The 11th Hall of Fame

Tools    

I was wondering how someone unfamiliar with East Germany would feel about the film, so I'm really glad you enjoyed it, and even though you hadn't read my write-up, we said very similar things.

Embrace of the Serpent

When i heard what this was about i expected it to be a Dead Man like surrealist jourey. While i do think they are a bit similar to my surprise this turned out a lot more straight forward. Not that this is a good or bad thing, i just wanted to note that because it was a surprise to me. All the main performances were good but the best had to be both of the Kararmakate's, with the edge going to the younger. It was amazing how different they were, it actually took me a minute to realize they were the same person because i hadn't gotten a grasp of the name. The movie looked and sounded amazing. I can see an argument made for this being in colour because of all of the amazing scenery, and i don't know maybe that would've been better regardless though i thought it looked spectacular. The sounds of the jungle and the wildlife were amazing, especially since i was watching this late at night not exactly tired but kind of spent from doing a lot, it just made it such a comforting experience.

Sorry i don't have more to say Swan, i watched it late last night and i just kind of got immersed in everything which is of course a good thing. When i came to right this today i had forgotten some of my thoughts and feelings outside of the plot. I will say it was a very unique audio-visual experience with great performances and an interesting story. Not sure if it will become a favourite but i'm planning on rweturning to it at a later date. I'm actually thinking about buying this soon if i can find it for a decent price since the copy i watched particularly the subtitles weren't the best, so if i do before this ends i might do another better write up for it.

Samurai Rebellion tomorrow then i'm going for my three rewatches.

Well, I'm all for joining.
I'm fine with you sending a list but i'm going to need everybody to say they don't mind. So if your cool with it say so in the thread, if you have any objections and don't want to say so in the thread you can PM me.

When Sean saw that MM wanted in, he mentioned to me that he's been really busy and would it be cool if MM took his place. No one has watched his nom yet, so again thanks alot for telling me early Sean . I've PM'd MM about nominating for this. If he takes the offer i'm sure nobody has a problem since we're just swapping out Seans nom for whatever MM picks?

As I said, I'm more than happy to have MM in this.
Sad to see Sean drop out, though. Especially this early.

I'll be watching Le Cercle Rouge regardless.

If MM wants to take Sean's place and nominate a new movie/steal Sean's film, I have no problem with that. If he just wants to watch all the movies and send a list without nominating anything himself, I'd be fine with that too.

Looks like most are fine with it, just waiting for MM to respond. Again any objections either say in the thread or PM me. Don't think there will be anyway since it is just one member taking the place of another.

Sad to see Sean drop out, though. Especially this early.
Surely it's a good thing that he dropped out this early. Like you i'll be watching it anyway but i could see people getting annoyed if they watched his nom before he dropped out.

A silver lining to Sean dropping out for me is that i don't have to have Le Cercle Rouge on my list. Not because i don't want to see it as i said i'm going to watch it anyway but the other Melville's i've seen are probably top 20 films for me and from the few i've seen in this the ordering is already going to be incredibly difficult. haha.

Surely it's a good thing that he dropped out this early. Like you i'll be watching it anyway but i could see people getting annoyed if they watched his nom before he dropped out.
I suppose. Still it's going to be weird to me to be in a general HOF without him, even if our tastes don't often match up. I hope he'll at least continue to participate in discussion.

Me too. As he said he's been really busy lately, i'd noticed he hadn't been around much that's why i said before he joined that i didn't think he would be able to.

MM better nominate something great.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
I'm also fine with you joining, MM. Le cercle rouge was one of the films I was having trouble finding, but still it's a shame to see you go Sean. Will make an effort to se Le cercle anyway.

I'm fine with MM joining, he adds a lot to the Hofs as long as he chooses his own nom (which it sounds like he will do). We tried the pitch hit idea when a couple members dropped out, other people joined the Hof and 'played' their movie...which didn't work out well. But yeah if MM has his own nom, welcome aboard!

As I said, I'm more than happy to have MM in this.
Sure because he loved your movie I bet you wouldn't be so happy for late joiners if he panned Her.

Sorry to hear Sean leave, but he did say he was real busy so it's understandable. I won't call it dropping out as it's very early and no one has watched his movie yet, so all good