MoFo Fantasy Baseball '16 - The Regular Season

Tools    

Same.

I think a keeper league would require a bit more engagement than we have, with a little less owner turnover. But I'd love to do an auction and/or Free Agent Budget.

The auction is super fun. My other baseball league and fantasy NBA league use the auction format and it's great. The only downside is that we'd need pretty much everyone to live draft because the auto-drafting computer is terrible and it takes more time.

As a Giants fan I am thoroughly depressed at the situation. I know we are better than 2/3rds of baseball but to be the only ever team to get to halfway and then win less than 40% of games in the 2nd half of the season absolutely sucks. Still, where there's a will there's a way.

As long as the Dodgers don't get WS rings I'll be happy.

The Pirates are probably going to miss the WC this year. Of the 6 teams who are more in the running in the NL, I'm rooting for:

1) Mets
2) Dodgers
3) Giants
4) Nats
5) Cardinals
6) Cubs

I would describe myself as fringe-liking 1 and 2 and hating the rest of them to varying degrees.

I'd probably (barely) put the Nats over the Giants, bother than that, yeah, pretty much the same order.

I was actually kinda looking forward to the idea of a Pirate WC game on the road, where I can stay home, get a bunch of food, and just watch comfortably. If it were held here I'd have to make myself go. Probably gonna be neither though, yeah. Lame year.

Losing last night along with SF/NYM wins is probably the nail in the coffin. The E# dropped from 8 to 6.

Meanwhile, HLA is a mere 5 points off of the lead. Though I expect some fallback in the next day or so since I gained about 5 points in the last 3 days. Still, I'm right there with 10 days to go.

A system of cells interlinked
No such thing as an E Sharp! What's next... B sharp??

I wish I had more time to catch up to Boston (Mike & Lem), gah. Hopefully Ill get at least 5th again.

Cmon Mark......

I almost didn't believe it when I saw that link, like it was some joke where the whole punchline was how crazy it sounds. So sad, and so surreal.

Special talent, and by all accounts a really fun guy, too. RIP.

Crushing news; I've been really sad ever since I heard.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/i-can...ose-fernandez/

First Jose Fernandez, then Arnold Palmer, but at least Arnie lived a full life & then some. Hopefully there isnt a third coming.

On night heavy with grief, Dee Gordon produces magic
Smallest guy on field homers after tribute to fallen teammate

Dee Gordon was holding the bat. We know that.

But the forces that swung it through the strike zone?

Those are impossible to know, to quantify, to attribute.

Carl Sagan says that "if you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Maybe Sagan could explain the dynamics that were at work at Marlins Park on Monday night, but it's a fool's mission to even try.

Let's just say that the magic Gordon delivered with a leadoff home run was a lot bigger than any one player, especially the smallest one on the field.

"We had some help," Gordon said.

On Sunday, when the news of Jose Fernandez's death was as fresh as it was heartbreaking, Martin Prado admitted it would be tough to go on.

They beat the Mets, 7-3, then circled the pitcher's mound marked with Fernandez's No. 16. They started on their feet, locked arm in arm, and many ended on their knees. While fans in the crowd of 26,933 chanted, "Jose, Jose, Jose,'' the guys in uniform stayed a long time before leaving their caps near the pitching rubber and heading off the field.

When the Marlins took their positions to face the Mets, after Sunday's game against Atlanta was postponed, Christian Yelich, Giancarlo Stanton, Gordon and other players had tear stains mixing with their eye black.

They couldn't have known where they'd find the strength to take their first steps without Fernandez.

Yet Gordon, the skinny leadoff man listed at 170 pounds, showed them.

A left-handed hitter, he went to the plate to bat right-handed, the way his friend Jose hit. He wore a batting helmet marked with Fernandez's No. 16.

Gordon took the first pitch for a ball, then exchanged the first helmet for his own and moved over to the left side. He looked at ball two, then took a big swing at one of Colon's trademark 85-mph fastballs. The baseball soared high and far, into the upper deck in right field, Gordon's first home run in 306 at-bats, since the final game of the 2015 season.

Then, in the time it took him to circle the bases, he fell apart.

Gordon was crying before he touched home plate, then started sobbing as he received hugs from his friends. First, Marcell Ozuna, the on-deck hitter, then Stanton and essentially everyone else who, like him, was wearing a black, No. 16 Fernandez jersey.

"I told the boys, 'If y'all don't believe in God, you might as well start [believing],'' Gordon said. "I've never hit a ball that far, even in batting practice.''

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/203591...-brings-magic/

Aside from the tragedy, historically 2016 Dee Gordon would have been known as the guy caught cheating, and was suspended. Thats erased now, instead he will be known as the guy that hit the magical home run.

^^^I had deleted that thinking it was a distraction but saw Seds repped it so I posted it again.

Just set my starters through Sunday. The end of another disappointing fantasy season. There have been enough now that I can officially say I am bad at a game I used to be pretty damn good at. Upsetting but I am not frustrated like I was last year. Determined to have a good year next season.