Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I vitelloni (1953)

Fellini lovers... You better pray I like it!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Did a double feature for my Harrison Fordathon last night.

Looking to close things out with Blade Runner (1982). I've started watching it before but never made it half way through without my attention wandering. Now that I've read Philip K Dick's source material, hopefully I'll be more into it. PKD's ideas translate to the screen so well. Opting for the final cut as Ridley would intend.

La strada (1954) - REWATCH

Let's settle it once and for all.

On Her Majetsy's Secret Service (1969)

Working my way through the Bond movies - I'd always heard about Lazenby's Bond, but had never seen him.
He's certainly handsome. Interesting breaking of the fourth wall in the opening sequence (but supposedly done as a double entendre so that it could be explained away that he was not referencing Sean Connery!)

I'm going to watch Chapter 27 ( 2007 )

Nights of Cabiria (1957) - FIRST TIME WATCH

8 1/2 (1963) - REWATCH

Ugh, I hated 8 1/2 with all my heart in 2012, but seeing how I loved La Strada this time I have hope! Nights of Cabiria looks really promising. Hope it's better than La Strada!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Nights of Cabiria (1957) - FIRST TIME WATCH

8 1/2 (1963) - REWATCH

Ugh, I hated 8 1/2 with all my heart in 2012, but seeing how I loved La Strada this time I have hope! Nights of Cabiria looks really promising. Hope it's better than La Strada!
"La Strada" is my #2 ever. I couldn't stand "8 1/2" but I really liked "Nights of Cabiria" very much... Enjoy!

Bicycle Thieves (1948) - REWATCH

I'm in a mood for another rewatch, so let's not waste it!

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
The talented mr ripley (1999)

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
The talented Mr Ripley (1999) (I recomend you see it, but I can't rate it yet.)

I-I don't...What?...No...No no no I don't know...nnghh

*hugging knees, rocking softly, whimpering*

I don't know if I like this movie or not. I've been sitting here for 20 minutes trying to decide what I think of this movie; is it bad for making me feel this confused? Or is that the very thing that makes it great? I don't...nnghh

*Clasping head in hands, rocking softly*

*Exhales heavely* Let's just start with what I can say: Matt Damon is acting his @ss off in this. He plays the titular mr. Ripley, a down on his luck kid who, in 50s New York, gets sent to Italy by a whealthy shipbuilder to try to get the mans' son back home. The man does this because Ripley lies and claims to have gone to school with the son. And on that starting tone, so goes the movie. More lies ensue and then even more.

I've heard this character described as a sociopath, but I don't know if I agree completly. He's an excellent liar, but he also falters, he get's stressed and when he gets cornered he reacts emotionally, without thinking. But then after he reacts to the current problem (somtimes physically), gone seems the emotions and he sets to work vanishing any trace that's left of the outcome.

Other actors of note are Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow, the late Phillip Seymore-Hoffman and Cate Blanchett. Huge props also to the director, Anthony Minghella, who's other films I haven't seen but now I think I will.

In the end, I think I'm sure of this at least: Go see it, if for no other reason than to see Matt Damon in a killer roll.

I still don't know if I can rate this movie, so for now I will leave it unrated. Maybe I'll come back in a few days when I thought about it some more.

I am not the biggest Hitchcock fan, though I like him well enough he doesn't bring out much enthusiasm in me, at least not like he did when I was a kid. That said I'm looking forward to watching this, I'm sure it'll be good.