Gene Wilder, ‘Willy Wonka’ Star and Comedic Icon, Dies at 83

Tools    

Something horrible man. He may not have been able to feed himself, give himself water, forgot he already took his meds and od'd, just could be a bazillion different things.

It really is disheartening knowing how much Wilder and Robin Williams suffered before dying after being so consistently hilarious in their lives.
Yeah, that's why I was wondering. Both my parents have it (or dementia) and there are a million complications.

But say someone forgets to hold a railing and falls - cause of death would probably be listed as a fall. But as you said, if they starved, it probably wouldn't be listed as "starvation" because people wouldn't understand how that could happen. More than likely, starvation would only occur with someone who was alone / unattended or didn't have money for medical treatment (where they'd stick an I.V. in them).

All these are reasons why I'm wondering. In the past they would've just said he died of old age, but mentioning Alzheimer's (but not mentioning the direct cause) is probably a way of raising awareness for the disease.

I've been looking him up a few times lately and everytime slightly surprised he was still alive. I'm kinda sad he's gone actually. Maybe that will finally be the right time to sit down and watch him as Willy Wonka.

Maybe that will finally be the right time to sit down and watch him as Willy Wonka.
Are you implying there was ever a wrong time to do that????

RIP Gene Wilder

He'll be up there cracking a joke with Richard Pryor, icons of comedy.

Never seen it, so there has never been either a wrong or right time for me.
Well you should deffo get that fixed then

The Adventure Starts Here!
As a card-carrying member of the Gene Wilder Fan Club in the 1970s, an owner of the original vinyl soundtrack for Young Frankenstein, and three full scrapbooks of ticket stubs, newspaper and magazine article clippings, and signed photos of the man, I am just going to go crawl into a corner and cry over having lost the last bit of my childhood today.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	GeneWilderAutograph.jpg
Views:	916
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	26800  

Master of My Domain
RIP, what a likeable comedian. His death makes me want to revisit Blazing Saddles.

I loved Gene Wilder in Silver Streak, Stir Crazy, Blazing Saddles, The Woman in Red, and See No Evil, Hear No Evil; not to mention Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Along with Richard Pryor, he was part of the one of the funniest onscreen duos in movie history!

Rest in peace, Mr. Wilder (a.k.a. Mr. Willy Wonka)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
RIP

Gene Wilder was great in so many movies. One of my favorite Gene Wilder movies is the underrated and underseen The Frisco Kid (1979).

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave

He starred in a number of funny films, and was part of one of the great cinematic double acts with Richard Pryor (I can't believe it was only 4 films they made together, feels like it was a lot more). However for me he will always be Willy Wonka. I've loved that film since I was a little kid and his performance is without a doubt the main reason for my adoration.

RIP Gene.

Gene Wilder Died While Listening to His Favorite Song, Family Reveals

The late comedian and actor Gene Wilder kept his Alzheimer’s diagnosis secret and suffered with the disease for three years, his heartbroken family has revealed. The family of the Blazing Saddles star broke their silence following his death Monday in a statement written by Wilder's nephew.

“The decision to wait until this time to disclose his condition wasn’t vanity, but more so that the countless young children that would smile or call out to him ‘there’s Willy Wonka,’ would not have to be then exposed to an adult referencing illness or trouble and causing delight to travel to worry, disappointment or confusion. He simply couldn’t bear the idea of one less smile in the world,” Jordan Walker-Pearlman said in a statement.

He passed away at his home in Stamford, Connecticut, at the age of 83 holding hands with family members as everyone sang his favorite song, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cele...haI?li=BBnb7Kz