Pick A Movie For Me (Chain Game)

Tools    

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Let's see then. Who to pick? Tugg, you haven't had a go in a while. You still interested?
So it's been almost 24 hours, I pm:d Tugg and saw him/her online earlier, so it's good odds that the message went through. Shall we give it another 12 hours and then I pick someone else?

Go ahead and pick someone else, Tugg may be involved with something, and will get in soon anyway.

Go ahead and pick someone else, Tugg may be involved with something, and will get in soon anyway.
Ok, I'll pick another. I choose you, Spacefugitive...sorry, Cosmicrunaway. I'm open for anything, though I'd see it as a kindness if we skip movies with 17 yo looking for pre-pubescent virgins this time. There's a time for that, but it's not directly after the last time. Check top 10 and lists if you're having trouble coming up with somthing.

Yeah its rough.

Definitely ahead of its time though. John Cassavetes reminds me of Robert Altman with his style here. My names gonna be in black for awhile, right now feel like Im subjecting myself more than watching it.
you don't have to finish it if it's hard for you. it's one of the most intense films i've ever seen and it never lets up, so the fact that it's left such an impact on you is good enough for me.
criticker

you don't have to finish it if it's hard for you. it's one of the most intense films i've ever seen and it never lets up, so the fact that it's left such an impact on you is good enough for me.
Thank you! Please choose another movie for me Inmate.

Swan ► Close Up (1990)
Daniel M ► Closet Land (1991)
MonnoM ► Doomed Megalopolis (1991)
OmnizoaYoung Adult (2011)
TuggFour Lions (2010)
CamoThe Nanny (1965)
Citizen RulesSamurai Rebellion (1967)
CricketCity Of Lost Children (1995)
TheUsualSuspect ► Vagabond (1986)
Redwell ► Postman Blues (1997)
TONGODragon Tiger Gate (2006)
Omnizoa ► Gen-X Cops (1999)
CosmicRunawaySociety (1989)
re93animatorThe Fear of 13 (2015)
ClazorKids (1995)
Topsy ► Whatever Happened To Baby Jane (1962)
Mistique ► Seven Samurai (1954)
Nope ► Martyrs (2008)
The Sci-Fi Slob ► Asylum Blackout (2011)
MonnoM ► Mutant Action (1993)
re93animatorHarakiri (1962)
CamoThe World According To Garp (1982)
TONGOHowl (2015)
Above The Clouds ► Dark Waters (1993) ?
MonnoM ► Heaven (2002)
Movie MaxAn American Werewolf in London (1981)
Cricket ► Used Cars (1980)
re93animatorFurry Vengeance (2010)
The Sci-Fi SlobThe Lion In Winter (1968)
TONGO ► Bigger than Life (1956)
Frightened Inmate No. 2 ► Night on Earth (1991)
Citizen Rules ► Payback (1999)
Clazor ► ?????

Inmate suggested Bigger Than Life, so I changed it.

I choose you, Spacefugitive...sorry, Cosmicrunaway.
Brb, changing name to SpaceFugitive.

If you don't have a particular genre in mind, I'm going to suggest Brazil (1985) simply because I've been thinking about that movie a lot lately and I don't know why.

Is there anyone that hasn't been picked in a while and wants to be picked?
I'm going to ask this question as well. Or is there anyone new to the thread who wants a go?

I have to go to work right now, so someone has until I get home to speak up, otherwise I'll just pick someone like normal. I only work a half day today though, so it's not really that much time and no one is probably online at this hour haha.

Brb, changing name to SpaceFugitive.

If you don't have a particular genre in mind, I'm going to suggest Brazil (1985) simply because I've been thinking about that movie a lot lately and I don't know why.
That work very well, seeing as I've had Brazil in my collection for over a year and still haven't seen it. Thank you, SpaceFugitive

Swan ► Close Up (1990)
TuggFour Lions (2010)
CamoThe Nanny (1965)
ClazorKids (1995)
Nope ► Martyrs (2008)
TONGOHowl (2015)
MonnoM ► Heaven (2002)
Clazor ► Brazil (1985)
CosmicRunaway ► ?????
NextScorsese ► ?????

Brazil (1985)
(with possibility of going higher)

Care for a little necrophilia? Hmmm?

Well...this was a star-studded movie. You've got the High Sparrow, Al Capone, Pontius Pilate, Bilbo Baggins, Mario Mario, Aemon Targaryan and Professor Slugghorn all in one movie. That couldn't have been easy. But what a movie it was.

In a retro-futuristic world where bureaucracy's paramount (and inefficiency therefore runs rampant), a lowly bureaucrat (Pryce) with dreams of freedom, trying to set right a wrong, gets accused of being a terrorist. Along with the girl of his dreams he must now set out to rescue her from arrest and for them to flee the city.

I didn't really know what to expect from this movie. I knew Terry Gilliam directed and his history with the Monty Python crew, but I knew prescious little about the actual movie. I thought it was Di Nero who would be flying around in the winged armor, a wierd superhero that would inspire Pryce's character to join in the rebellion to overthrow the paper-pushing, totalitarian regime. What I got was a rouge heat technician/commando. I don't know which I would've preffered to be honest.

This whole movie gave me a confused feel. They juxtapose these grand, pillared exteriors and entrance halls with tiny, cramped areas for whenever the characters are inside and moving about. The people are allways pressing up against walls so other people can pass by, they cram themselves into small elevators and tiny offices. If the goal is to make Pryce and us feel small and insignificant, they succeed. But at the same time the characters themselves bring levity to the proceedings through dry wit and (it seems) unintended hilarity through absurd behaviour. The protagonists' mother's rivaling attempts with her friend as to which method of plastic surgery's most effective or his friends apparent total compartmentalisation between his work as a inquisitor and his interaction with his daughter. All this works towards creating a surreal world where a woman wears a shoe for a hat and everything feels strange. It's as if you've fallen through the white rabbit's tunnel, but instead of emerging in wonderland proper, you find yourself in a wonderland where someone's tried to impose order, but the world itself is resisting and the madness is starting to seep back in through the cracks. I also feel like this movie was shot in black and white while still knowing for a fact that I saw bright splashes of color here and there.

The movie was interesting, but I don't know that I loved it. It will absolutly require several more viewings for me to get the whole story and see all the little details I'm sure that I missed. But above all, I need to see this a few more times to decide if I like it or not. I just can't say. For now, it gets a
with the possibility of going up after second and third viewings.

Swan ► Close Up (1990)
TuggFour Lions (2010)
CamoThe Nanny (1965)
ClazorKids (1995)
Nope ► Martyrs (2008)
TONGOHowl (2015)
MonnoM ► Heaven (2002)
ClazorBrazil (1985)
CosmicRunaway ► After Hours (1985)
NextScorsese ► ?????