The 11th Hall of Fame

Tools    

I can just see his face and I want to smash it.
haha i know, same here. I hate the look of him on the posters, and i remember MV had an avatar of him from it for ages and i just wanted to leave death threats on her profile (probably did anyway for unrelated reasons haha) because of it. Don't know what it is though, must be some amazing visual trickery going on because somehow his look isn't annoying in the film, well it wasn't for me anyway. It actually makes him seem more endearing and kind of timid like his character kind of is.

Wait to you find out what he does for a job. The fact that a person is still doing something so mind numbingly dull and worthless for a living whenever this is supposed to be set in the future is infuriating. How was that job not taking over by computers? That's the main question i came away with from Her?

not really i actually kinda love that that is his job

Wait to you find out what he does for a job. The fact that a person is still doing something so mind numbingly dull and worthless for a living whenever this is supposed to be set in the future is infuriating. How was that job not taking over by computers? That's the main question i came away with from Her?

not really i actually kinda love that that is his job
I don't think the film is really trying to be accurate in it's predictions of the future but is more using extensions of technology that already exists in order to touch on really meaningful themes that resonate with the modern age. It feels very set in the now, as opposed to the future when it takes place.

Yah, i was joking. Agreed.
Nah didn't mean to argue or anything, you just gave me the opportunity to say something I wanted to say but didn't get to in my review.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I find shocking that in two pages of posts about Her nobody mentioned Scarlet's voice!!! I'd make love to that voice!!!

I find shocking that in two pages of posts about Her nobody mentioned Scarlet's voice!!! I'd made love to that voice!!!
Yeah but that goes without saying, doesn't it?

Nah didn't mean to argue or anything, you just gave me the opportunity to say something I wanted to say but didn't get to in my review.
I figured, was just clarifying in case anyone thought i was serious.

I hope it isn't the case but it would be pretty hilarious if no proper discussions broke out in this HOF and the highlight turned out be those 10 comments were we discussed Joaquins look in Her. Well Miss Vicky would be happy at least.

I find shocking that in two pages of posts about Her nobody mentioned Scarlet's voice!!! I'd made love to that voice!!!
Of course. Funny thing is i remember before this was released some commented on Joaquin looking weird but there was more focus on Scarlett being a terrible choice because she has a dull, monotone voice, from what i seen anyway. Agreed of course she is both delightful and devastating.

WARNING: "Major Her" spoilers below
That scene were they are trying to have sex through the avatar or whatever the person gets called, and of course the reveal of her other relationships and goodbye are heartwrenching.

Wait to you find out what he does for a job. The fact that a person is still doing something so mind numbingly dull and worthless for a living whenever this is supposed to be set in the future is infuriating. How was that job not taking over by computers?
I actually thought his job fit in well with the world they established in the movie. Everyone in the film's universe is so absorbed with new technology, that it's easy to imagine that anything involving pure sentimentality has become a lost art. I think that's why the other characters were always so impressed with his writing.

It's sort of become a novelty in our time as well. Can you even remember the last time you received a personal letter in the mail? And if so, was it from someone other than your grandparents? Probably not. I don't think that business would really succeed in our world right now, but I can actually see it being a real possibility in the near future.

A quirky movie that is indeed very suitable for Joaquin Phoenix.Like someone else mentioned this consept isnt really all that far fetched,which is disturbing enough on its own.Joaquin is superb as always,but i didnt really care much for Scarletts parts,it just became a bit too much and took it too far for me in the machine vs human part.
I really liked the filming and staging,though i wish they would have kept him "normal" looking insted of the "yeah he would fall inlove with a computer" look.I like the plot but it wasnt able to pull me all the way in for some reason, though I was still entertained throughout.

Ugh. Note to Camo: Don't joke or you'll be harassed by the powerful greeting card lobbyists.
I saw that you said you liked that it was his job in the small font below. I just didn't quote that bit because it was irrelevant to the point I wanted to bring up about how I thought his job was both very fitting and also fairly plausible.

It wasn't really a direct response to your comment, but more so a jumping off point.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
(rewatch)
horrible title,awesome movie.I am veeeery picky about comedies,i usually dont like them,or atleast dont find them funny-however this one got me laughing hysterically from start to finish. Nevermind the actually plot,but Robert Downey Jr and Val Kilmer together were magic Ive heard a lot of not so nice things about Val Kilmer so this movie is really refreshing.Ive seen this a few times now and laugh just as much every single time.which is reeally rare for me.Again im not really a fan of the actress,and the movie definitly has its own issues,but this and hot fuzz are about the only comedies I genuinely laugh out loud at.the snappy dialogue,borderline behaviour and great chemistry.

I wish they would have kept him "normal" looking insted of the "yeah he would fall inlove with a computer" look.
So is that your way of saying that you also wanted to punch him in the face?

I saw that you said you liked that it was his job in the small font below. I just didn't quote that bit because it was irrelevant to the point I wanted to bring up about how I thought his job was both very fitting and also fairly plausible.

It wasn't really a direct response to your comment, but more so a jumping off point.
Yeah, but quoting and directing it to me kind of looks like you are trying to argue a point with an obviously absurd post. I mean did you miss this part in big writing -
That's the main question i came away with from Her?

I know no one would actually take it that way (and that obviously that's not what you were doing) i just made the lobbyist joke because the idea of you quoting that post to make a serious point was pretty hilarious.