies.
I like your way of thinking! Kinky!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
For entertainment, I would choose the LOTR trilogy pack, but if that doesn't wark, then Return of the King.

But in reality, I would bring Cast Away, what else would you bring?

an erotic comedy is the way to have when stranded at an island!

Yup, that would work.
If this is your thing, you could also pick up both an artistic and kinky movie by choosing Pasolini's Salo. Nobody would judge you.

passolini is well liked by critics but not by me

salo only depicts human droppings as an high form of sublime art

I do not disapprove passolini death at all

yuck! yuck! yuck!

I'll paraphrase Chesterton's cheeky response to a similar question and say: a documentary about lifeboat building.

Why not use 'Lord of the Flies' or 'Apocalypse Now' as case studies for how to convince the rest of the island's inhabitants that you are a living deity and rule the island/your island with an iron fist (aka. be Jack Merridew or Colonel Walter E. Kurtz)...

If you were able to also bring a book, make it Niccolò Machiavelli's 'The Prince' to further sharpen your leadership skills...
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force. ~Ayn Rand

Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis!!! Si vis pacem, para bellum!!!

Boldly going.
I find the term "desert island" a curious one ... sounds like a place with little precipitation, in which case survival would be extra challenging and you might want to think about a lot of fishing (Jaws, anyone?). But according to Google, "desert island" means the same thing as "deserted island". Anyways, maybe a documentary on guns, because if I was stuck watching one movie for the rest of my life, I'd want to blow my brains out.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

If I could somehow sneak in the trilogy pack that would be awesome.
I second that. But if one couldn't sneak the trilogy...then I think I'd just go for Leon: The Professional. Jean Reno's awesome, young Natalie Portman's sweet and cute and Gary Oldman steals the show.

Buckshot's Wilderness Survival: Volume 1

If they had it, a dvd of every Shakespeare play on it. If I had that much time Id want to have something quoteworthy to show for it after.